Coffee and creatine??

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
Is it a bad idea to slam my creatine with coffee?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
It's fine. A bunch of the studies had their participants put the creatine in their coffee

SuppBro

Awards
But caffiene stops creatine from working right?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Done it for years off and on. Strictly with coffee. In the AM and before the gym. Works just as it would normally (I used mono for lack of taste purposes)

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
lol, did you ask this a few months ago? seem to recall you did....annnnnywho, it's fine to combine them.
Yeah I did bro....... Just keep getting mixed responses from alot of my peers in the gym.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
What reasoning have you been told for this? Never heard it, personally. Seems unlikely, though.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
No it won't affect it. They say that because its a dieuretic which means your losing lots of water which Creatibe feeds off it. There's no way caffiene would kill it. Then we couldn't run pwo's or what would even be the point of a company putting it in their pwo's. Now citrus will. The acids break down the Creatibe and makes it a wastless bi product. Creatinine.

texasfinest2

texasfinest2

Awards
No it won't affect it. They say that because its a dieuretic which means your losing lots of water which Creatibe feeds off it. There's no way caffiene would kill it. Then we couldn't run pwo's or what would even be the point of a company putting it in their pwo's. Now citrus will. The acids break down the Creatibe and makes it a wastless bi product. Creatinine.
That's interesting so avoid orange juice???

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Yup. Look up orange juice and Creatine bro

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stomach acid is much lower than citric acid and creatine survives the gut.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Stomach acid is much lower than citric acid and creatine survives the gut.
I guess that would be true. Hmm ill look more up on hit

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Ya... That's true. It tends to upset your stomach more and less absorption from what I'm reading. That other theory isn't universally accepted

texasfinest2

texasfinest2

Awards
See the whole diaretic aspect of it.... I'm about to cycle erase for the first time... Should I stop taking creatine monohydrate since it retains water??? Wouldn't it be counter productive.... Or am I over thinking this????

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
See the whole diaretic aspect of it.... I'm about to cycle erase for the first time... Should I stop taking creatine monohydrate since it retains water??? Wouldn't it be counter productive.... Or am I over thinking this????
Water retention from creatine is intramuscular. If you lose water from erase it will likely be extracellular.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
I battled this myself, whether or not to use thermos or products that would affect water. I finally concluded after studying extensively that the products that affect water weren't going to affect water that was intramuscular. It affects water that is stored in other places. So, I currently use creating while using thermos and products such as erase.

texasfinest2

texasfinest2

Awards
I battled this myself, whether or not to use thermos or products that would affect water. I finally concluded after studying extensively that the products that affect water weren't going to affect water that was intramuscular. It affects water that is stored in other places. So, I currently use creating while using thermos and products such as erase.
Thanks nice to have some vets to talk with.... I've only been lifting for 3 yrs... So I'm on an intermediate mode where I need more indepth questions answered... Thanks guys

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
What kind of creating are you taking, btw? Just curious

MrBEEF

Awards
Fruit juices and creatine do not optimize the usage of creatine.

You want plain old sucrose or the like...

Fruit Juice = Fructose which is not shuttle to the muscle, it is used in the liver. If you have low blood sugar then you liver release glucose.

Coffe w/ sugar.

But creatine with juice is ok, it just wont be maximize...soif you got a routine...eh...who cares...stick with it,
-P