Berberine as a GDA question

alecks

Awards
whats up ive looked for threads on this board about berberine etc but not much has come up - it has been mentioned in various gda threads but not much detail.from what ive gathered is that it clears glucose out of the blood etc etc. - also slightly lowers protein synthesis through its pathway but im not really worried about that.

okay the thing is that im dieting but currently skiploading (high gi day once a week - i can get up to 1000g carbs lol)...but the point of the skipload is to take advantage of the insulin spike from the really high gi carbs so they can be assimilated into glycogen. but if berberine actually lowers my blood glucose will the spikes be as effective?.how does berberine actually dispose of all that glucose?/its mechanisms etc.I know there are tonnes of gda threads like this and they are so interesting thats why i asked. The supp i have is called glycoX with 500mg berberine a cap but also 24mg banaba leaf.ive taken it on an empty stomach fasted pre cardio and felt slightly "weaker" if you will (never went hypo before even on really low carbs). yeah so would it be beneficial to use it on my carb up days? i asked skip hill on intense muscle but hes usually really busy so i havtn got a reply yet - and also this forum is quite scientific and straightforward with answers.Thanks

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
whats up ive looked for threads on this board about berberine etc but not much has come up - it has been mentioned in various gda threads but not much detail.from what ive gathered is that it clears glucose out of the blood etc etc. - also slightly lowers protein synthesis through its pathway but im not really worried about that.

okay the thing is that im dieting but currently skiploading (high gi day once a week - i can get up to 1000g carbs lol)...but the point of the skipload is to take advantage of the insulin spike from the really high gi carbs so they can be assimilated into glycogen. but if berberine actually lowers my blood glucose will the spikes be as effective?.how does berberine actually dispose of all that glucose?/its mechanisms etc.I know there are tonnes of gda threads like this and they are so interesting thats why i asked. The supp i have is called glycoX with 500mg berberine a cap but also 24mg banaba leaf.ive taken it on an empty stomach fasted pre cardio and felt slightly "weaker" if you will (never went hypo before even on really low carbs). yeah so would it be beneficial to use it on my carb up days? i asked skip hill on intense muscle but hes usually really busy so i havtn got a reply yet - and also this forum is quite scientific and straightforward with answers.Thanks
If you eat enough the berberine will affect the amount of weight gain in adipose tissue by spillover. Represses adipogenesis. You can take it with all meals.