Can Slin-Sane actually INCREASE anabolism on a bulk?

Aesthetics20

Awards
As per dosing instructions "You should be able to increase your carbohydrate intake higher than a normal “bulking” phase with the use of Slin-Sane, due to its favorable nutrient partitioning effects you won’t have to worry about excess fat gain. Take 1 capsule before 3 carbohydrate heavy meals and up your carbs by about 20-30% above intake for normal muscle building phases. Be sure to take a serving before your workouts, and sip on a fast absorbing carb+protein shake while training. You should notice a significant increase in pump and vascularity during the workout, and noticeably faster muscle gain over the course of usage."

Has anyone found that they put on muscle at a quicker rate than normal when Slin-Sane was added in during a bulk?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No. Gymnema sylvestre is a carbohydrate blocker, and reduction of insulin output via banaba's upregulation of Glut4 will actually affect feedback loops in a manner that will quell anabolism.

Do not modify your diet because you are taking slin-sane. You won't put on muscle faster, but higher insulin sensitivity is quite healthy and I use slin-sane from time to time.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
No. Gymnema sylvestre is a carbohydrate blocker, and reduction of insulin output via banaba's upregulation of Glut4 will actually affect feedback loops in a manner that will quell anabolism.

Do not modify your diet because you are taking slin-sane. You won't put on muscle faster, but higher insulin sensitivity is quite healthy and I use slin-sane from time to time.
Perfect Coop

Aesthetics20

Awards

Dang, I just bought 2 bottles of SS to stack with 2 bottles of X-Factor Advanced...planning on starting the XFA cycle Monday. So dosing SS 3x/day could actually inhibit my gains on this cycle?

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Dang, I just bought 2 bottles of SS to stack with 2 bottles of X-Factor Advanced...planning on starting the XFA cycle Monday. So dosing SS 3x/day could actually inhibit my gains on this cycle?
What's your dosing protocol?

Aesthetics20

Awards
What's your dosing protocol?
The genomyx recommendation for bulking is "Take 1 capsule before 3 carbohydrate heavy meals and up your carbs by about 20-30% above intake for normal muscle building phases. Be sure to take a serving before your workouts, and sip on a fast absorbing carb+protein shake while training. You should notice a significant increase in pump and vascularity during the workout, and noticeably faster muscle gain over the course of usage" so I was planning on taking it 15 minutes before breakfast, 15 minutes before my pre workout meal, and 15 minutes before another carb rich meal closer to bed time. And if I plan on having a cheat meal, I'll take 2 15-30 minutes before.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Perhaps I came off too harshly. Slin-sane will not potentiate anabolism but it will not diminish it either UNLESS dosed too high (i.e. 3-4 caps at once; efficacious dose of gymnema being 600mg-1g). Slin-sane has positive effects on health and should absolutely be used with high carb meals (the exception being postworkout). Also, I hope you are dosing the XFA using the optimal method:

Take it on workout days only.
4 caps preworkout
2g Carnitine of choice preworkout (I like LCLT or ALCAR)
6g Glycerol Monostearate preworkout

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
You can also take it before bed time which has some evidence of gh release with constant SS use

Aesthetics20

Awards
Perhaps I came off too harshly. Slin-sane will not potentiate anabolism but it will not diminish it either UNLESS dosed too high (i.e. 3-4 caps at once; efficacious dose of gymnema being 600mg-1g). Slin-sane has positive effects on health and should absolutely be used with high carb meals (the exception being postworkout). Also, I hope you are dosing the XFA using the optimal method:

Take it on workout days only.
4 caps preworkout
2g Carnitine of choice preworkout (I like LCLT or ALCAR)
6g Glycerol Monostearate preworkout
Ok, so you don't think dosing 1 pill 2-3x/day before high carb meals will have any negative effect on my bulk?

Actually, funny that you mention that. I was planning on dosing it as you recommend, because I've seen many very successful logs with that protocol. However, I PM'ed a rep who told me that avoiding off day dosing is more economical but yield lesser gains, and he also told me to split up the doses 1/1/1/1 with meals for best chances at putting on LBM. I'm thinking of doing 4 pre training, and 4 on off days for a week or two, then just strictly dosing pre workout.
You can also take it before bed time which has some evidence of gh release with constant SS use

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok, so you don't think dosing 1 pill 2-3x/day before high carb meals will have any negative effect on my bulk?

Actually, funny that you mention that. I was planning on dosing it as you recommend, because I've seen many very successful logs with that protocol. However, I PM'ed a rep who told me that avoiding off day dosing is more economical but yield lesser gains, and he also told me to split up the doses 1/1/1/1 with meals for best chances at putting on LBM. I'm thinking of doing 4 pre training, and 4 on off days for a week or two, then just strictly dosing pre workout.
No I do not believe it will have a negative impact.

I disagree with that representative and feel that is minimizing the bang-for-your-buck as far as ArA is concerned. If you are training 4-5 days a week, use it preworkout only (no offdays).

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards

I disagree with that representative and feel that is minimizing the bang-for-your-buck as far as ArA is concerned. If you are training 4-5 days a week, use it preworkout only (no offdays).
Same here I'm a cheapskate :) so I'd just use xfa the days I workout

Aesthetics20

Awards

Yeah I train 5 days a week (2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off), have you noticed gains in LBM using this method?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yeah I train 5 days a week (2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off), have you noticed gains in LBM using this method?
Tough to say about the LBM. I've used it twice during a cut, and I've noticed an accelerated leaning out effect (for which I have no explanation) and greater strength retention (and thus, likely LBM as well). If you're training 5 days a week, definitely use it on workout days only.