Ergobolic or Reduce XT? THoughts?

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Simple. I am doing my first recomp ever and I want to try one of these products.

I'm 195 and would like to get down to 185. I work out 4 days per week and add cardio 1-2 days on of days. My diet is in check as I've always had a high protein, low carb diet, but I just experienced a major life change, and it's made me eat like ****. Its harder to lose it now with a lack of time for more cardio, so I wanted to try one of these supps.

Thoughts? I know Ergobolic is new, but want to see if anyone has compared them.

Thanks!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I can not emphasize how MUCH Reduce-XT makes recomp and bulking easier as a perfect cortisol control agent...seriously it makes my life better...also how do you plan to recomp on low carbs...like...just wondering...

Reactions: mw1

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
They are both fantastic for recomposition. I would also add that you can stack both, as the effects of ergobolic on cortisol are very different from those of reduce XT.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They are both fantastic for recomposition. I would also add that you can stack both, as the effects of ergobolic on cortisol are very different from those of reduce XT.
Coop question. I have been taking Ec. First time taking it. I was going to stack reduce xt with it...any forseeable interactions?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have always been a fan of Reduce XT.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Love reduce xt

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop question. I have been taking Ec. First time taking it. I was going to stack reduce xt with it...any forseeable interactions?
The only foreseeable interaction would be positive. EC and Reduce XT both spare muscle, and EC can cause transient cortisol spikes in new or sensitive users, which Reduce XT would help control.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only foreseeable interaction would be positive. EC and Reduce XT both spare muscle, and EC can cause transient cortisol spikes in new or sensitive users, which Reduce XT would help control.
excellent. Thanks friend.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

uvawahoowa

Awards
Can you pm me where its $23?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Can you pm me where its $23?
So...close...to...negging...dear lord...got google bro? You can not ask for this kind of stuff , if its not the planet or the retailers website you can not ask for sources , or post them , or hint them , for other retailers , we are loyal to the planet and to the companies websites here...and I'm on a bad mood...everything went bad at the gym today >:3 don't you get ****y and smack back at this or i will neg! RAWR!

(Jk btw...I don't neg people for that haha , but yeah bro don;t ask for this)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

uvawahoowa

Awards
So...close...to...negging...dear lord...got google bro? You can not ask for this kind of stuff , if its not the planet or the retailers website you can not ask for sources , or post them , or hint them , for other retailers , we are loyal to the planet and to the companies websites here...and I'm on a bad mood...everything went bad at the gym today >:3 don't you get ****y and smack back at this or i will neg! RAWR!

(Jk btw...I don't neg people for that haha , but yeah bro don;t ask for this)
My bad, never again! At the gym myself right now, curiosity just got the best of me! One week out from a show, can't help but think forward to the **** I am going to use on my upcoming bulks and recomps...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He was kidding bro

No one TRULY gives a hoot abotu crap like this ;)

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool. Well, I figured Reduce XT would get the nod since it is older and proven, but I did order the Ergobolic.

Could I do each back to back? I see that some of you suggest stacking, but I'm weary of stacking products unless/until I see how each effects me as a standalone. I particularly do not want to experience any effect on libido, as some OTC test boosters seem to do to me, unfortunatley.

Thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cool. Well, I figured Reduce XT would get the nod since it is older and proven, but I did order the Ergobolic.

Could I do each back to back? I see that some of you suggest stacking, but I'm weary of stacking products unless/until I see how each effects me as a standalone. I particularly do not want to experience any effect on libido, as some OTC test boosters seem to do to me, unfortunatley.

Thanks!
Neither should affect libido, and while they can be stacked, I'd run one after another to see what they do for you individually.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coop - you don't think the cortisol reduction would be excessive?

Also, WRT cortisol-libido issue, both high levels and low levels "CAN" adversely impact Test (and overall endorphin levels) so one more reason not to "overdo" it with cort modulators and to keep HIGH stress levels in check.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop - you don't think the cortisol reduction would be excessive?

Also, WRT cortisol-libido issue, both high levels and low levels "CAN" adversely impact Test (and overall endorphin levels) so one more reason not to "overdo" it with cort modulators and to keep HIGH stress levels in check.
No I do not. The reason being that ergobolic is analogous to an "adaptopgenic" cortisol complex. When placed in a stressful scenario (i.e. movement restriction of limbs, as per the study), it lowers cortisol and shifts substrate metabolism from protein to fat.

And you're right about the cortisol, but again, nothing to worry about with this stack.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thx buddy

I see your point on the Sutherlandia but Ergobolics also contains ingredients that do not impart activity based on adaptogenic activity

The next ingredient in ErgoBolic is a more well-known cortisol inhibitor: Black Tea Extract (BTE). Black Tea Extract has been shown in human research to lower cortisol levels by up to 47%. Just think how much more muscle and strength you could gain if you had 47% less cortisol in your body!

Finally, we added an ingredient that is very well known, but not for lowering cortisol: Momordica charantia. Momordica is well known for its ability to control blood sugar and burn fat, but Ergogenix knows something else about the herb…it’s a potent inhibitor of the 11b-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 enzyme (11b-HSD1). Again, you don’t need to know what that means, because the important part is that this enzyme ultimately activates cortisol. So when Momordica inhibits the 11b-HSD1 enzyme, your body is going to have less cortisol floating around. And that’s going to open the door to more size and strength – especially working synergistically with the Sutherlandia and Black Tea Extract

http://www.ergogenix.com/products/ergobolic.html

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thx buddy

I see your point on the Sutherlandia but Ergobolics also contains ingredients that do not impart activity based on adaptogenic activity

The next ingredient in ErgoBolic is a more well-known cortisol inhibitor: Black Tea Extract (BTE). Black Tea Extract has been shown in human research to lower cortisol levels by up to 47%. Just think how much more muscle and strength you could gain if you had 47% less cortisol in your body!

Finally, we added an ingredient that is very well known, but not for lowering cortisol: Momordica charantia. Momordica is well known for its ability to control blood sugar and burn fat, but Ergogenix knows something else about the herb…it’s a potent inhibitor of the 11b-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 enzyme (11b-HSD1). Again, you don’t need to know what that means, because the important part is that this enzyme ultimately activates cortisol. So when Momordica inhibits the 11b-HSD1 enzyme, your body is going to have less cortisol floating around. And that’s going to open the door to more size and strength – especially working synergistically with the Sutherlandia and Black Tea Extract

http://www.ergogenix.com/products/ergobolic.html
The black tea extract study/patent is flawed and biased. At best, it's great for general health, but cortisol certainly won't be significantly affected. Momordica is an AWESOME ingredient but it's ability to lower cortisol is, again, limited. Ergobolic has worked great for me so far, but I do not believe the primary MOA is cortisol control. Reduce XT and Ergobolic are both awesome recomp agents, but only the former will suppress cortisol to physiologically relevant levels. The ergobolic is more of an "optimizer."

Reactions: mw1
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well stated man, Thanks. The suggestion of a 47% cortisol reduction from Black Tea Extra....... is........ well........you can fill in the blanks. :p

PS: More on this Sutherlandia stuff (read with caution lol)

When sportsmen and women push themselves, they cause micro-tears in their muscle fibers, the healing process of which is what leads to increased muscle mass and strength. However, the recovery time (between when activity stops and when the muscle healing process is complete) can be up to 48 hours, or longer in some cases. Strenuous activity within the recovery time is limited as muscles repair, and in some cases can even cause a loss of muscle mass. D-Pinitol, one of the active substances within Sutherlandia, can help with shortening recovery times, as it is a vital component in glucose metabolism. It increases and speeds up the ability of muscles to absorb glucose, which is what muscles use to repair themselves. As per the above, D-Pinitol increases the ability of muscles to absorb glucose, which allows for the growth of greater muscle mass. By allowing individuals to train more often between workouts, it effectively increases the potential of activity to increase muscle growth within any timeframe

Pain, when it comes from physical activity, is the body's way of warning you that it is approaching its limits. Many people, for various reasons, cannot seem to push beyond this barrier, even when it is necessary for ultimate physical development...or financial reward. Sutherlandia possesses a substance called GABA, which stands for Gamma Amino-Butyric Acid. This substance is an inhibitory neuro-transmitter. Essentially, it promotes feelings of well being and lessens anxiety...the same anxiety that prevents an individual from crossing the pain threshold when pushing their body to the limit. GABA will allow you to go that one bit further, harder, for longer. GABA plays a vital role in metabolism, in that it stimulates the anterior pituitary gland to produce greater levels of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). HGH plays a key role in promoting the burning of body fat

http://www.sutherlandia.com/sports_frame.htm

uvawahoowa

Awards
The black tea extract study/patent is flawed and biased. At best, it's great for general health, but cortisol certainly won't be significantly affected. Momordica is an AWESOME ingredient but it's ability to lower cortisol is, again, limited. Ergobolic has worked great for me so far, but I do not believe the primary MOA is cortisol control. Reduce XT and Ergobolic are both awesome recomp agents, but only the former will suppress cortisol to physiologically relevant levels. The ergobolic is more of an "optimizer."
Momocordia=bitter melon?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well stated man, Thanks. The suggestion of a 47% cortisol reduction from Black Tea Extra....... is........ well........you can fill in the blanks. :p

PS: More on this Sutherlandia stuff (read with caution lol)
Yeah, a friend of mine did some research on it and saw the rather transparent bias right away by simply looking at the chronology of events following the study.

Momocordia=bitter melon?
Yes sir

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the info in this thread. I got the Ergobolic and will do that first, and then see about Reduce XT immediatley after.