Second time trying Anabeta + a few extras. All advice and input is appreciated!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Oh snap, I just found 18 caps of pslin that I didn't remember I had. That stuff will come in handy!

  2. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Damn, what a long ass read for 3 pages! But I'm in, very very detailed and I am loving the anabeta logs. You seem to be killing it and I'm definitely thinking about giving anabeta another try, loved my first run of it! I still have the OG anabeta, and after reading this log, I think you've convinced me! Good luck man, and kill it!
  3. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Damn, what a long ass read for 3 pages! But I'm in, very very detailed and I am loving the anabeta logs. You seem to be killing it and I'm definitely thinking about giving anabeta another try, loved my first run of it! I still have the OG anabeta, and after reading this log, I think you've convinced me! Good luck man, and kill it!
    Thanks so much for the encouragement, dude! It helps give me the extra kick in the ass I need to get to the gym if I am feeling lazy (or if there is a typhoon outside, haha). Glad to hear you are following the log, and glad to hear you had great results with AB as well!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Ok gonna try to keep it shorter for today's workout. Had to workout first, then take a three-hour break before bjj to go look for apartments. No luck on the apartments, and bjj went fine, but some details on the lifting:

    -today was my worst day since the AB really started kicking in. I only slept about 4-5 hours on Fri and Sat nights (had business early in the morning on Sat and Sun), and only 7 hours last night. The lack of sleep was kicking my ass all day, but I felt it particularly in the gym. I got through cardio, and it wasn't too bad (thanks to the AB and the maximize V2), but I haven't felt that exhausted all the way through cardio for awhile. I still pushed myself, which is good, but I didn't feel as amped as I should have.

    -same story when lifting. My numbers didn't drop much, but they did drop about 1 rep on most of my back exercises.

    -I have noticed that when taking AB, I seem to get stronger, more focused, and sometimes even more energized as my workouts progress. Today I felt like sh#t when I got into the gym. By the end of the cardio, I felt much better, but still slow. My first sets on the weights felt sluggish too, but I kept feeling better and better as the workout progressed. My last exercises were super sets of upright rows and biceps, and those went great. I even had enough energy by the end to get a few sets of heavy dumbbell shrugs.

    In sum, it was a bad day at the gym, but I still felt a huge difference from the AB.

    Best,
    Tyler
  5. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Thanks so much for the encouragement, dude! It helps give me the extra kick in the ass I need to get to the gym if I am feeling lazy (or if there is a typhoon outside, haha). Glad to hear you are following the log, and glad to hear you had great results with AB as well!
    Ya man, thats why we're here and following! I love following people that are logging because i can see the differences to what they experience and what i experience and if theyre on a bumpy road, then im always trying to guide them in the right direction, with my 2 cents of course! But from what i read you've been kicking ass and im eager to see your results!
  6. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,113
    Answers
    4


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Ya man, thats why we're here and following! I love following people that are logging because i can see the differences to what they experience and what i experience and if theyre on a bumpy road, then im always trying to guide them in the right direction, with my 2 cents of course! But from what i read you've been kicking ass and im eager to see your results!
    Thats the best part of this forum...everyone has each others back
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  7. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Thats the best part of this forum...everyone has each others back
    Yea definitely, im actually thinking about logging my run, but i dont know when ill start it! Looking forward to actually trying the new AB but right now i still have 2 bottles of the original AB, thinking about running 6 pills this time. only thing is the carb cravings were KILLER!
  8. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Hi All,

    Yesterday was a pushing day. I was unable to get to bjj due to the ongoing house hunt, but I made sure to get to the gym. Honestly, I felt like total sh#t in the gym yesterday. I thought it might have been because I reduced the amount of carbs I am eating, but now I am pretty sure that my lack of sleep lately is getting me a bit sick. My throat has been scratchy and I have been feeling run down, so I think I am getting sick. Cardio was a big challenge, but I got through it (I didn't end up upping it to 40 min, though...yet). When doing weights, I felt very tired and run down, and I was starting to feel lightheaded after sets. The incredible thing is that my numbers didn't really suffer. I pushed through it, and managed to still have an impressive workout. On flat dumbbell bench, I even put up 85 pound dumbbells. I know that doesn't sound too impressive, but for me it is. In fact, the only time [either ever, or at least in the past 5 years] that I have put up 85's was three weeks into my last AB run (which I then had to stop, when I thought I damaged an old hernia repair). Except this time I am also trying to cut, whereas I was not doing that during my last run. So, even though I had a sh#tty feeling workout, I am definitely still feeling the effects of the AB. The fat is not melting off, like I had hoped, but I guess that was unrealistic, since I am trying to not lose (or even gain) muscle, while cutting fat. I am still down 2kg so far from the beginning, and my strength is up, so it seems, at least so far, that AB is in fact very useful for recomp. Will update again in a few days. Thanks to everyone who is following and especially those who have posted stuff!

    Best,
    Tyler
  9. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Hey man, I'm glad your pushin your way through the crappy mood/feeling. Just be careful tho! I'm trying to figure out if it's day 5 or 6 of AB, and of it is, I was experiences the lack of motivation and tiredness but what I found out was I increased my carbs a little more and that seemed to help with the mood. Anabeta made me crave the carbs and if I didn't meet my macro for it, I would feel tired and unmotivated. What I took from that is the smartness and wise choices on what kind of carbs I was taking in when I did increase it. I'm glad your still feeling the effects and your numbers aren't dropping. We've all been there man! Just think once you hone in on what's making ya feel this way, it's nothing but up hill! Keep at it man!
  10. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Hey man, I'm glad your pushin your way through the crappy mood/feeling. Just be careful tho! I'm trying to figure out if it's day 5 or 6 of AB, and of it is, I was experiences the lack of motivation and tiredness but what I found out was I increased my carbs a little more and that seemed to help with the mood. Anabeta made me crave the carbs and if I didn't meet my macro for it, I would feel tired and unmotivated. What I took from that is the smartness and wise choices on what kind of carbs I was taking in when I did increase it. I'm glad your still feeling the effects and your numbers aren't dropping. We've all been there man! Just think once you hone in on what's making ya feel this way, it's nothing but up hill! Keep at it man!
    Thanks for the advice, dude! I was wondering about that, too, but I didn't want to eat too many carbs for fear that my weight would stop dropping (it hasn't dropped in the last week, since I let my diet go to hell for a few days and now it is starting to move down again). I am trying to take in a lot of carbs in the mornings now, since carbs at night seem to be what fattens me up. Luckily, I found some Pslin that I forgot about. This morning, I took the Pslin and then doubled the amount of oatmeal I normally eat, so that I ate about 70g of complex carbs (and some sugars from raisins) with two scoops of whey. For lunch, I had a little bit of sweet potato mixed into pumpkin stock with chicken breast and green beans. Now no more carbs for the rest of the day (if I can help it). Not sure about dinner yet, but I am thinking of doing a mixed green salad with chicken breast and a really good dressing I found at Costco here (kind of a soy sauce + citrus + a little vinegar I think), with no fat, and only a few grams of sugar. Skipping the fourth meal today since I am trying to cut and today is not a workout day. All in all, I am thinking that my daily complex carb intake will still be at least 120 grams, with another 50 grams or so of sugars (just guessing, but almost everything has sugars in it from ketchup, to the pumpkin stock, to the salad dressing, so it adds up even if I avoid "sweets"). I will probably try to raise that slightly on workout days, if I am feeling low on energy. Tomorrow I am thinking of waking up to another Pslin + oatmeal breakfast, and then hitting the gym 2 hours after that to see if the Pslin helps me feel more pumped then usual at the gym (I never use Pslin for a PWO meal, since the only time I eat enough carbs to use it is in the morning, so I want to try it). Also since I will be working out earlier tomorrow, I should have time to do a little extra cardio after I am done with weights. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again!

    Best,
    Tyler
  11. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Haha im the exact same way with my carbs. I eat about 80-100g of carbs in the morning since i read somewhere and also my nutrition professor said thats where we're the most sensitive to carbs. Then we become more tolerate as the day goes by. So i have basically have done exactly what you have decided to do, and eat big carbs in morning and taper throughout the day, but i try to get atleast 50-75g immediately post workout, with 25-50g of simple carbs (fruit), and then the other 25g with some sort of protein/fat to slow the absorption. Idk im not an expert on this type of stuff, but thats what my major is, becoming a registered dietian w/ another major in microbiology. Took me like a year and a half to figure out that my body was on the binge for carbs! Just my 2 cents! Hopefully the AB won't treat you as bad as it did with me. I was drooling at ice cream, cookies, candy...etc. lol

    Go kill it in the gym today and hopefully you feel better.
  12. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Haha im the exact same way with my carbs. I eat about 80-100g of carbs in the morning since i read somewhere and also my nutrition professor said thats where we're the most sensitive to carbs. Then we become more tolerate as the day goes by. So i have basically have done exactly what you have decided to do, and eat big carbs in morning and taper throughout the day, but i try to get atleast 50-75g immediately post workout, with 25-50g of simple carbs (fruit), and then the other 25g with some sort of protein/fat to slow the absorption. Idk im not an expert on this type of stuff, but thats what my major is, becoming a registered dietian w/ another major in microbiology. Took me like a year and a half to figure out that my body was on the binge for carbs! Just my 2 cents! Hopefully the AB won't treat you as bad as it did with me. I was drooling at ice cream, cookies, candy...etc. lol

    Go kill it in the gym today and hopefully you feel better.
    Haha, that sounds like how I am even without the Anabeta. My sweet tooth is...rediculous. I honestly don't feel like I have had any unusual cravings on AB, but I get cravings for carbs and sweets whenever I am watching my diet, so I am very happy that they aren't intensified now. BTW I would consider you an expert (or pretty close) if you are studying this as a major right now, so thanks a lot for your input. Most of my dietary techniques are based on trial and error (and google), so it's good to have input from a professional (or soon-to-be professional).

    Best,
    Tyler
  13. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Haha well I appreciate the compliment but I do base my suggestions on what I have done in my experience. I went to a nutritionist about 3 years ago and that's when I started my path on the nutrition/micro. Still in the works but I'm always down to try to help based on MY experience . Anyways I practically started off what you were doing, reading articles, trying certain diets and then that's when I went into nutrition at college and that has definitely broadened my view on nutrition/health. But again, I'm no expert, don't have my degree yet, but I'm always down to help to the best of my ability!
  14. Registered User
    d1sc1ple's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    224
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42

    Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn dude, 7 lbs already? How long have you been running it? Any noticable fat gain/loss just from looks? How would you compare ABE to regular AB? Keep me posted on the 8 pills/day...sounds like it could be INTENSE!
    That was 7lbs in a month but to be fair I quit doing crossfit and two a days so I may have been rebounding from that. Fat mass stayed close to the same might have lost a little but I was eating everything!! Hoping 8 a day puts a few more lb's on me by the end of June.
  15. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by d1sc1ple View Post
    That was 7lbs in a month but to be fair I quit doing crossfit and two a days so I may have been rebounding from that. Fat mass stayed close to the same might have lost a little but I was eating everything!! Hoping 8 a day puts a few more lb's on me by the end of June.
    Nice, please update on the results when your run has finished.
  16. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Well I have had crazy insomnia for the past week, despite being on a huge sleep deficit. I usually go to sleep within 6 hours of taking my preworkout. My remedy for this is a half pill of generic benedryl (same sleep aid as tylenol PM, but much cheaper generic and without extra drugs that I don't need) and a half pill of either alprazolam (xanax) of estazolam (short-acting benzo hypnotic). I take this Monday, Wednesday, and sometimes Sunday (if I need help getting to sleep that night). Recently, I have still been taking up throughout the night an unable to get really good, deep sleep. I thought it was all the extra stress I have been under, but then I read a review of Anabeta that warned not to take the last dose too close to bed time, as it caused insomnia for that user. I have been taking my last dose within an hour of bedtime. Could this be the reason why I can't sleep??? I can't explain how much of an idiot I feel like for not at least thinking about this before now. What do you guys think?

    Nattydisaster, you are probably the man with the most information on peoples reactions to AB, has insomnia been reported if the last dose of the day is close to bedtime?

    Tonight, I can't afford to lose more sleep, so I will pop a full 2 mg pill of estazolam and my last dose of AB will be before Bjj instead of after. If I still can't sleep after that, I have some serious problems! Now I am off to the gym. I took 2 AB and a pslin with my PWO shake (oats whey banana), and despite the fact that I felt like I was about to collapse 90 minutes ago, I am feeling incredibly energized right now (how the f*#k did I never consider did I not make the connection between my late-night AB dosing and my insomnia..."Why can't I sleep at night. What could be going on. I am taking that supplement that gets me amped up right before sleep, but I don't see any possible connection there." ...

    Best,
    Tyler
  17. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    OK guys I am going to try to make this one shorter and just keep to the most important points.

    Yesterday's workout (after the crazy insomnia):

    Despite feeling terrible and a bit sick from the bouts of insomnia, once I was in the gym, I was in the zone. Cardio was slow to get started but by the time it was over, I was set to tear it up. I set two personal bests. Bent over rows: 225 x 2 (just barely missed the third). I was only able to get one after resting for 2 min and trying it again (almost got the second one up, but couldn't get it all the way). Chainsaws 90 x 12 and then 100 x 8. After 2 min of rest, was able to get 100 x 8 a second time, and then end with 90 x 12 a second time. Pulldowns and biceps were also great, but I don't keep close track of my progress with those.

    Today I only had an hour to do cardio and legs. My lower back was a bit sore, so I decided not to do anything that would strain it much. Did squat press and quad extentions. It was an ok workout but I wish I had more time.

    My weight is down to 82.3 KG today, putting me down over 5 lbs so far while setting personal bests on several exercises. Booyah!

    Best,
    Tyler
  18. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Nice, i see AB is starting to kick in! 2 PRs? Congratz man. Keep up the good work!
  19. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Another good workout today, but sadly still no time for bjj with all the moving stuff. On the bright side, our new apartment is killer! Anyway, did a pushing day today. No Personal Bests or anything, but still got a great workout in. Oddly enough I feel like the PWO I am taking is not affecting me as much as it used to. This is only weird because I have taken it 3 times a week for the past year with no tolerance ever, and haven't changed the dosing or anything. Not sure what the deal is with that, but maybe I am just less jittery than I thought I would be. My weight today is 82.5. It's pretty good, since I weighed myself after drinking about a gallon of water today, eating 2 meals, etc. I am hoping to be closer to 82 by Friday. Anyway, still feeling good and going strong. The sleep problem seems to have been solved by taking my last dose earlier.

    Best,
    Tyler
  20. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Another good workout today, but sadly still no time for bjj with all the moving stuff. On the bright side, our new apartment is killer! Anyway, did a pushing day today. No Personal Bests or anything, but still got a great workout in. Oddly enough I feel like the PWO I am taking is not affecting me as much as it used to. This is only weird because I have taken it 3 times a week for the past year with no tolerance ever, and haven't changed the dosing or anything. Not sure what the deal is with that, but maybe I am just less jittery than I thought I would be. My weight today is 82.5. It's pretty good, since I weighed myself after drinking about a gallon of water today, eating 2 meals, etc. I am hoping to be closer to 82 by Friday. Anyway, still feeling good and going strong. The sleep problem seems to have been solved by taking my last dose earlier.

    Best,
    Tyler
    Glad to hear that sleep is being mitigated! haha 3x a week for a year could possibly result in tolerance What PreWO are you taking if you dont mind me asking?

    So far everything seems to be going great for you, im here till the end man!
  21. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Sorry, double post. Bamski, I am taking Maximize V2 (best PWO I have ever tried and I have tried a lot...Never tried the newer version of it, but I have some waiting for me whenever this runs out). Wedding pics tomorrow...hopefully it doesn't rain too much!
    Last edited by tyrub42; 06-26-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: double post
  22. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,091
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Nattydisaster, you are probably the man with the most information on peoples reactions to AB, has insomnia been reported if the last dose of the day is close to bedtime?Tyler
    Never ever heard insomnia reported from Anabeta, perhaps something else is going on.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  23. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42
    Sorry, double post. Bamski, I am taking Maximize V2 (best PWO I have ever tried and I have tried a lot...Never tried the newer version of it, but I have some waiting for me whenever this runs out). Wedding pics tomorrow...hopefully it doesn't rain too much!
    Ahhh, I've wanted to try that preWO, but I do see the DMAA, that could be causing the tolerance especially 3x a week for a year haha, maybe that could be the verdict in the minor insomnia?

    EDIT: do you drink coffee? If so, do you get/feel more energy with coffee than your PreWO? That also could be a sign. It's a sad day when I realize I have minor tolerance
  24. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,113
    Answers
    4


    Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Well I have had crazy insomnia for the past week, despite being on a huge sleep deficit. I usually go to sleep within 6 hours of taking my preworkout. My remedy for this is a half pill of generic benedryl (same sleep aid as tylenol PM, but much cheaper generic and without extra drugs that I don't need) and a half pill of either alprazolam (xanax) of estazolam (short-acting benzo hypnotic). I take this Monday, Wednesday, and sometimes Sunday (if I need help getting to sleep that night). Recently, I have still been taking up throughout the night an unable to get really good, deep sleep. I thought it was all the extra stress I have been under, but then I read a review of Anabeta that warned not to take the last dose too close to bed time, as it caused insomnia for that user. I have been taking my last dose within an hour of bedtime. Could this be the reason why I can't sleep??? I can't explain how much of an idiot I feel like for not at least thinking about this before now. What do you guys think?

    Nattydisaster, you are probably the man with the most information on peoples reactions to AB, has insomnia been reported if the last dose of the day is close to bedtime?

    Tonight, I can't afford to lose more sleep, so I will pop a full 2 mg pill of estazolam and my last dose of AB will be before Bjj instead of after. If I still can't sleep after that, I have some serious problems! Now I am off to the gym. I took 2 AB and a pslin with my PWO shake (oats whey banana), and despite the fact that I felt like I was about to collapse 90 minutes ago, I am feeling incredibly energized right now (how the f*#k did I never consider did I not make the connection between my late-night AB dosing and my insomnia..."Why can't I sleep at night. What could be going on. I am taking that supplement that gets me amped up right before sleep, but I don't see any possible connection there." ...

    Best,
    Tyler
    I havent heard any reports...try taking it not as close to bed time
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  25. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I havent heard any reports...try taking it not as close to bed time
    Taking the last dose further from bedtime solved the problem. Could have been coincidence, but I am just happy to be able to sleep again
  26. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    Never ever heard insomnia reported from Anabeta, perhaps something else is going on.
    Yeah I only saw it from one review, but I figured it was worth a try to keep the last dose further from bedtime. It could have been a synergy of the AB with something in my PWO, or just a coincidence, but dosing further from bedtime did allow me to sleep well again.
  27. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Ahhh, I've wanted to try that preWO, but I do see the DMAA, that could be causing the tolerance especially 3x a week for a year haha, maybe that could be the verdict in the minor insomnia?

    EDIT: do you drink coffee? If so, do you get/feel more energy with coffee than your PreWO? That also could be a sign. It's a sad day when I realize I have minor tolerance
    Yeah it is a good one. If they still have any left where you buy supps (I use Nutraplanet), I would recommend trying it before DMAA is gone forever (unless you don't like DMAA, in which case don't try it haha).

    I don't drink coffee or take in any stims except a fraction of a dose of the Maximize, so I can't say whether the effect is stronger. I actually was using some sample packets that I got with a NP order for almost a year before cracking the tub I bought, since one sample packet lasted me like 6 or 8 workouts. Now that I think about it, I usually take a week off every few weeks, so maybe it is just a bit of a tolerance.

    I don't think that is the cause of the insomnia, though, because it has never caused it before, but it could have been a combo of that and the AB or something else. There is no way to tell, but I can sleep again, which is the most important thing.
  28. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Well, wedding pics are finished. It took about 14 hours from the time we left home today to the time we got back, and i spent the hottest hours of the day in a tuxedo in the sun (95 degrees today), but I am sure they will look great, as my fiancee could make pretty much any pic look good (even if I am in there, gooning it up!).

    I couldn't get to the gym today, or course, and will be spending tomorrow doing the same thing I did yesterday: moving furniture into my new house and packing...so I might not get to the gym again befor my AB runs out on Friday. Either way, I am down to about 82KG (possibly less), my lifts are all up, I feel great, even being this worn down, and I took some before/after pics (terrible lighting, but you can still see a difference). I will write up a formal final review and post those pics (as long as it is easy enough to do) around Friday. Time for some sleep; I earned it! Goodnight everybody!

    Best,
    Tyler
  29. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42

    Yeah it is a good one. If they still have any left where you buy supps (I use Nutraplanet), I would recommend trying it before DMAA is gone forever (unless you don't like DMAA, in which case don't try it haha).

    I don't drink coffee or take in any stims except a fraction of a dose of the Maximize, so I can't say whether the effect is stronger. I actually was using some sample packets that I got with a NP order for almost a year before cracking the tub I bought, since one sample packet lasted me like 6 or 8 workouts. Now that I think about it, I usually take a week off every few weeks, so maybe it is just a bit of a tolerance.

    I don't think that is the cause of the insomnia, though, because it has never caused it before, but it could have been a combo of that and the AB or something else. There is no way to tell, but I can sleep again, which is the most important thing.
    Oh well now that you made it clear definitely not haha, but seems like you handled it with the PES reps!
  30. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Dude, I gotta ask what exactly is in your av. Some kind of pesto ricotta pizza? I don't even know for sure what it is and it makes me hungry whenever I see it!
  31. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Haha damn, you know your food pesto/basil (around in a circle), enriched organic wheat flour, organic tomato sauce, with mozzarella (low fat), and nah it's burrata ( mozzarella and cream). Super good and actually filling, sorta low cal depending on what type of ingredient you use.
  32. Registered User
    BPjohn123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,951
    Answers
    0


    Mmm pizza
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  33. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Yessir!! Delicious people need to eat more food! So I have some pizza in my avi
  34. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Yessir!! Delicious people need to eat more food! So I have some pizza in my avi
    Well, now that you changed your av, that conversation makes us look like crazy people, haha
  35. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    OK I have moved into my new place and I am ready to do my final review of this Anabeta run:

    First of all, as you could all see, I was able to drop 3 kgs in 4 weeks. This would not normally be anything to write home about, but I managed to drop that much weight while setting personal bests on several different exercises, as well as going up at least 10-15% on every exercise, compared to what I was doing before I started the AB run. I had doubts at the beginning as to whether or not AB could be used successfully for recomp, but obviously it can. Some other highlights:

    -I felt the AB kick in quickly. Within a day or two, I was feeling stronger, and by the end of the first week, I felt it in full force.
    -I kept feeling it strongly for the full run.
    -I was able to eat more carbs than I normally would while losing weight. It seems like AB has great nutrient repartitioning qualities.
    -I felt much more aggressive than usual.
    -No real increased hunger for me, or at least no unusual cravings for junk food while I was dieting. I did feel hungry, but I am always hungry anyway, so I was thankful that I wasn't craving food (especially sweets) 24/7
    -Extremely noticeable increase in muscle definition and vascularity, especially in my arms and back.
    -I think my arms actually got bigger (not just more cut) even though I was losing weight. My back also feels and looks bigger and thicker than it did at the beginning of the AB run.
    -If I took two AB before I lifted, I felt like an Animal when I got to the gym. Adding Pslin to this mix intensified it even more!

    Now for anything that was negative, or at least worth noting:

    -My sleep was disrupted if I took my last AB dose close to bedtime. It is worth noting that this is apparently not a common side effect of AB. I was also taking several other supplements, including a PWO with a lot of stims in it. That never caused the same kind of sleep disruption, but there could have been a synergistic effect. Either way, I would advise everyone to pay attention to their sleep quality and dose AB further from bedtime if they feel that sleep is affected.
    -I had a bit of acne on my back, but it also got much hotter in a very humid country while I was taking the AB, so this might not have been anything to do with the AB.
    -As many people have noted, you need to get enough carbs while taking AB. If you don't, you may start to feel a bit woozy and irritable, which is what happens to me. You don't need carbs with every pill, but if you go too long without eating any, you may start to feel like that. On the plus side, it seems like carbs really help you feel the effects of AB, and the AB seems to have nutrient repartitioning qualities (at least in me) so you can take in more carbs without getting fat (within reason).

    Overall, I was VERY happy with AB's usefulness for recomp, and would recommend it to everyone. Some ideas that I would love to try for the future include:

    -Running 2 bottles at 6 caps/day
    -Trying AB elite
    -Running AB with a full 30 pill run of pslin ( I found the few pills I had left halfway through and didn't take it every day), as the synergy there was awesome.

    I have some before/after pictures taken in reeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad lighting. I will post them later on tonight when my fiancee gets back with her cell phone (yeah...they are bad lighting pics from a cell phone...sorry).

    Best,
    Tyler
  36. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    OK I have moved into my new place and I am ready to do my final review of this Anabeta run:

    First of all, as you could all see, I was able to drop 3 kgs in 4 weeks. This would not normally be anything to write home about, but I managed to drop that much weight while setting personal bests on several different exercises, as well as going up at least 10-15% on every exercise, compared to what I was doing before I started the AB run. I had doubts at the beginning as to whether or not AB could be used successfully for recomp, but obviously it can. Some other highlights:

    -I felt the AB kick in quickly. Within a day or two, I was feeling stronger, and by the end of the first week, I felt it in full force.
    -I kept feeling it strongly for the full run.
    -I was able to eat more carbs than I normally would while losing weight. It seems like AB has great nutrient repartitioning qualities.
    -I felt much more aggressive than usual.
    -No real increased hunger for me, or at least no unusual cravings for junk food while I was dieting. I did feel hungry, but I am always hungry anyway, so I was thankful that I wasn't craving food (especially sweets) 24/7
    -Extremely noticeable increase in muscle definition and vascularity, especially in my arms and back.
    -I think my arms actually got bigger (not just more cut) even though I was losing weight. My back also feels and looks bigger and thicker than it did at the beginning of the AB run.
    -If I took two AB before I lifted, I felt like an Animal when I got to the gym. Adding Pslin to this mix intensified it even more!

    Now for anything that was negative, or at least worth noting:

    -My sleep was disrupted if I took my last AB dose close to bedtime. It is worth noting that this is apparently not a common side effect of AB. I was also taking several other supplements, including a PWO with a lot of stims in it. That never caused the same kind of sleep disruption, but there could have been a synergistic effect. Either way, I would advise everyone to pay attention to their sleep quality and dose AB further from bedtime if they feel that sleep is affected.
    -I had a bit of acne on my back, but it also got much hotter in a very humid country while I was taking the AB, so this might not have been anything to do with the AB.
    -As many people have noted, you need to get enough carbs while taking AB. If you don't, you may start to feel a bit woozy and irritable, which is what happens to me. You don't need carbs with every pill, but if you go too long without eating any, you may start to feel like that. On the plus side, it seems like carbs really help you feel the effects of AB, and the AB seems to have nutrient repartitioning qualities (at least in me) so you can take in more carbs without getting fat (within reason).

    Overall, I was VERY happy with AB's usefulness for recomp, and would recommend it to everyone. Some ideas that I would love to try for the future include:

    -Running 2 bottles at 6 caps/day
    -Trying AB elite
    -Running AB with a full 30 pill run of pslin ( I found the few pills I had left halfway through and didn't take it every day), as the synergy there was awesome.

    I have some before/after pictures taken in reeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad lighting. I will post them later on tonight when my fiancee gets back with her cell phone (yeah...they are bad lighting pics from a cell phone...sorry).

    Best,
    Tyler
    Nice review man, im happy that you got the results that you were looking for. Especially during the last week with wedding/moving. If your thinking about running that stack or trying ABE, should definitely give erase or erase pro stacked with it! I've done both solo and still had my expectations met or even exceeded.

    Note: if you liked the original version of anabeta or still want to stay away from an AI, theres a pretty sweet sale going on at NP for the original anabeta, super cheap... well, compared to what i payed for when it first came out

    Lets see those before/after pictures!

    Note: NOT a rep, just helping out a fellow gym/AM member, gotta save that cash moneyy.
  37. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,091
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Nice review man, im happy that you got the results that you were looking for. Especially during the last week with wedding/moving. If your thinking about running that stack or trying ABE, should definitely give erase or erase pro stacked with it! I've done both solo and still had my expectations met or even exceeded.

    Note: if you liked the original version of anabeta or still want to stay away from an AI, theres a pretty sweet sale going on at NP for the original anabeta, super cheap... well, compared to what i payed for when it first came out

    Lets see those before/after pictures!

    Note: NOT a rep, just helping out a fellow gym/AM member, gotta save that cash moneyy.
    The sale was created with you in mind!!
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  38. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy

    The sale was created with you in mind!!
    Awww, shucks don't make me blush! But with all the anabeta logs going around, makes me want to log me the other OG bottle I bought way back in the day, when it first came out. But that sale made me happy inside! Thinking about running 6 but at 4, the hunger was the only side effect haha
  39. Registered User
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Answers
    0


    OK I just tried to post the pics, but they are too big and are "unable to be resized" so I will have to do so manually. Does anyone know how to do that?
  40. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,091
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    OK I just tried to post the pics, but they are too big and are "unable to be resized" so I will have to do so manually. Does anyone know how to do that?
    Upload to tiny pic and put the link into the image button on the box in the forum
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 458
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 03:45 PM
  2. First Cycle - Input appreciated!
    By Harry Seaward in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 01:12 PM
  3. new cycle...input appreciated
    By JTwitch in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 10:40 PM
  4. Need advice on cycle extras!
    By stuckinatent in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 09:40 AM
  5. Possible first cycle, input appreciated
    By brogers in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in