Journey to the Grand Prix (Supplement review)
- 04-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Journey to the Grand Prix (Supplement review)
Alright, so roughly 10 months ago I set out on my own journey to the “Grand Prix”. I’ve always been a gym rat, however school and work had taken over a lot of my time and the next thing I knew, I was out of shape and in a rut. I figured the best way to spark that fire would be to compete. I gave myself 1 year to get in the best aesthetic shape I could and step foot on stage at the Grand Prix in Culver City.
Below is a list of things that I felt worked for me. This includes Nutrition, Training, and SUPPLEMENTS!
My original nutrition plan first started off as moderate protein, high carb, and low fat like most “bodybuilding” diets follow, however after more research and trial and error, what suited me best was high protein, low carb, moderate fat with carb cycling.
Example: 300g Protein, 100-120g Carbs, 90-110g Fat
I would run these macros for 4-5 days then have a reefed day
Example: 300g Protein, 350-400g Carbs, <30g Fat
With a previous shoulder injury, I had to be careful of what I was doing in the gym as to not aggravate my blown out shoulder. The training method that worked best for me was 4X training with Position of Flexion. This training method used lighter weights but really worked the 2A fibers and fast twitch fibers. I used this training method for almost 6 months with the added FST-7 before switching. Ill return to the 4X method as soon as my competition is over. The method that I used before my contest was high sets with moderate rep schemes. However, I varied the TUT to really stress the muscle fibers.
Example: Incline DB Press (4X8,10,12,15-20) First set: positive 1sec, negative 6sec. Second and Third set: positive 1sec, negative 3sec. Fourth Set: speed
So here’s the part that I’m pretty sure all of you only care about, LOL. But I need to make this statement first! Supplements are a supplement to proper diet and training. There’s no magic pill. In my opinion, your physique is 100% Diet, 100% Nutrition, and 5% Supplements.
I’ve rated the supplements that I’ve taken based on a 10 scale and included notes.
- Trutein: 10/10 Great profile and great taste
- Iso-ology: 10/10 Great profile and great taste
- American Pure Whey: 8/10 Not sure of the profile but cost effective…
- Myofusion: 9/10 Great profile and great taste
Myofusion Pro: 8/10 Sad about the added extra carbs
- Wyked: 9/10. Great energy, no crash
- AX Supersize: 8/10. Great mental focus, unfortunately I got the first batch with the weird taste
- 1MR: 9/10. Great energy but no focus. The first few times I crashed pretty hard but when my body adapted it was great!
- Maximize V2: 9/10. Great product with great energy but did crash off of it.
- Jack3d: 8/10. Solid product that taste great.
- MP Recon: 10/10. Great solid product. I definitely notice a difference in muscle recover (the amount of pain I endure) when I take this and when I don’t. I’ll be using this for a while!
- Beta Alanine: 10/10. I don’t know where I’d be without this stuff (I just buy bulk)
- Oxy ElitePro: 8/10. When I first began using this stuff it really hurt my heart. I stopped for a while then tried it again with no sides.
- Alpha T2: 9/10. I like the fact that it isn’t stim based. I can take 2 with 1 OEP in the morning then another two in the afternoon and keep the “burn” going.
- Shred Matrix: ?/10. I began using this but stopped after hearing it might affect absorption of other supps I was taking at the same time. Ill re-review when I’m able to take it alone.
- Bulk Green Tea Extract: 10/10. I take around 8 of these a day for nice clean energy
- Erase: 10/10. This stuff is great. The effects are definitely noticeable and feeling the “side effects” (dry joints) lets me know it’s working.
Erase Pro: 10/10. Just like Erase but in a single dose!
- Anabeta: 9/10. I’ve always used this on a low carb diet so this review might change when I start eating carbs again after the comp. I’ve always used Anabeta for strength and it definitely helped me when I was in the calorie deficit.
- Bulk DAA: 3/10. Bulk DAA did nothing for me
- Taurus Nutrition DAA-HCG 9/10. This worked for me. I noticed increase in strength and libido.
- I-force Intimidate: 8.5/10. This number will most likely change since when I first incorporated this supplement I was already stacking. However I do have reason to believe that it is working. The first three nights of sleep were hit or miss, however since then sleep has been much better. Ill re-review this when I am able to take this by itself.
- VidaTest: 9/10. I feel as if it’s working with an increase in libido but without bloods I’m unsure so for now I’ll stick with a 9/10.
- GLC2000: 10/10. One of the only joint supplements that I feel works. No more aches in the ankles, wrist, knee, or shoulder!
- Agmatine: 10/10. I definitely get a nice pump from this!
- Xtend: 9/10. Sip on this stuff during workouts. Taste Great!
- USPowders Bulk BCAA: 8/10. Like the ratio but the flavor is lacking (IMO)
NOW FOR THE PICS
- 04-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Legit feedback man! Great post, keep it up!!
- 04-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Wow great progress man and amazing feedback if your post. Def would be sweet to see you start a training journal or log in the future.
04-15-2012, 06:44 PM
04-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Big shout out to PES. Ive been using PES products since the beginning of this journey and they havent let me down. Cant wait to get my hands on Anabeta Elite and the new PW!!!
I used the hemavol trick, however I had poor timing and got pumped up way to early =/ I look flat in the pic compare to pre-contest pump. Hopefully I can get better at timing at the next go around!
04-16-2012, 11:28 AM
looking good bro!!
04-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Next goal: Gain 20lbs by later this year
04-19-2012, 04:10 PM
04-19-2012, 04:17 PM
wow very nice, how much you weight and bf%? you shredded!
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Weight the day of: 164lbs
04-19-2012, 04:41 PM
04-19-2012, 04:47 PM
04-19-2012, 04:53 PM
04-19-2012, 04:56 PM
04-19-2012, 05:19 PM
04-19-2012, 05:25 PM
04-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By VolcomX311 in forum MMAReplies: 8Last Post: 02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
- By gwls in forum LG SciencesReplies: 7Last Post: 07-04-2010, 10:11 AM
- By size in forum MMAReplies: 15Last Post: 03-13-2006, 12:06 AM