BEST GDA for sporadic binges on junk simple carbs

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL

Not looking for "daily support".

What's the best supp to take to negate SOME of the LARD-causing effects of my 10-candy bar binges? (Im a low carb guy)

Perhaps supps like TTA or Sesamin migth be wise fior THESE type carb binges in addition to (on in place of) the traditional ones due to acute PPAR attributes?

Also, I typically binge at night/dinner so I am not looking for somethign that will asssit in converting trhesde to immediate bounce-off-the-walls energy subtstrates :p

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, I've tried it all.. dont think it makes much of a difference. I binge on candy.. ALOT to the point my teeth hurts or tongue lol. I think your body can only absorb so much sugar.. I wouldn't bother.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I would say...a combo of Agmatine + Berberine , so Recompadrol

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL

Not looking for "daily support".

What's the best supp to take to negate SOME of the LARD-causing effects of my 10-candy bar binges? (Im a low carb guy)

Perhaps supps like TTA or Sesamin migth be wise fior THESE type carb binges in addition to (on in place of) the traditional ones due to acute PPAR attributes?

Also, I typically binge at night/dinner so I am not looking for somethign that will asssit in converting trhesde to immediate bounce-off-the-walls energy subtstrates :p
Only 10 bars, LOL? Recompadrol is the best product in that category available, IMO.

~Rosie~

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Only 10 bars, LOL? Recompadrol is the best product in that category available, IMO.

~Rosie~
If you don't listen to a noob like me bro , take it from Rosie , actually I picked up on Recompadrol thanks to reading her log and all the reads on Berberine I did , its a magical product IMO. Quoting many here "It sets the bar for Nutrient Partitioners"

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
+1 for recompadrol

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanx for the kind words.

I ersonally take 3 recompadrol 3 aav2 and 1 b complex. And awesome

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanx for the kind words.

I ersonally take 3 recompadrol 3 aav2 and 1 b complex. And awesome
That sounds like a combo ideal to go for some whattaburger without regrets once in a while...or heck a whole f*ucking pizza if u are bulking!

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
10-20 mg vanadyl sulfate

With 200-400mg chromium polynicotate.

this will keep you very dry.

I've never tried recompadrol but the ingredients look very promising.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
10-20 mg vanadyl sulfate

I've heard a LOT about that compound...and have been wondering if it works more like a GDA or a Carb Blocker paired up with Vanadyl Sulfate...

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I've heard a LOT about that compound...and have been wondering if it works more like a GDA or a Carb Blocker paired up with Vanadyl Sulfate...
Chromium polynicotate is the non toxic form of chromium. The other chromiums are obsolete and even dangerous at high dosages I believe.

It will keep blood sugar low, as well as help insulin function properly.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chromium reminds me of the hype 6-7 years ago regarding blood sugar control.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Was going to mention the toxicity warnings, but you beat me to it!

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Chromium reminds me of the hype 6-7 years ago regarding blood sugar control.
Hype? Maybe you're thinking of chromium picolinate. Much different from polynicotate. No hype with polynicotate. Very effective especially for overall health.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hype? Maybe you're thinking of chromium picolinate. Much different from polynicotate. No hype with polynicotate. Very effective especially for overall health.
Yeah, back then there were all these different chromium formulations on the market and a lot of customer confusion.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
10-20 mg vanadyl sulfate

Both bunk in healthy individuals, but at least the NBC has other health benefits.

I'd opt for white kidney bean, gynmema, berberine, and Na-R-ALA.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Both bunk in healthy individuals, but at least the NBC has other health benefits.

Interesting...I'm planning to use Bulk Na-R-Ala and Recompadrol for lean bulking...but I think it will be better to use SSv2+Recompadrol

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting...I'm planning to use Bulk Na-R-Ala and Recompadrol for lean bulking...but I think it will be better to use SSv2+Recompadrol
That stack would trump all.

Had biotin and a few others in original recompadrol. Ssv2 and recompadrol will be amazing

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
That stack would trump all.

Had biotin and a few others in original recompadrol. Ssv2 and recompadrol will be amazing
Thats the reason I'm selling a kidney in the underground market you know? So I can stock on both for a year round personal supply :p.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Recompadrol is def good.
I won't say SLINshot is the best Whacked but take a look @ it; Def not the worst. ;)

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established

While I always respect your opinion, I have to disagree with you here. You are right, all the studies say not effective in healthy individuals.

However I've run weeks worth of glucometer tests using both VS and chromium poly, and noticed AMAZING results in glucose disposal. Even without the glucometer I can tell they are effective by my body composition. They leave me completely dry by the end the day even using high gi carbs, where usually I would end up looking like the marshmallow man without them.

Do the tests, you've got nothing to lose. Very cost effective as well.

alecks

Awards
If you don't listen to a noob like me bro , take it from Rosie , actually I picked up on Recompadrol thanks to reading her log and all the reads on Berberine I did , its a magical product IMO. Quoting many here "It sets the bar for Nutrient Partitioners"
dude can you link me to the berberine studies/info you read in regards to glucose disposal etc.i made a thread about using berberine on epic cheat days but it went south lol.im using it at the moment when dieting

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
dude can you link me to the berberine studies/info you read in regards to glucose disposal etc.i made a thread about using berberine on epic cheat days but it went south lol.im using it at the moment when dieting
Bro they are a google away xD! Or check the Recompadrol thread , there's a lot of studies on berberine yo haha and I don't save them all in my computer or have em close at hand hahaha

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I've tried it all.. dont think it makes much of a difference. I binge on candy.. ALOT to the point my teeth hurts or tongue lol. I think your body can only absorb so much sugar.. I wouldn't bother.
I bet you sleep like a damn baby after as well haha!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I bet you sleep like a damn baby after as well haha!
I had a tiny 300 extra kCal cheat meal last night (clean carbs anyway) and I slept like a motherf*cking toddler bro haha , sometimes its good to pamper the body :'3!!!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
While I always respect your opinion, I have to disagree with you here. You are right, all the studies say not effective in healthy individuals.

However I've run weeks worth of glucometer tests using both VS and chromium poly, and noticed AMAZING results in glucose disposal. Even without the glucometer I can tell they are effective by my body composition. They leave me completely dry by the end the day even using high gi carbs, where usually I would end up looking like the marshmallow man without them.

Do the tests, you've got nothing to lose. Very cost effective as well.
The problem with n=1 testing is this. I have a couple friends over on BB.com who use glucometer testing for every ingredient under the sun, and they noticed next to nothing with the two ingredients in question. The studies show benefit in type 2 diabetics but none in healthy populations. You personally may respond well to them, but there may be confounding factors (i.e. how is your insulin sensitivity overall?). Interestingly enough, based on some n=1 glucometer testing over on BB.com, pterostilbene was the strongest GDA tested.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
The problem with n=1 testing is this. I have a couple friends over on BB.com who use glucometer testing for every ingredient under the sun, and they noticed next to nothing with the two ingredients in question. The studies show benefit in type 2 diabetics but none in healthy populations. You personally may respond well to them, but there may be confounding factors (i.e. how is your insulin sensitivity overall?). Interestingly enough, based on some n=1 glucometer testing over on BB.com, pterostilbene was the strongest GDA tested.
There there Coop, the nightmare is over and you are not in bb.com anymore...You don't have to go through that again , you are here in a safe environment where you are loved and respected, let it go buddy no need to remember that horrible past.

RawStrength

RawStrength

Awards
Hey coop,

What would be the best ingredient (berberine, banaba, vandyl sulfate, ALA, gymnea, etc) for keeping blood sugar level while eating higher GI carbs?

I eat white rice and red potatoes as my stachy carbs (cant stand brown rice or plain oatmeal) so what can I take to prevent my blood sugar from spiking?

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Whacked, have you thought about carb cycling. I am a low carb guy myself, however about a year ago I switched to carb cycling and it has really kept my cravings in check, not to mention the other benefits.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm curious how people feel about high GI vs. Low GI because most people feel different based on the type of carbs they eat. Ultimately I think it would only be an issue if you were diabetic or had a lethargic feeing after a certain type of carb.

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised no ones mentioned Cinnamon?! take Agmatine + Cinnamon + NARALA = WIN

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm surprised no ones mentioned Cinnamon?! take Agmatine + Cinnamon + NARALA = WIN
Data on cinnamon is mixed, so people largely have mixed feelings about it. I personally can feel it, I've ingested 1.5-2g on a low carb day and went hypoglycemic pretty quickly.

That being said i like Agmatine, and something like anabolic Pump. The two together work pretty great in my experience.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I agree n=1 testing is not usually the best way to determine the effectiveness of a substance. In my testing I was very precise and meticulous.
I tested 7 days using VS/CP, 6 meals per day. And 7 days without VS/CP, all the same meals and exact times.

Took 6 tests surrounding meal..
1) 5 Minutes prior to dosing VS/CP
2) 5 Minutes after dosing VS/CP (immediately before meal)
3) Immediately after meal
4) 15 Minutes after meal (Time in which Blood Glucose usually would peak)
5) 30 Minutes after meal
6) 1 hour after meal

I even noticed my blood glucose upon rising was around 65 mg/dL mid week into VS/CP use.
During the week not using VS/CP, my blood glucose upon rising was around 75 mg/dL, still very good.

I believe I am insulin sensitive, which did not seems to be the case for subjects in all the studies I've seen.

All week using VS/CP I noticed significantly lower blood glucose levels. For example, upon rising I would eat 5.2 oz Baked Potato with 50g Whey Protein and my blood glucose would move from 77 mg/dL to 110 mg/dL. When using VS/CP immediately before this same meal at the same time of day I would see my blood glucose rise from 77mg/dL to 95mg/dL. Both measurements recorded at 15 minutes PP.

I also noticed during all days of the week in which I used VS/CP, that I would look significantly drier towards the end of the day, even after consuming the majority of my carbs high glycemic. While during the week in which I did not use VS/CP I was much more watery and soft. No joke!

Now I'm not saying these are the be all end all for GDA's. As I have not tested many others. But I find these work VERY well.
I'm thinking of maybe doing very detailed tests on N-R-ALA, as well as berberine, banaba, etc. Maybe even log them all on here.

I also have great success with Anabolic Pump. It definitely keeps my muscles more pumped and full, than VS/CP.

I admit, it's very hard to argue with clinical studies. But I have found great success with VS/CP for myself.

There is a great thread stickied over at MD.com forums. It's long but I suggest you guys check it out. I don't agree with everything in it, but a lot of people on there also saw great success in keeping blood sugar low with VS/CP use.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol on a sane day

Everyone. Thanks for the replies;)

~Rosie~

trenbologna

Awards
Another big thumbs up for recompadrol. You can add 100-300mg R-LA to the mix and be golden.

RawStrength

RawStrength

Awards
Hey coop,

What would be the best ingredient (berberine, banaba, vandyl sulfate, ALA, gymnea, etc) for keeping blood sugar level while eating higher GI carbs?

I eat white rice and red potatoes as my stachy carbs (cant stand brown rice or plain oatmeal) so what can I take to prevent my blood sugar from spiking?
Bump

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Biter melon extract has kept my glucose levels very steady when they shouldn't have been. Another to add!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im still confused on why most companies dont add this into their gda's.
Which?

Butter melon was in original formula with ala n biotin.

I didn't like the bitter melon to much

Looked into the other. Have to re look at price

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
What about Raspberry Ketones to prevent fat storage? I've RK before a heavy candy meal and put on no fat over the course of a week. I was on a week long class-room based training course and munching chocolate sweets throughout the day.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really? Maybe in the name of science, you need to try this for a month straight and post results as I'd rather u get fat than me :D
That's be sweet though.

What about Raspberry Ketones to prevent fat storage? I've RK before a heavy candy meal and put on no fat over the course of a week. I was on a week long class-room based training course and munching chocolate sweets throughout the day.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright guys!

Recompadrol is BACK!!!!!

In the EBF Store for now only. We will be shipping to retailers in the next few days

UK shipment will go out tomorrow or wednesday to the retailer.

For all CANADA and UK residents, if your interested PLEASE EMAIL me. This way we can work something out for you!

For a LIMITED TIME there will be a BUY 3 get 1 FREE.

Maintain your lean for the summer with the Buy 3 Get 1 Free deal!!!! (this will not show up in cart, it will be sent automatically)

Thanks for your continued support everyone!