Cycle off Cortisol supplements?

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
Should we cycle off cortisol control/blocker supplements to give the body a break? I know it's always best practice to cycle off just about everything, however I'm curious if it really matters much for cortisol control.

I recently finished an 8 week run of Erase Pro bridged into lean xtreme. I was thinking about going in a topical ASAP using Abliderate Advanced Beta. Should I take a few weeks off before starting AA?

Thanks

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would i don't think necessarily you have to cause i don't know if there is conclusive proof that its bad for you. But my advice is lay off them for a little while to least let your body get back to normal.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I would imagine it's OK. I'm assuming the cortisol supplement you're taking now is oral and therefore systemic, whereas Abliderate Advanced is topical and the carrier is designed to deliver the actives locally. Meaning it only has an effect on the areas where applied. Just a guess but I'd say it's all good.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Being on cortisol control supplements longterm can cause chronic inflammation

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't use them longterm.

I would cycle them just like anything else. I would guess that inhibiting or trying to control cortisol for longer periods of time could do some harm.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Advice I got a long time ago was cycle everything. I can't think of any supplements I don't cycle aside from vitamins, carotenoids, and "greens" supplements (though I do rotate brands). It may or may not be necessary with everything under the sun, but I always think effectiveness of long term products is increased after a break anyways.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
In addition to the reason Coop cited, I believe it's important to cycle off almost every supplement at some point for the sake of being safe. Whether it's every couple of months, quarter or half of a year - hell, any time period based on personal preference - it's not a bad idea to, for lack of a better term, detoxify. There are certainly many examples of too much of a good thing, and moderation is key to success in all things (including bodybuilding).

I know that I will be taking a break in between my current log of Ergobolic and returning to SNS Reduce XT, which is a perennial favorite among the lifting crowd.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
Agreed everyone, thanks for the input. I will wait a month or so before starting AA.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perhaps this is what's going on with me, coop?

This is what I have taken dating back to Sept 2011- only hormonals/muscle building agents listed- also used fat burners and gdas through out, sometimes two At once (fat burners), and nitric oxide/pump supps.. But for the sake of cortisol / inflammation ::::

Sept: erase

OCt- erase, anabeta

November 1- ebol+ursobolic

Dec- Erase+AB

Jan- erase+AB

Feb- Prometheus rising(daa) +primal male+ ursobolic

March- titanium+Prometheus rising+erase

April- leviathan, hghup, division 1

may-isatest+ anabeta (tried lean xtreme here but noticed severe inflammation/bloating)

June-Anabeta+erase

July- erase + anabeta - currently still swollen n bloated in abdomen and chest... Muscle hardness and leanness is great in all other areas- leading me to believe there is some internal issue.. U know the deal, and I've increasing carbs daily per your advice .. Tomorrow is my last workout before an off week (9days including weekends) after 8 full 5 day weeks.. I'm assuming my bloating will subside like it dud during my last off week in may.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Perhaps this is what's going on with me, coop?

This is what I have taken dating back to Sept 2011- only hormonals/muscle building agents listed- also used fat burners and gdas through out, sometimes two At once (fat burners), and nitric oxide/pump supps.. But for the sake of cortisol / inflammation ::::

Sept: erase

OCt- erase, anabeta

November 1- ebol+ursobolic

Dec- Erase+AB

Jan- erase+AB

Feb- Prometheus rising(daa) +primal male+ ursobolic

March- titanium+Prometheus rising+erase

April- leviathan, hghup, division 1

may-isatest+ anabeta (tried lean xtreme here but noticed severe inflammation/bloating)

June-Anabeta+erase

July- erase + anabeta - currently still swollen n bloated in abdomen and chest... Muscle hardness and leanness is great in all other areas- leading me to believe there is some internal issue.. U know the deal, and I've increasing carbs daily per your advice .. Tomorrow is my last workout before an off week (9days including weekends) after 8 full 5 day weeks.. I'm assuming my bloating will subside like it dud during my last off week in may.
No supplements besides staples for the next 2 months. Thank me later

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gotta agree with Coop take 2 months off let your body recover. That was some serious months of supplement using at least compared to me.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gotta agree with Coop take 2 months off let your body recover. That was some serious months of supplement using at least compared to me.
It's been like that for about 5 years now..at the beginning With harsh ph's and no proper pct ..mixed in with natty products, and a brief stint of winny at one point..

What would be considered staples? Idk how I could possibly do that.. It's scary/sad to admit I'm dependent (definitely mentally.. And hopefully not, but I believe physically as well..) I'm in no position in life right now to experiment going cold turkey on stuff

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It's been like that for about 5 years now..at the beginning With harsh ph's and no proper pct ..mixed in with natty products, and a brief stint of winny at one point..

What would be considered staples? Idk how I could possibly do that.. It's scary/sad to admit I'm dependent (definitely mentally.. And hopefully not, but I believe physically as well..) I'm in no position in life right now to experiment going cold turkey on stuff
I want you to wake up tomorrow and take 5 things at most:

Caffeine
Creatine
Beta-alanine
ALCAR
Vitamin D3

Honestly, drop everything else. "Cold Turkey" won't be an issue since nothing you've been taking has resulted in an insurmountable tolerance.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want you to wake up tomorrow and take 5 things at most:

Caffeine
Creatine
Beta-alanine
ALCAR
Vitamin D3

Honestly, drop everything else. "Cold Turkey" won't be an issue since nothing you've been taking has resulted in an insurmountable tolerance.
I havent used creatine in years .. Like since I was 16 or 17 (7 years ago) and recall horrible bloating due to crappy products.. What kind do u suggest? And why?

Caffeine like straight caffeine caps, or a fat burner.. Currently stacking sports one methyl ephedra (1 am/1afternoon) and oep (2am/1afternoon)

Beta alanine (like creatine) I dont have on hand.. Why do u suggest that?

Alcar im using 1g Pre workout, 500mg with post workout meal

D3 I had been taking daily since Jan at 1,000iu with dinner and stopped about a month ago.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I havent used creatine in years .. Like since I was 16 or 17 (7 years ago) and recall horrible bloating due to crappy products.. What kind do u suggest? And why?

Caffeine like straight caffeine caps, or a fat burner.. Currently stacking sports one methyl ephedra (1 am/1afternoon) and oep (2am/1afternoon)

Beta alanine (like creatine) I dont have on hand.. Why do u suggest that?

Alcar im using 1g Pre workout, 500mg with post workout meal

D3 I had been taking daily since Jan at 1,000iu with dinner and stopped about a month ago.
I know, I'm saying those are the only five you should be using...maximum. You should be on creatine/BA well before any other supplement you've listed. Try SNS Magnesium Creatine Chelate (no pimp) to alleviate GI issues, and I also recommend SNS BA caps so you can easily spread out the doses. The combination will increase muscular strength, endurance, and ultimately, LBM.

Take all 2g ALCAR preworkout.

Take a minimum of 2k IU D3.

Caffeine was only listed because that is one supplement where going cold turkey can be a bitch.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know, I'm saying those are the only five you should be using...maximum. You should be on creatine/BA well before any other supplement you've listed. Try SNS Magnesium Creatine Chelate (no pimp) to alleviate GI issues, and I also recommend SNS BA caps so you can easily spread out the doses. The combination will increase muscular strength, endurance, and ultimately, LBM.

Take all 2g ALCAR preworkout.

Take a minimum of 2k IU D3.

Caffeine was only listed because that is one supplement where going cold turkey can be a bitch.
I have been reading up on the sns cremag chelate and the BA. Thinking 501cap bottles... I have hybrid no as well.. Was hoping to start that in about a month .. Would that be ok to add.. Good synergy with the cit malate and agmatine on workout days only .. Whats the difference between the mag creatine and the sns creatine e2?

Just out of curiosity- can erase be stacked with bulbine? What about adding Anabeta OR x gels to that?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have been reading up on the sns cremag chelate and the BA. Thinking 501cap bottles... I have hybrid no as well.. Was hoping to start that in about a month .. Would that be ok to add.. Good synergy with the cit malate and agmatine on workout days only

Just out of curiosity- can erase be stacked with bulbine? What about adding Anabeta to that?
So by your last comments about supps you aren't considering time off?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So by your last comments about supps you aren't considering time off?

Coop said just stick to staples .. I was just curious about the erase/bulb/Anabeta

I am gonna start tapering down my erase right now and finish up my Anabeta.. Will be done on the 9th of aug Abd then just use the 5 staples coop listed on Previous page

And I've been considering it for a long time.. Its just mentally hard and im worried how my body will react physically

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Coop said just stick to staples .. I was just curious about the erase/bulb/Anabeta

I am gonna start tapering down my erase right now and finish up my Anabeta.. Will be done on the 9th of aug Abd then just use the 5 staples coop listed on Previous page

And I've been considering it for a long time.. Its just mentally hard and im worried how my body will react physically
Good man. I will be doing that also.
I will hopefully be running a challenge on here and then 8 weeks off. Bring on the stim free and ergogenics :)

pressureSpike

Banned
Awards
It sucks when people give advice for the persons best interest and they ignore it.

Never mind I read your last post. This is why I just stick to basics or close to it as simple as taking a stim preworkout sometimes makes u feel you'll achieve less when u don't take it u become dependent of it mentally u feel less strong off it which is wack your mind should be your strongest point of your body not your biceps. Don't feel you'll become weaker but only stronger cause you'll realize you don't need certain products to reach your goals

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
It sucks when people give advice for the persons best interest and they ignore it.

Never mind I read your last post. This is why I just stick to basics or close to it as simple as taking a stim preworkout sometimes makes u feel you'll achieve less when u don't take it u become dependent of it mentally u feel less strong off it which is wack your mind should be your strongest point of your body not your biceps. Don't feel you'll become weaker but only stronger cause you'll realize you don't need certain products to reach your goals
That's where nootropics are beneficial.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Your going to be doing yourself a huge favor by taking that time off. It sounds like you have mentally convinced yourself you need supplements to gain muscle or just workout. It may sound hard and harsh to you but your body for surely needs to go back to homeostasis.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would look into holy basil. Its a multifunctional ingredient. It's a staple for me I love it. Definitely good to use

murk01

murk01

Awards
Taking time off is great advice. It can be difficult to stop a supplementing regime, expecialy when it has come to be the norm.

I would and also need to take this advice. But even go a step further. Figure out a good heavy diet and u wont need to supplement at all.
Sups are nothing but animo's , mineral, etc. U can get from food and veg.

Now I need to swollow that pill

murk01

murk01

Awards
Plus , the coating use for a lot of pills is sh!t.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all the encouragement

Chris- what r ergogenics used for??

I know coop took ergobolic recently

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I have been reading up on the sns cremag chelate and the BA. Thinking 501cap bottles... I have hybrid no as well.. Was hoping to start that in about a month .. Would that be ok to add.. Good synergy with the cit malate and agmatine on workout days only .. Whats the difference between the mag creatine and the sns creatine e2?

Just out of curiosity- can erase be stacked with bulbine? What about adding Anabeta OR x gels to that?
The 501 ct bottles are the best deal. Merely by switching to creatine and BA from testboosters, etc, I think you will actually get stronger in the gym. Anyway, don't bother with hybrid NO, it's a pricy agmatine. I want you to cycle off cit mal and agmatine for the time being as well. Don't get creatine e2.

Don't use them for the next 2-3 months, but yes, bulbine can be stacked with pretty much anything. Likewise with x-gels.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The 501 ct bottles are the best deal. Merely by switching to creatine and BA from testboosters, etc, I think you will actually get stronger in the gym. Anyway, don't bother with hybrid NO, it's a pricy agmatine. I want you to cycle off cit mal and agmatine for the time being as well. Don't get creatine e2.

Don't use them for the next 2-3 months, but yes, bulbine can be stacked with pretty much anything. Likewise with x-gels.
Ok. I'm not currently on agmatine, actually haven't used agmatine since march. And never used cit Malate... Do u sill think I should not use cit ? I've been on yoked Pre workout since June and planned on stopping it at the end of august (guidelines of 12 weeks max) (and not taking it the next week bc of off time)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok. I'm not currently on agmatine, actually haven't used agmatine since march. And never used cit Malate... Do u sill think I should not use cit ? I've been on yoked Pre workout since June and planned on stopping it at the end of august (guidelines of 12 weeks max) (and not taking it the next week bc of off time)
The only preworkout I'd recommend is caffeine. Let the creatine and BA do the rest.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would look into holy basil. Its a multifunctional ingredient. It's a staple for me I love it. Definitely good to use
NOW foods make a decent holy basil product. They also make a decent cortisol support blend with magnolia etc

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought the point was to not take anything affecting cortisol ?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks for all the encouragement

Chris- what r ergogenics used for??

I know coop took ergobolic recently
Ergogenics are what coop suggested.
Basics but still aid in performance.
So if your used to having 400mg caffiene pre workout, drop it in half...used BA,magnesium creatine chelate, citrulline is a staple for me and so is COP

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking forward to the creatine bc I hacent used it in years (crappy monohydrate) I'm just honestly scared t o death about fat gain/bloating... Or getting TOO big. I was huge as a kid Abd until age 15 and hated it...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm looking forward to the creatine bc I hacent used it in years (crappy monohydrate) I'm just honestly scared t o death about fat gain/bloating... Or getting TOO big. I was huge as a kid Abd until age 15 and hated it...
Keep diet in check. Eat a more gluten free diet to avoid water retention.
Wheat and gluten loves water.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Keep diet in check. Eat a more gluten free diet to avoid water retention.
Wheat and gluten loves water.
Eh, that's debatable...and it has nothing to do with the osmotic effects of creatine.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Eh, that's debatable...and it has nothing to do with the osmotic effects of creatine.
He was worried about bloating but I was directing that directly at his diet. The MCC is great as there is zilch GI issues.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very interested in ergobolic+ergotest stack in your log coop.. Is that something relatively safe to gto with when I start reintroducing additional supps?

How should it be treated in terms of cortisol control.. I know now that chronic use of products like erase or other cortisol reducing products can lead to inflammation... What is a good guideline for months per year to be on these types of things?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Very interested in ergobolic+ergotest stack in your log coop.. Is that something relatively safe to gto with when I start reintroducing additional supps?

How should it be treated in terms of cortisol control.. I know now that chronic use of products like erase or other cortisol reducing products can lead to inflammation... What is a good guideline for months per year to be on these types of things?
2months on 1 off as a minimum

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@coop or anyone else..

The d3 suggestion- my multi has 1,000 iu

I also have 1,000 gelcaps.. What would be the best dosing? Do u recommend doing 3000 iu? Or is two sufficient (I worry about the absorption of the multi dose bc there's so much stuff in it..)

I takethe multi in the AM.. takethe extra 1000/2000 with dinner?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
@coop or anyone else..

The d3 suggestion- my multi has 1,000 iu

I also have 1,000 gelcaps.. What would be the best dosing? Do u recommend doing 3000 iu? Or is two sufficient (I worry about the absorption of the multi dose bc there's so much stuff in it..)

I takethe multi in the AM.. takethe extra 1000/2000 with dinner?
Just take the extra 1000 IU whenever you wish, really. Once you have taken 1-3 months off all non-staple supplements, I think Ergobolic would be a good starting point. The adaptogenic, pro-recovery complex sounds up your alley.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just take the extra 1000 IU whenever you wish, really. Once you have taken 1-3 months off all non-staple supplements, I think Ergobolic would be a good starting point. The adaptogenic, pro-recovery complex sounds up your alley.
K thanks

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
And what do u take while 'taking a break'

Serious question
Use basics, don't cut or bulk, just eat high counts of healthy vitamin and mineral dense foods.lots of protein.