dosing for plcar, alcar and lclt

  1. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    2436767
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    24.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    dosing for plcar, alcar and lclt


    whats the best way to dose these plcar, alcar, lclt. can they be stacked?

  2. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Yes they can , I highly recommend it actually. 1g of each first thing in the morning and .5g of each post workout if you train in the morning. If not , I have seen people dose .5grams in the AM upon rising , .5g pre and .5g post workout. Both set ups are fine IMO. I preffer the 1g approach since they are part of my P.W.O. c0cktail and I like the focus they give me and all the added benefits they present.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    2436767
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    24.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Yes they can , I highly recommend it actually. 1g of each first thing in the morning and .5g of each post workout if you train in the morning. If not , I have seen people dose .5grams in the AM upon rising , .5g pre and .5g post workout. Both set ups are fine IMO. I preffer the 1g approach since they are part of my P.W.O. c0cktail and I like the focus they give me and all the added benefits they present.
    i think ill probably go with the 1gr pre .5 post i workout in the morning right before work (i work at a gym) and am looking to put something together for my pre workout that will help throughout the day as well
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Good P.w.o. formula IMO:

    -1g ALCAR
    -1g PLCAR
    -1g LCLT
    -1g Agmatine
    -3.2g Beta-Alanine
    -10g BCAA
    -around 5-10g Citruilline Mallate
    -5g Creatine Mono
    Make that c0cktail for pre and for post:
    -.5g ALCAR
    -.5g PLCAR
    -.5g LCLT
    -3.2g Beta-Alanine
    -10g BCAA
    -5g Creatine Mono

    It works wonders for me , specially when on a stim break! All bought in bulk and it lasts A LONG TIME. Sick pumps , sweet focus , and it gets better if you train fasted like I do.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    2436767
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    24.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    ya i need a break from stims big time although i just stocked up on them with the np 1,3 sale. still have nt tried agmatine but looking to get some soon. my pre is similar creapure, beta alanine, bcaas. for post im doing loke 50 grms protein, 25 dextrose, 10 bcaas, 5 creapure, 3.2 beta alanine.
  6. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Pretty similar , adding the carnitines will help a lot trust me. As for the post workout shake and sugars...I like Lean Gains (Intermittent Fasting) better , bought into the science of p.w.o. shakes and sugar for a long time but I guess my body responds so much better to Lean Gains now
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  7. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    2436767
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    24.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Pretty similar , adding the carnitines will help a lot trust me. As for the post workout shake and sugars...I like Lean Gains (Intermittent Fasting) better , bought into the science of p.w.o. shakes and sugar for a long time but I guess my body responds so much better to Lean Gains now
    ive been looking into the IF protocol alot. im a huge baby when it comes food i need to eat constantly or i get pretty grumpy irritable. My body handles carbs/sugars pretty well tho
  8. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    ive been looking into the IF protocol alot. im a huge baby when it comes food i need to eat constantly or i get pretty grumpy irritable. My body handles carbs/sugars pretty well tho
    Yeah apparently mine does too , but meh , I dont mind the fast at all , and eating every 2.5 hours its kinda annoying haha
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  9. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    2436767
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    24.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Yeah apparently mine does too , but meh , I dont mind the fast at all , and eating every 2.5 hours its kinda annoying haha
    haha your right i guess it is i bring 4 tupperwares of food to work with me. i spend most of my day eating food prepping food or doin dishes
  10. Senior Member
    csa2179's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,935
    Rep Power
    234813
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    55.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Good P.w.o. formula IMO:

    -1g ALCAR
    -1g PLCAR
    -1g LCLT
    -1g Agmatine
    -3.2g Beta-Alanine
    -10g BCAA
    -around 5-10g Citruilline Mallate
    -5g Creatine Mono
    Make that c0cktail for pre and for post:
    -.5g ALCAR
    -.5g PLCAR
    -.5g LCLT
    -3.2g Beta-Alanine
    -10g BCAA
    -5g Creatine Mono

    It works wonders for me , specially when on a stim break! All bought in bulk and it lasts A LONG TIME. Sick pumps , sweet focus , and it gets better if you train fasted like I do.
    So is this really noticeable, I never get anything out of prework outs. Except Redline, and that's just because of all the caffeine. If this is really worth it I'll buy but I don't want to waste money just chasing nothing. Water with protein/carbs, is the only thing I use now cuz I'm tired of nothing working.
    Christopher
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/239904-csa2179s-hulk-mirror.html#post4289751
  11. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    haha your right i guess it is i bring 4 tupperwares of food to work with me. i spend most of my day eating food prepping food or doin dishes
    That used to be me haha , 2 shaker bottles with my stuff inside , and 4 full tupperwares xD
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  12. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    So is this really noticeable, I never get anything out of prework outs. Except Redline, and that's just because of all the caffeine. If this is really worth it I'll buy but I don't want to waste money just chasing nothing. Water with protein/carbs, is the only thing I use now cuz I'm tired of nothing working.
    Most of the people I know (That actually know what they are doing) have told me this is an awesome stack , and effects get better with prolonged time of usage. If you check the formula for the best preworkouts (not the pure caffeine or just stims) , they all have almost all of this ingredients , they are key to a good performance and enhaced recovery , at least for me they are. I do feel them and like them a lot.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  13. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    2436767
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    24.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    That used to be me haha , 2 shaker bottles with my stuff inside , and 4 full tupperwares xD
    haha 4 tupperwares full of the same 4 things or very similar everyday. i barely even look at food as food i see it as fuel/macros
  14. Advanced Member
    UncleWade's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    250374
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    77.05%

    I personally have used a gram of each preworkout and found myself enjoying my workouts immensely.

    SNS ALCAR and PLCAR are high quality options that are available at unbeatable prices, and are capped for convenience.

    ALCAR at two, 1g doses per day is fantastic for cognitive benefits (improved memory formation and retention, enhanced mental acuity - with both short- and long-term effects being noticeable).

    PLCAR, in addition to its purported ergogenic and fat-loss benefits, also has general health benefits including improved cardiac function. I use 1-1.5g per day when I have it on hand, and usually run it consistently alongside SNS TTA-500 for awesome non-stimulant fat loss.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

    iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  15. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    haha 4 tupperwares full of the same 4 things or very similar everyday. i barely even look at food as food i see it as fuel/macros
    Same here , when I;m cutting strictly I look at it like that , cardio twice a day , and my my split becomes a 5 day split hahaha and every day cardio. Food becomes my best frienemy , its just fuel , but I see no pleasure in meeting with it every 2.5 hours xD
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  16. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    I personally have used a gram of each preworkout and found myself enjoying my workouts immensely.

    SNS ALCAR and PLCAR are high quality options that are available at unbeatable prices, and are capped for convenience.

    ALCAR at two, 1g doses per day is fantastic for cognitive benefits (improved memory formation and retention, enhanced mental acuity - with both short- and long-term effects being noticeable).

    PLCAR, in addition to its purported ergogenic and fat-loss benefits, also has general health benefits including improved cardiac function. I use 1-1.5g per day when I have it on hand, and usually run it consistently alongside SNS TTA-500 for awesome non-stimulant fat loss.
    Also...What he said!! This is good advice and I do know its true for I have felt it myself!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  17. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    2436767
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    24.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    I personally have used a gram of each preworkout and found myself enjoying my workouts immensely.

    SNS ALCAR and PLCAR are high quality options that are available at unbeatable prices, and are capped for convenience.

    ALCAR at two, 1g doses per day is fantastic for cognitive benefits (improved memory formation and retention, enhanced mental acuity - with both short- and long-term effects being noticeable).

    PLCAR, in addition to its purported ergogenic and fat-loss benefits, also has general health benefits including improved cardiac function. I use 1-1.5g per day when I have it on hand, and usually run it consistently alongside SNS TTA-500 for awesome non-stimulant fat loss.
    I went with the sns plcar and alcar but bought bulk lclt. I wanted to give this a try while taking a break from stims.
  18. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    2436767
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    24.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Same here , when I;m cutting strictly I look at it like that , cardio twice a day , and my my split becomes a 5 day split hahaha and every day cardio. Food becomes my best frienemy , its just fuel , but I see no pleasure in meeting with it every 2.5 hours xD
    i may give the IF thing a try later on and after i learn some more about it. Right now im pretty comfortable with my diet and making good gains so im not gonna change it until I stop improving.
  19. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,541
    Rep Power
    558950
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    48.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Where does GlycoCarn fit in here

    Ive been on ALCAR for years but ready to try PLCAR (unless Im supposed to b trying GlycoCarn?) LOL

    Which one heklps woith receptors? No clue why but Im interchanging these for some reason. Brain fart.



    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    I personally have used a gram of each preworkout and found myself enjoying my workouts immensely.

    SNS ALCAR and PLCAR are high quality options that are available at unbeatable prices, and are capped for convenience.

    ALCAR at two, 1g doses per day is fantastic for cognitive benefits (improved memory formation and retention, enhanced mental acuity - with both short- and long-term effects being noticeable).

    PLCAR, in addition to its purported ergogenic and fat-loss benefits, also has general health benefits including improved cardiac function. I use 1-1.5g per day when I have it on hand, and usually run it consistently alongside SNS TTA-500 for awesome non-stimulant fat loss.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  20. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,668
    Rep Power
    6857187
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    43.45%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Where does GlycoCarn fit in here

    Ive been on ALCAR for years but ready to try PLCAR (unless Im supposed to b trying GlycoCarn?) LOL

    Which one heklps woith receptors? No clue why but Im interchanging these for some reason. Brain fart.
    GPLC is overpriced and the studies are sponsored by Sigma Tau. It's probably solid but definitely not worth the pricetag.

    None of them help with receptors that I'm aware of.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  21. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,541
    Rep Power
    558950
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    48.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Looking lean and mean Coop!

    Thx for the info
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  22. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,782
    Rep Power
    1704918
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    14.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Looking lean and mean Coop!

    Thx for the info
    Check the aav2 write up on Alcar in terms of its influence on leptin. This is why I switched over
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  23. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,541
    Rep Power
    558950
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    48.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ive been on ALCAR for many years. Was curious about other forms of carnitine
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  24. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,782
    Rep Power
    1704918
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    14.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  25. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,541
    Rep Power
    558950
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    48.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Good stuff

    I noticed a few of the other posters are using ALCAR post-training. Why? Seems counter-intuitive.

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  26. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,782
    Rep Power
    1704918
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    14.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Post training? Not by my recommendation. I use post meal. As leptin is at its peak. But I recommend a pre workout dose
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  27. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,987
    Rep Power
    2519121
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    66.02%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc
    Post training? Not by my recommendation. I use post meal. As leptin is at its peak. But I recommend a pre workout dose
    Alcar post meal, not WITH or PRE?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  28. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,541
    Rep Power
    558950
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    48.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Post training? Not by my recommendation.
    agreed (see page 1)

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    But I recommend a pre workout dose
    agreed
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  29. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I thought ALCAR and PLCAR were best taken on empty stomach first thing in the morning? or that is the impression I was under.....
  30. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,668
    Rep Power
    6857187
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    43.45%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    I thought ALCAR and PLCAR were best taken on empty stomach first thing in the morning? or that is the impression I was under.....
    It really depends what you're after. In the end, it's pretty moot. Empty stomach for ALCAR promotes AMPK stimulation and a stronger nootropic effect; with food promotes storage as muscle carnitine. PLCAR is probably best taken on an empty stomach, always.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  31. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It really depends what you're after. In the end, it's pretty moot. Empty stomach for ALCAR promotes AMPK stimulation and a stronger nootropic effect; with food promotes storage as muscle carnitine. PLCAR is probably best taken on an empty stomach, always.
    It seems that anything amino-related I tend take on an empty stomach....mixing them with protein, especially whey, just seemed like a bad idea. Since you want them to exert their effect independent of any other proteins/aminos.....I just take the 'CARS with NAC, Taurine and whatever separate aminos I take...I guess they can be effective with food as well though judging by your post....
  32. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31244
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    It really depends what you're after. In the end, it's pretty moot. Empty stomach for ALCAR promotes AMPK stimulation and a stronger nootropic effect; with food promotes storage as muscle carnitine. PLCAR is probably best taken on an empty stomach, always.
    What does AMPK stimulation do?
  33. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,668
    Rep Power
    6857187
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    43.45%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    What does AMPK stimulation do?
    Generally speaking, it aids with fat loss.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  34. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,030
    Rep Power
    370534
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    17.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Generally speaking, it aids with fat loss.
    Do you feel AMPK activation via supplementation should be avoided at times(bulking) due to the possible catabolic environment?

    I have so much trouble with understanding AMPK bc it is activated from many things, it has many positives(oxidation of fats, functions in glucose uptake) and bad things(inhibition of anabolic pathways ie protein synthesis).

    Obviously exercise is a great activator of AMPK, but I just wonder if there is literature on too much AMPK. May sound dumb, but I hope that all makes sense.

    Also, Ursolic acid:Found that interesting as well in a prior AMPK discussion. Thanks to Neuron for posting that previously.

    Edit: makes the Fat Free formula interesting...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  35. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,668
    Rep Power
    6857187
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    43.45%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Do you feel AMPK activation via supplementation should be avoided at times(bulking) due to the possible catabolic environment?

    I have so much trouble with understanding AMPK bc it is activated from many things, it has many positives(oxidation of fats, functions in glucose uptake) and bad things(inhibition of anabolic pathways ie protein synthesis).

    Obviously exercise is a great activator of AMPK, but I just wonder if there is literature on too much AMPK. May sound dumb, but I hope that all makes sense.

    Also, Ursolic acid:

    Found that interesting as well in a prior AMPK discussion. Thanks to Neuron for posting that previously.

    Edit: makes the Fat Free formula interesting...
    That question cannot be addressed so simply. It is all a function of what other processes are taking place throughout your body, aka context. If you're asking if ALCAR would be detrimental to a bulk, the answer is no.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  36. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,030
    Rep Power
    370534
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    17.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    That question cannot be addressed so simply. It is all a function of what other processes are taking place throughout your body, aka context. If you're asking if ALCAR would be detrimental to a bulk, the answer is no.
    Yeah, I guess I just keep reading about these processes in the body and want to understand them best possible; this leads to me looking for simple answers that aren't there.

    Thank you sir.

    Edit: I guess I was wondering how much AMPK activation was "too much." Again, I don't think there is an answer to this at the time. Just convo
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  37. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,541
    Rep Power
    558950
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    48.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Interesting question tho buddy
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ALCAR/PLCAR/LCLT
    By WARBIRDWS6 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-25-2014, 10:54 PM
  2. ALCAR/PLCAR
    By Chub in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 12:58 AM
  3. PLCAR vs. LCLT vs. GPLC
    By John33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 06:15 PM
  4. LCLT and PLCAR
    By freefall365 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 06:39 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in