Coffee and creatine??

  1. Coffee and creatine??


    Is it a bad idea to slam my creatine with coffee?


  2. It's fine. A bunch of the studies had their participants put the creatine in their coffee

  3. Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Is it a bad idea to slam my creatine with coffee?
    lol, did you ask this a few months ago? seem to recall you did....annnnnywho, it's fine to combine them.
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
    •   
       


  4. But caffiene stops creatine from working right?

  5. Done it for years off and on. Strictly with coffee. In the AM and before the gym. Works just as it would normally (I used mono for lack of taste purposes)

  6. Quote Originally Posted by SuppBro View Post
    But caffiene stops creatine from working right?
    not at all

  7. Quote Originally Posted by schizm

    lol, did you ask this a few months ago? seem to recall you did....annnnnywho, it's fine to combine them.
    Yeah I did bro....... Just keep getting mixed responses from alot of my peers in the gym.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by SuppBro
    But caffiene stops creatine from working right?
    What reasoning have you been told for this? Never heard it, personally. Seems unlikely, though.
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SuppBro
    But caffiene stops creatine from working right?
    No it won't affect it. They say that because its a dieuretic which means your losing lots of water which Creatibe feeds off it. There's no way caffiene would kill it. Then we couldn't run pwo's or what would even be the point of a company putting it in their pwo's. Now citrus will. The acids break down the Creatibe and makes it a wastless bi product. Creatinine.
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42

    No it won't affect it. They say that because its a dieuretic which means your losing lots of water which Creatibe feeds off it. There's no way caffiene would kill it. Then we couldn't run pwo's or what would even be the point of a company putting it in their pwo's. Now citrus will. The acids break down the Creatibe and makes it a wastless bi product. Creatinine.
    That's interesting so avoid orange juice???

  11. Yup. Look up orange juice and Creatine bro
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    No it won't affect it. They say that because its a dieuretic which means your losing lots of water which Creatibe feeds off it. There's no way caffiene would kill it. Then we couldn't run pwo's or what would even be the point of a company putting it in their pwo's. Now citrus will. The acids break down the Creatibe and makes it a wastless bi product. Creatinine.
    Stomach acid is much lower than citric acid and creatine survives the gut.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Stomach acid is much lower than citric acid and creatine survives the gut.
    I guess that would be true. Hmm ill look more up on hit
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

  14. Ya... That's true. It tends to upset your stomach more and less absorption from what I'm reading. That other theory isn't universally accepted
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

  15. See the whole diaretic aspect of it.... I'm about to cycle erase for the first time... Should I stop taking creatine monohydrate since it retains water??? Wouldn't it be counter productive.... Or am I over thinking this????

  16. Quote Originally Posted by texasfinest2 View Post
    See the whole diaretic aspect of it.... I'm about to cycle erase for the first time... Should I stop taking creatine monohydrate since it retains water??? Wouldn't it be counter productive.... Or am I over thinking this????
    Water retention from creatine is intramuscular. If you lose water from erase it will likely be extracellular.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post
    What reasoning have you been told for this? Never heard it, personally. Seems unlikely, though.
    http://www.ergo-log.com/creatinecaffeine.html

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

    Water retention from creatine is intramuscular. If you lose water from erase it will likely be extracellular.
    Thanks big d

  19. Quote Originally Posted by texasfinest2
    See the whole diaretic aspect of it.... I'm about to cycle erase for the first time... Should I stop taking creatine monohydrate since it retains water??? Wouldn't it be counter productive.... Or am I over thinking this????
    I battled this myself, whether or not to use thermos or products that would affect water. I finally concluded after studying extensively that the products that affect water weren't going to affect water that was intramuscular. It affects water that is stored in other places. So, I currently use creating while using thermos and products such as erase.
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  20. Quote Originally Posted by SuppBro
    Interesting read there. Thanks for the link.
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo

    I battled this myself, whether or not to use thermos or products that would affect water. I finally concluded after studying extensively that the products that affect water weren't going to affect water that was intramuscular. It affects water that is stored in other places. So, I currently use creating while using thermos and products such as erase.
    Thanks nice to have some vets to talk with.... I've only been lifting for 3 yrs... So I'm on an intermediate mode where I need more indepth questions answered... Thanks guys

  22. What kind of creating are you taking, btw? Just curious
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo
    What kind of creating are you taking, btw? Just curious
    Now sports creatine

  24. Fruit juices and creatine do not optimize the usage of creatine.

    You want plain old sucrose or the like...

    Fruit Juice = Fructose which is not shuttle to the muscle, it is used in the liver. If you have low blood sugar then you liver release glucose.

    Coffe w/ sugar.

    But creatine with juice is ok, it just wont be maximize...soif you got a routine...eh...who cares...stick with it,
    -P
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. how much coffee
    By jordybb in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 12:11 PM
  2. Coffee and Creatine
    By borneagain in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 08:46 PM
  3. Coffee and RPM...
    By ironwill in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 01:08 AM
  4. coffee
    By dynomite in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Log in
Log in