Best form of creatine

YoungGunzV2

There are all kinds of different creatine, creatine HCL, kre-alkyn, mono, etc. What forms do you guys think work best, also what company or product, thanks.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Creatine monohydrate, Magnesium Creatine Chelate,and Creatine Nitrate are all good options.

try each one and see which works best for YOU. Each person is different and opinions vary.

flook1e

flook1e

Awards
I think creatine is creatine. You can dress it up all you like in fancy packaging and change the form it is in, but I have seen no advantage over bog-standard creatine monohydrate. I chose to go for Reflex because they purify it to reduce reno-toxic metabolites. Anyone with altered kidney function or some form of kidney disease (including kidney infections) should not be taking it.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are all kinds of different creatine, creatine HCL, kre-alkyn, mono, etc. What forms do you guys think work best, also what company or product, thanks.
Creatine monohydrate is the most studied form. Proven to work and very cheap compaired to other forms.

Look at creatine ethyl ester ,was "meant" to have better absorbsion. This was the selling point. What actually happens? You piss most of CEE down the toilet ,both literally and fiquretively.

As for kre-aklin it is "meant"to cause less bloat than mono but it is monohydrate. Doh! The water retention is an intended effect. Hydrating the cells. Now squishy bloat I dont believe is the function but most people who buy creatine and complain about bloat have a pre workout with creatine in it thus injesting 5gs plus the 1 to 5 more given how many scoops/how much creatine is in it. So they take 10gs because they dont count the creatine in pre workout. Hello temporary bloat(untill you piss the acess out) so they race to *** and buy kre...sodium and crappy diet also has a play.

Other forms are a waste or don't have enough data for me to spend money.

The only other ones that look okay to me is creatine hcl,creatine magnapower and ,creatine nitrate

I will always opt for good ol mono hydrate:)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i like C Bol and green mag. cant go wrong with straight mono either.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Here's a post straight from the doctor himself. It would be a good start to read through some of his posts, we're very lucky to have his input here on AM.

Dr. Houser was recently asked on his FB page what he thought were the top 10 "must haves" - here was his response...

Joe Mista: "Hey Dana as a whole what are your top 10 (or more) favorite vitamins, minerals, etc...?"

Dr. Houser: "I thought of the first 10 things that would come to mind and this is the "off-the-top-of-my-head can't be without Top 10." There are only a couple true ergogenic aids I might include in this group / more stuff here is probably "essential" ...elements":

10. Selenium (if male, this is the equivalent to folic acid for females; but imperative for thyroid functioning and proper metabolism...quintessential and often overlooked);

9. Creatine (MCC or Creatine Orotate preferred);

8. Curcumin (anti-inflammatory/pro-testosterone, can be found in every guy's cupboard I hope...understand bioavailability is poor, so take more of it!!!!);

7. Magnesium (100s of enzymatic processes in the body);

6. L-carnitine (all forms, but LOVE LCLT/PLC/ALCAR combo);

5. Leucine (NOT all BCAAs; leucine alone is overlooked and the only sole ketogenic BCAA);

4. Beta-alanine (has supplanted creatine as the true necessity when it comes to anti-oxidant prowess and ergogenic value...its unmatched);

3. CoQ10 (multi-function strikes again - can change type I muscle fibers to type IIs; can protect the heart; act as an antioxidant, etc...);

2. Vitamins C and D (Vit C at 500 mg with EVERY meal through the day; even eating is an oxidative process. NO MORE than 500mg so abort pills that contain 1000 mg or whatever...they actually turn PRO-oxidant. Also, Vit C is vital at promoting collagen resynthesis. Vitamin D. What can I say? Actually, what can I not?);

1. B Complex (not flashy and can be taken with Vit C at all meals, but given its multitude of functions and co-factor offering, I wouldn't dream of going without it)."

I am curious what your Top 10 lists might look like?

D_
If you decide to go with Magnesium Creatine Chelate (MCC) there's three very good options out there_ GreenMag from Controlled labs, MCC caps from SNS and Cre-02 from Millenium Sports

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Creatine monohydrate is bar none, the most popular bodybuilding supplement.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Once saturated creatine forms should be largely irrelevant other than the potential additive benefits of other forms. Therefore it becomes an issue of the most benefits for the best price. Creapure (or a reputable Creatine Monohydrate) will provide best results at the cheapest price.

I personally prefer some of the more expensive forms for additional performance enhancement. My favorites are Trinitine by Omega Sports, Magnesium Creatine Chelate (from either bulk MCC by SNS or Green Mag by Controlled Labs), or Creatine Orotate found in MAN Sports Clout.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Orotine is my creatine of choice.

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
Creapure mono for me. But equally kre-alkyn seems to work just as well, and faster i might add.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
You see 16 y.o. kid? This is something you can actually look into if you need a psychological crutch of sorts :), Creatine Mono is by far one of the most popular ways to consume creatine and people (most of them anyway) see results from it. Now, as for Orotine and MCC , they both present interestring results as well and would encourage you to try Mono and how you handle the bloating with it before going for this. Good stuff to see you off from hormonals and making a new Profie! :)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
You see 16 y.o. kid? This is something you can actually look into if you need a psychological crutch of sorts :), Creatine Mono is by far one of the most popular ways to consume creatine and people (most of them anyway) see results from it. Now, as for Orotine and MCC , they both present interestring results as well and would encourage you to try Mono and how you handle the bloating with it before going for this. Good stuff to see you off from hormonals and making a new Profie! :)
He should get creatine from beef,poultry,and fish if hes 16.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
He should get creatine from beef,poultry,and fish if hes 16.
I do agree with you my friend , but this IS an improvement , before he made this second profile he was asking about ABE , Natadrol , Subesterone...god believe me this is like beating hitler all over again...But yes , red meats should provide him enough creatine needed at his young and inexperienced age :). I did mention the psychological crutch aspect didn't I! :p Glad that you chimed in on this too brother!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do agree with you my friend , but this IS an improvement , before he made this second profile he was asking about ABE , Natadrol , Subesterone...god believe me this is like beating hitler all over again...But yes , red meats should provide him enough creatine needed at his young and inexperienced age :). I did mention the psychological crutch aspect didn't I! :p Glad that you chimed in on this too brother!
You and I seem to agree on alot lately haha. I will rep when I get home. He will learn eventually that supps arent even nessacary.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
You and I seem to agree on alot lately haha. I will rep when I get home. He will learn eventually that supps arent even nessacary.
Couldn't have phrased it better myself bro :) and yes we seem to be akin to the same standpoints on this lifestyle of ours haha.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ima play on the other side of the ball here just for some interesting discussion (doesnt mean i believe it, just wanna hear opinions).

sure mono is the most studied and is proven, but that doesnt mean other creatine options arent just as or even more effective just because there arent many (or no) studies at all. i really like green mag and cbol. i also cycle between those two and creapure from PP. have 3 tubs left so should last me a while

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
ima play on the other side of the ball here just for some interesting discussion (doesnt mean i believe it, just wanna hear opinions).

sure mono is the most studied and is proven, but that doesn't mean other creatine options aren't just as or even more effective. Just because there aren't many (or no) studies at all, i really like green mag and cbol. I also cycle between those two and creapure from PP. I have 3 tubs left so should last me a while.
Varies with the individual, and how the body processes it. Many love CEE whilst i'm a total non responder.

Diffrent strokes as they say.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

sure mono is the most studied and is proven, but that doesnt mean other creatine options arent just as or even more effective just because there arent many (or no) studies at all. i really like green mag and cbol. i also cycle between those two and creapure from PP. have 3 tubs left so should last me a while
You know I have been tempted to try Clout again , last time I did I was a fresh noob to all this and I think I could reassess its effects under a more experienced and informed light, that said, I am also interested in maybe trying cbol some day too...Orotic acid poked my brain hamster awake some months ago, and it keeps him wondering about its effects haha

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Varies with the individual, and how the body processes it. Many love CEE whilst i'm a total non responder.

Diffrent strokes as they say.
Agreed
Creapure Mono in my opinion.
And I respond to this better myself too lol specially the AX German Creatine haha.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say why mess with something that works. Creapure creatine monohydrate. Fancy creatines are just there to make companies extra money for something they say is "better" when in reality its not any better at all.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
I say why mess with something that works. Creapure creatine monohydrate. Fancy creatines are just there to make companies extra money for something they say is "better" when in reality its not any better at all.

Dr. D swears MCC/Creatine Orotate are superior, that's got to mean something. Now whether it affects body comp or not(Im going with it doesn't), Im assuming it has its benefits elsewhere.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Creapure Mono in my opinion.
I get the best results from this--like the optimum nutrition kind. However, I can't take it and have had to stop due to the GI issues it seems to cause me. When diet and all other things are looked at, it's been narrowed to the addition of powdered mono.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this doesnt always apply for everyone. After about 2-3 weeks on mono, I am a bloated pig with bad runs and no noticeable improvements

lboston

lboston

Awards
this doesnt always apply for everyone. After about 2-3 weeks on mono, I am a bloated pig with bad runs and no noticeable improvements
What sort of creatine do you use? I get the runs something fierce on mono!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Creatine monohydrate, Magnesium Creatine Chelate,and Creatine Nitrate are all good options.

try each one and see which works best for YOU. Each person is different and opinions vary.
This! I personally like SNS Magnesium Creatine Chelate or Creapure

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creapure mono for me. But equally kre-alkyn seems to work just as well, and faster i might add.
What about double buffered Creapure... Crea-Trona check it out.... :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What sort of creatine do you use? I get the runs something fierce on mono!
HCL was ok for me...but too expensive. Going to try MCC next. After that...I might be done with creatine altogether.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Have you tried a lot of different brands?. Do you use pure creapure?. Have you tried smaller dosages, say around 3 grams?.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried a lot of different brands?. Do you use pure creapure?. Have you tried smaller dosages, say around 3 grams?.
sadly, I have exhausted the creapure train. differing doses and brand. The best I tried was ON, but after a few weeks had a major response that was quite negative.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sadly, I have exhausted the creapure train. differing doses and brand. The best I tried was ON, but after a few weeks had a major response that was quite negative.

That's too bad. Maybe try mixing it in warm water. I read something about mixing it in warm water on here a few years back for people with problems similar to yours. I think what they did was warm a glass of water in the microwave then add the creatine to it and mix it till it dissolves. I'm really not sure on the details though because I read it a long time ago and I'm old.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol....I am in your age range so I can sympathize.

lboston

lboston

Awards
HCL was ok for me...but too expensive. Going to try MCC next. After that...I might be done with creatine altogether.
I use Kre-aklyn from time to time--seems to treat me pretty good. Have you tried that?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Dr. D swears MCC/Creatine Orotate are superior, that's got to mean something. Now whether it affects body comp or not(Im going with it doesn't), Im assuming it has its benefits elsewhere.
MCC has improved kinetics and solubility, allowing for a different pathway for GI uptake, improved distribution, and less time to saturation. It also contains chelated magnesium, which is essentially the most bioavailable form of supplemental magnesium. Magnesium is arguably the most important mineral to supplement because both diets and multivitamins are often low in magnesium content.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
MCC has improved kinetics and solubility, allowing for a different pathway for GI uptake, improved distribution, and less time to saturation. It also contains chelated magnesium, which is essentially the most bioavailable form of supplemental magnesium. Magnesium is arguably the most important mineral to supplement because both diets and multivitamins are often low in magnesium content.
Appreciate the clarification bud :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Appreciate the clarification bud :)
No problem, figured I'd just post this from our PM exchange for others who are interested...

Well, you have to understand that the end result of all creatine forms (besides CEE) is the same as far as intramuscular PCr is concerned. A 28 day trial comparing MCC to monohydrate found no statistically significant difference in PCr stores or strength, but the performance of the MCC group was trending towards greater increases. The improved kinetics of MCC are valuable in three major scenarios:

1. The individual is not saturated. MCC will get you to saturation more rapidly than monohydrate, and at a lower dose.

2. The individual is a monohydrate non-responder. One reason for this occurrence is poor GI uptake. By chelating a diatomic metal to the creatine molecule, we now have two primary means of uptake at the enterocyte (whereas monohydrate has one primary and one secondary). This effect can not be achieved by chelating monoatomic metals like Na and K. While I love trinitine for the electrolytic support preworkout, pure Magnesium creatine chelate is superior in this regard and others.

3. The individual bloats on monohydrate, even at low doses. Monohydrate can indeed create troubling osmotic effects in the GI tract. Yes, lowering the dose fixes the issue, but it can never really be fully ameliorated. The improved solubility of MCC circumvents bloating, discomfort, and extracellular water retention.

And finally, as I said earlier, chelated magnesium is just an awesome ingredient to supplement. SNS MCC actually provides a hefty dose of your DV of magnesium at just 3 caps.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I hear my brother Coop wants to get me a coupon to get some SNS MCC to add to my already huge repertoire of SNS supps to try it out in comparison to my love for Mono ;p!

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
Cbol was great, besides the puke in my mouth and farts that could kill myself. I got creatine and pumps in one product.