Trouble Sleeping Related to My Supps?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I going to go out on a limb and guess its stress with what is currently going on in my life, but just to double check I wanted to run my current supplement list by you guys and see if anyone else has experienced the same.

I work nightshift from 7p-7:30a and this typically has me home and in bed by around 8:30a until about 2p on workout days and perhaps 4p or even 5p on non-workout days. Usually I sleep very fell and all throughout the day and I only get up if I have to take a piss but then fall back into bed without a care in the world. I've been off work for about 1.5weeks now and typically try to stay on the nightshift schedule the best I can. The past few nights however I've been having terrible trouble sleeping. Sunday night I went to bed around 2am with the fiance but tossed and turned for an hour. Thinking I was forcing my body to sleep too early I watched some TV on the couch and returned to bed around 3:30a and slept until about 11a. Then on Monday night I figured I needed to sleep slightly earlier again since I had been up since 11a so I tried to go to bed around 2a. I had no trouble falling asleep but I woke up at 6a and could not go back to sleep for the life of me. Then last night pretty much the same thing happened. I went to bed around 1a (had to get up at 7a to meet a guy at my house for repairs) and I woke up at 5a, wide awake, couldn't return to sleep.

I think this is partially because the past few nights I've completely ****ed my sleep schedule up and I'm hoping now that I'm back to work things will go back to normal. I'm also in the middle of closing on my house and I've been running around like crazy trying to move my **** out and clean it and the deadline is Friday.

But...

I also started taking some new supplements about 6 days ago and I'm wondering if there is any relation with sleep loss to the supplements. Here is the list:

Erase Pro (just started)
DCP (just started)
Synthetic Supplements Agmatine (just started)
Orange Triad (just started)
Raspberry Ketones
EC stack (been on this for a month now)
Green Tea Extract
Titanium XL
ALCAR

... and my typical preworkouts which have never effected my sleep before.

Any ideas?

If this was TL;DR, just read the supplement list... lol

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
EC might be the problem...try reducing to 2 doses a day , or space it away at least 6-8 hours apart from bed time!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I've been taking the EC for a month now. 3 doses about 4hrs apart. Typically one taken when I wake up, one when I get to work, and one in the middle of work. I usually never take one when its 6hrs before bed. But even when I have taken it that close I never had a problem with it :(

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hm...it really can't be related to Erase or the Multi , let alone DCP its stim free...If you haven't done changes in your diet or workouts , it could be just stress bro , why not pick up some phenibut or zma? Melatonin KNOCKS me out COLD yo haha add that to zma or phenibut and you'll sleep like a baby.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well since I am in between houses the diet slipped a little (and I had my bachelor party last weekend so I threw my diet out the window just one time ;)) but the workouts have become more intense. I'll consider the ZMA as I have used it in the past. Last night I tried just magnesium since I have run out of ZMA and that obviously did nothing. I'm hoping returning to work and getting back on the regular scheduled and getting settled in the new house will fix it all.

I keep telling my fiance (who has also been complaining of sleep lately) that it is because we are not having sex (we are trying to hold off til wedding). I bet a few romps and we'd be sleeping like babies. LOL.

That'll be the day :(

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
IMO its just stress. With your house and moving out and lack of releasing your stress (no sex) seems like there's an abundance of stress.

bottle of lubriderm and n00dz shall do the trick!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bottle of lubriderm and n00dz shall do the trick!
;) I'm slightly happy that she and I don't work quite the same schedules. Get some alone time at the house... for uh, playing the XBOX, AMIRITE???

We shall see if this subsides in a week. Too bad my schedule sucks ass. Working tonight, tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Friday I get a break but I'm busy all day. House closing at 2PM and meeting with a DJ for the wedding at 530PM. And I want to see Prometheus. ****.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Well since I am in between houses the diet slipped a little (and I had my bachelor party last weekend so I threw my diet out the window just one time ;)) but the workouts have become more intense. I'll consider the ZMA as I have used it in the past. Last night I tried just magnesium since I have run out of ZMA and that obviously did nothing. I'm hoping returning to work and getting back on the regular scheduled and getting settled in the new house will fix it all.

I keep telling my fiance (who has also been complaining of sleep lately) that it is because we are not having sex (we are trying to hold off til wedding). I bet a few romps and we'd be sleeping like babies. LOL.

That'll be the day :(
I vote on the s3x more than anything , you need a stress release , there you go bro , "shoot" out your stress and pains away and then sleep like a baby haha , she should know proper teste-cardio-vascular exercises are needed when cortisol levels are high to be able to regulate them and help the deep sleep benefits such as HGH release bro! Get a bit creative bro and make it want it so bad that said pledge of holding it off is thrown the same way your diet was thrown!! (out the window haha)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What time are you taking the OT and alcar?

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
;) I'm slightly happy that she and I don't work quite the same schedules. Get some alone time at the house... for uh, playing the XBOX, AMIRITE???

We shall see if this subsides in a week. Too bad my schedule sucks ass. Working tonight, tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Friday I get a break but I'm busy all day. House closing at 2PM and meeting with a DJ for the wedding at 530PM. And I want to see Prometheus. ****.
LOL XBOX ALL DAY!

yeah man, that schedule just screams stress for me. Sometimes when I absolutely can sleep and when my lady isnt around to do the deed, Ill have to resort to rubbing one out and then passing out like a baby lol works like a charm!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What time are you taking the OT and alcar?
OT in between my meals, typically breakfast (so ~2:30PM) and dinner (varies if I'm at work, midnight-2AM). Alcar is taken 30 minutes after I eat. I used to take a GDA (narala) as well before my meals but I stopped that because it would have been 3 months straight and I recall Cooper saying it'll turn pro-oxidant if taken for long periods of time.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The b vitamins in OT might keep you up if taken to late. I used to take it 4 hours befor bed and would have trouble falling asleep

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The b vitamins in OT might keep you up if taken to late. I used to take it 4 hours befor bed and would have trouble falling asleep
Hmmm alright I'll have to try switching it up to breakfast/lunch. Gotta love them B vitamins. Turns your piss to gold!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes they do! Also ALCAR might keep you awake is dosed to late.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes they do! Also ALCAR might keep you awake is dosed to late.
I'll switch up the timings and see what happens :)! Thx for the advice.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope it helps! I take 6g melatonin (sublingual) and 50mg Benadryl when working the midnight shift. Knocks
Me out like a baby!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope it helps! I take 6g melatonin (sublingual) and 50mg Benadryl when working the midnight shift. Knocks
Me out like a baby!
A long time ago when I broke up with an old girlfriend of mine I had a helluva a time with it. Mentally I told myself I was OK, but my subconscious had another plan. Couldn't fall asleep EVER, went into zombie/insomnia mode, and as a result I lost a ton of weight. I took some sleep aids back then but just hated that I somehow felt like I "needed" them just to fall asleep. I used to take Nyquil just to knock myself out lol. I'll use melatonin as a last resort.

Also SC, noticed in another post of yours from an older thread you posted a link to Layne Norton's Cutting Diet. Good **** man! I'm gonna tune myself to his advice and try to lose these last 7-8lbs with his help! So unrelated to this thread, thanks!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I going to go out on a limb and guess its stress with what is currently going on in my life, but just to double check I wanted to run my current supplement list by you guys and see if anyone else has experienced the same.

I work nightshift from 7p-7:30a and this typically has me home and in bed by around 8:30a until about 2p on workout days and perhaps 4p or even 5p on non-workout days. Usually I sleep very fell and all throughout the day and I only get up if I have to take a piss but then fall back into bed without a care in the world. I've been off work for about 1.5weeks now and typically try to stay on the nightshift schedule the best I can. The past few nights however I've been having terrible trouble sleeping. Sunday night I went to bed around 2am with the fiance but tossed and turned for an hour. Thinking I was forcing my body to sleep too early I watched some TV on the couch and returned to bed around 3:30a and slept until about 11a. Then on Monday night I figured I needed to sleep slightly earlier again since I had been up since 11a so I tried to go to bed around 2a. I had no trouble falling asleep but I woke up at 6a and could not go back to sleep for the life of me. Then last night pretty much the same thing happened. I went to bed around 1a (had to get up at 7a to meet a guy at my house for repairs) and I woke up at 5a, wide awake, couldn't return to sleep.

I think this is partially because the past few nights I've completely ****ed my sleep schedule up and I'm hoping now that I'm back to work things will go back to normal. I'm also in the middle of closing on my house and I've been running around like crazy trying to move my **** out and clean it and the deadline is Friday.

But...

I also started taking some new supplements about 6 days ago and I'm wondering if there is any relation with sleep loss to the supplements. Here is the list:

Erase Pro (just started)
DCP (just started)
Synthetic Supplements Agmatine (just started)
Orange Triad (just started)
Raspberry Ketones
EC stack (been on this for a month now)
Green Tea Extract
Titanium XL
ALCAR

... and my typical preworkouts which have never effected my sleep before.

Any ideas?

If this was TL;DR, just read the supplement list... lol

I would guess the E/C but your other posts don't seem to say it's so...

Honestly,

It could just be stress. I know I was having issues sleeping due to stress.

Pick up some SNS ZMA+Melatonin at your local store. It helps put my mind to rest at night...

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A long time ago when I broke up with an old girlfriend of mine I had a helluva a time with it. Mentally I told myself I was OK, but my subconscious had another plan. Couldn't fall asleep EVER, went into zombie/insomnia mode, and as a result I lost a ton of weight. I took some sleep aids back then but just hated that I somehow felt like I "needed" them just to fall asleep. I used to take Nyquil just to knock myself out lol. I'll use melatonin as a last resort.

Also SC, noticed in another post of yours from an older thread you posted a link to Layne Norton's Cutting Diet. Good **** man! I'm gonna tune myself to his advice and try to lose these last 7-8lbs with his help! So unrelated to this thread, thanks!
It's a awesome program man! I've been doing it for a few months (having been as dedicated as I'd like since I bought a house last month and been super busy) but I've managed to stay lean and loss weight with limited time in the gym (zero cardio in the last 2 months).

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me out like a baby!
1000mg of valarian root + 50mg benedryl knocks me the F out during the day when working night shift!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn I got all kind of recipes I could try for some good sleep!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Me out like a baby!
Please tell me that melatonin dose is a typo! 500mcg-1mg will do you well. 1mg melatonin + 3-5g GABA are the best I've come across for inducing​ sleep.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please tell me that melatonin dose is a typo! 500mcg-1mg will do you well. 1mg melatonin + 3-5g GABA are the best I've come across for inducing sleep.
I'll check the bottle when I get home.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I can't wait to get off work. I'm already tired as **** and I still have 3 hours to go before I get off. The only thing keeping me going is a bottle of MIO Energy I brought with me. Eyelids feel heavy as hell. I hope I sleep good today!

BigVida

BigVida

Banned
Awards
right on, exact same schedule and situation here! gotta get my games and fising in before my chick gets home so we can spend "quality time"

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
right on, exact same schedule and situation here! gotta get my games and fising in before my chick gets home so we can spend "quality time"
Yeaaa buddy. Haven't fished since I was a kid living at my parents house w/ a pond. I only play BF3 on the 360 now when I get a free moment. And the fiance thinks Skyrim is just straight up retarded.

Well fine bitch I'm not teaching you how to use the controller to watch NETFLIX.

WHATTUP NOW!?

BigVida

BigVida

Banned
Awards
Yeaaa buddy. Haven't fished since I was a kid living at my parents house w/ a pond. I only play BF3 on the 360 now when I get a free moment. And the fiance thinks Skyrim is just straight up retarded.

Well fine bitch I'm not teaching you how to use the controller to watch NETFLIX.

WHATTUP NOW!?
haaaa dude all i play is skyrim, as virginizing as it may be. im on 360 too, used to be on bf3 alot but uhh.....ha....since the patch i dont have enough space on my lame 4 gig hard drive to play anymore! i play nba2k12 alot too.my chicks a netflix pirate, i ****ing hate it. and hulu, which i despise cause its full of **** like glee and alot of other garbage tv shows. just started an orc, have a level 78 breton that i got burned out on. cool deal though, i figured i was the only one with a schedule and habits that are so.....unique lol. u can add me on 360, tag is same as my username on here!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I can't wait to get off work. I'm already tired as **** and I still have 3 hours to go before I get off. The only thing keeping me going is a bottle of MIO Energy I brought with me. Eyelids feel heavy as hell. I hope I sleep good today!
I'm on a stim detox lol midnights sucks without caffeine !!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm on a stim detox lol midnights sucks without caffeine !!
I'll be going on one of those after the honeymoon is over! (Beginning of August)