Pre and post workout routine or "rituals"

  1. Pre and post workout routine or "rituals"


    What do you guys do before, during and after workouts? My "schedule" is as follows:

    0400: wake up drink Focus XT
    0430: protein shake (with milk), and whatever supplements I am supposed to take preworkout with food (currently Anabeta Elite, Compound 20 and Erase Pro)
    0500: Workout. I sip Purple Wraath on my way to gym and during workout. I arrive exactly at 0500 when the gym opens and train for about an hour.
    0610: protein shake (milk again), bananna with the "after supps" and first dose of Orange Triad


    I know using shakes so much on workout days is not the the optimal way to eat, but my time is extremely condensed in the morning. I only do this every other day when I train and eat whole food breakfast on off days. I have been using this protocol for the past 2 months and it seems to be working well, I am getting into a real groove training and I think following the same routine is helping.


  2. Get off work@ 7 get home about 7:30. Pop in call of duty mw3 just get the blood flowing. Drink my pwo as I play a few games. Take my morning deuce, hit up one more game then head to the gym.

  3. Yeah, I use the bathroom every morning before the gym also, I guess that could be worth mentioning.
    •   
       


  4. Train
    Eat

    I try to stay away from rituals or a stringent schedule so I am ready at pretty much any time to train. I keep some BCAAs in my gym in bag if I'm training fasted, but that's about it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. How can people train fasted?
    Tried it & I feel weak and lethargic. Is it all mental?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  6. I think it's something you just get used to.

  7. I have tried it, its not really for me.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    How can people train fasted?
    Tried it & I feel weak and lethargic. Is it all mental?
    As most things are.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  9. I used to be like that. But I found my life is the too hectic and I was missing workouts and meals. I dont mind if I have to deviate sometimes, but having a routone helps me to juggle work, kids and my wifes schedule

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    As most things are.
    Quote Originally Posted by boogyman
    I have tried it, its not really for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21
    I think it's something you just get used to.
    Would love to be able to do it, but I've tried multiple times to go into the gym and it's just not the same. Don't know why the energy isn't there. Seems like with the food I'm stronger and can go longer.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Would love to be able to do it, but I've tried multiple times to go into the gym and it's just not the same. Don't know why the energy isn't there. Seems like with the food I'm stronger and can go longer.
    Again, it's mental. You already have the attitude going into training that you will not be as strong or be able to handle as much volume.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  12. Also depends on how long you were fasted. If I go within an hour or two of waking I'm fine. If it's a couple of hours then I can really tell the difference.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21
    Also depends on how long you were fasted. If I go within an hour or two of waking I'm fine. If it's a couple of hours then I can really tell the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Again, it's mental. You already have the attitude going into training that you will not be as strong or be able to handle as much volume.
    Agreed. As I was waking at like 9, going around 11-12. :/
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Agreed. As I was waking at like 9, going around 11-12. :/
    There have been well over a dozen times where I've trained in a fasted state (7-8 hours sleep and awake for 3-4 hours) and set a PR on a big lift.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There have been well over a dozen times where I've trained in a fasted state (7-8 hours sleep and awake for 3-4 hours) and set a PR on a big lift.
    Completely agree. I train that way most of the time and have been able to pack a decent amount of muscle on my frame.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    LORD'S GYM - THE SIN OF THE WORLD - BENCH PRESS THIS! Rom 5:8

  16. I usually start to feel sick. Also, there are some things I cannot take fasted that are supposed to be taken with meals. Anabeta Elite, I tried twice to take it pre workout without at least a small meal and I threw up both times.

  17. I wake up...train...fast...eat at the 16-18 hour mark of my fast lol.

    But on days I am looking at a heavy PR breaking day I will wake up earlier and sacrifice a chicken to the almighty god of the iron so it will bestow upon me his omnipotent blessing and let me smash some PRs, the Ritual will involve many chants, a campfire, wild dancing and some ALCAR+VODKA+HEMAVOL c0cktails passed around in a ceremonial shaker if more people are involved, with the ocassional Beta Alanine spiking from certain members of the community.

    Name:  Screen shot 2012-05-21 at 8.56.43 AM.png
Views: 99
Size:  61.0 KB
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  18. I simply can't lift in the A.M., fasted or not. I used to think the issue was I didn't have enough food in me until I did a few lifting sessions in the afternoon fasted (I don't eat until 3-4pm nowadays) without issue.

    Back on topic, basically my most consistent ritual involves listening to music either in the car or on the bus between taking my preWO and going to the gym. I sometimes if the bus gets there too fast I take 2 buses (they're free) just to make sure I have enough psyching-up time.

  19. Mon-thur sleep til 10am get up eat my carbs and protein normally oatmeal with blueberries and either a protein shake with some milk and a spoonful of ice cream or a Greek yogurt then wait 2 hours and lift....Friday-Sunday due to work I eat my normal carbs (but a little less then other days) when I get to work and some type of protein...then eat good fats and protein at work until about 230 then I eat some carbs and get out of work at 4 and hit the gym at 5 ..... Post workout is always a shake with water right after I lift then a nice sized meal 45 mins later
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

  20. I always bring it home after a workout with a jam like "Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb" That endorphin rush and feeling of well being, ahhhhh

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    I simply can't lift in the A.M., fasted or not. I used to think the issue was I didn't have enough food in me until I did a few lifting sessions in the afternoon fasted (I don't eat until 3-4pm nowadays) without issue.

    Back on topic, basically my most consistent ritual involves listening to music either in the car or on the bus between taking my preWO and going to the gym. I sometimes if the bus gets there too fast I take 2 buses (they're free) just to make sure I have enough psyching-up time.
    Why no AM lifting for you?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  22. Seriously? Guy brings in a comment about sacrificing a chicken to the god of iron and no one laughs oO...damn tough crowd tonight...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    But on days I am looking at a heavy PR breaking day I will wake up earlier and sacrifice a chicken to the almighty god of the iron so it will bestow upon me his omnipotent blessing and let me smash some PRs, the Ritual will involve many chants, a campfire, wild dancing and some ALCAR+VODKA+HEMAVOL c0cktails passed around in a ceremonial shaker if more people are involved, with the ocassional Beta Alanine spiking from certain members of the community.

    Name:  Screen shot 2012-05-21 at 8.56.43 AM.png
Views: 99
Size:  61.0 KB
    LoL...I think someone slipped away from your camp fire and came up here. That sounds oddly familiar.


    I lift after my 12hr shift and hit up my Jack3d to get me going, the caffeine in there really helps. Depending on how many adrenaline dumps I have at work I may need more than just one scoop of Jack3d though. Oh and the PreGame dump of course.

    EDIT: ROFL I was in the middle of posting when you said the above statement Celorza....ironic
    Last edited by mustang0341; 06-15-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added edit
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Till’ we can’t be beat – Won’t Be Beat!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Seriously? Guy brings in a comment about sacrificing a chicken to the god of iron and no one laughs oO...damn tough crowd tonight...
    Haha I just saw it and loled. Great post!

  25. Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    LoL...I think someone slipped away from your camp fire and came up here. That sounds oddly familiar.


    I lift after my 12hr shift and hit up my Jack3d to get me going, the caffeine in there really helps. Depending on how many adrenaline dumps I have at work I may need more than just one scoop of Jack3d though. Oh and the PreGame dump of course.

    EDIT: ROFL I was in the middle of posting when you said the above statement Celorza....ironic
    EPIC hahaha if my morning dump is not achieved at home , the walk/jog to the gym gets it going and I'll make my usual deposit before hitting the iron hahahaha.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  26. Wake up, half a cup of oatmeal with a scoop of Optimum Complex gainer, half a banana, 2 strawberries, handful of blueberries = epic shake about 800 calories, wait 5 min bowl of Wheaties with a half cup of POST grape nuts in almond milk. Wait 5 min, dump then off to the gym :]

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    EPIC hahaha if my morning dump is not achieved at home , the walk/jog to the gym gets it going and I'll make my usual deposit before hitting the iron hahahaha.

    the run or jog for sure, man when I run I need to plan my route so that I pass by a bathroom at like 1.5 miles like clockwork LoL
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Till’ we can’t be beat – Won’t Be Beat!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    the run or jog for sure, man when I run I need to plan my route so that I pass by a bathroom at like 1.5 miles like clockwork LoL
    Ditto if I go for a morning run there is nothing more annoying than its laxative effect, lucky for me I run laps around my campus , and every 1.5 laps = 1 mile or so, and it so happens that on the 4 corners of the circuit i follow, there are stripes ! So for me its around the 4-5 mile mark but damn its annoying to get started with that pumped and amped feeling when starting to run again after a mighty deload of doo-doo weight.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Post your "Leg Day" workout.
    By JKurz802 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
  2. hows this workout routine look while "ON"
    By Squats in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Log in
Log in