Alright, so roughly 10 months ago I set out on my own journey to the “Grand Prix”. I’ve always been a gym rat, however school and work had taken over a lot of my time and the next thing I knew, I was out of shape and in a rut. I figured the best way to spark that fire would be to compete. I gave myself 1 year to get in the best aesthetic shape I could and step foot on stage at the Grand Prix in Culver City.
Below is a list of things that I felt worked for me. This includes Nutrition, Training, and SUPPLEMENTS!
My original nutrition plan first started off as moderate protein, high carb, and low fat like most “bodybuilding” diets follow, however after more research and trial and error, what suited me best was high protein, low carb, moderate fat with carb cycling.
Example: 300g Protein, 100-120g Carbs, 90-110g Fat
I would run these macros for 4-5 days then have a reefed day
Example: 300g Protein, 350-400g Carbs, <30g Fat
With a previous shoulder injury, I had to be careful of what I was doing in the gym as to not aggravate my blown out shoulder. The training method that worked best for me was 4X training with Position of Flexion. This training method used lighter weights but really worked the 2A fibers and fibers. I used this training method for almost 6 months with the added FST-7 before switching. Ill return to the 4X method as soon as my competition is over. The method that I used before my contest was high sets with moderate rep schemes. However, I varied the TUT to really stress the muscle fibers.
Example: Incline DB Press (4X8,10,12,15-20) First set: positive 1sec, negative 6sec. Second and Third set: positive 1sec, negative 3sec. Fourth Set: speed
So here’s the part that I’m pretty sure all of you only care about, LOL. But I need to make this statement first! Supplements are a supplement to proper diet and training. There’s no magic pill. In my opinion, your physique is 100% Diet, 100% Nutrition, and 5% Supplements.
I’ve rated the supplements that I’ve taken based on a 10 scale and included notes.
- : 10/10 Great profile and great taste
- : 10/10 Great profile and great taste
- American Pure Whey: 8/10 Not sure of the profile but cost effective…
- : 9/10 Great profile and great taste
Myofusion Pro: 8/10 Sad about the added extra carbs
- Wyked: 9/10. Great energy, no crash
- AX: 8/10. Great mental focus, unfortunately I got the first batch with the weird taste
- 1MR: 9/10. Great energy but no focus. The first few times I crashed pretty hard but when my body adapted it was great!
- V2: 9/10. Great product with great energy but did crash off of it.
- Jack3d: 8/10. Solid product that taste great.
- MP: 10/10. Great solid product. I definitely notice a difference in muscle (the amount of pain I endure) when I take this and when I don’t. I’ll be using this for a while!
- : 10/10. I don’t know where I’d be without this stuff (I just buy bulk)
- Oxy ElitePro: 8/10. When I first began using this stuff it really hurt my heart. I stopped for a while then tried it again with no sides.
- Alpha T2: 9/10. I like the fact that it isn’t stim based. I can take 2 with 1 OEP in the morning then another two in the afternoon and keep the “burn” going.
- Shred: ?/10. I began using this but stopped after hearing it might affect absorption of other supps I was taking at the same time. Ill re-review when I’m able to take it alone.
- Bulk: 10/10. I take around 8 of these a day for nice clean energy
- : 10/10. This stuff is great. The effects are definitely noticeable and feeling the “side effects” (dry joints) lets me know it’s working.
: 10/10. Just like Erase but in a single dose!
- : 9/10. I’ve always used this on a low carb diet so this review might change when I start eating carbs again after the comp. I’ve always used Anabeta for strength and it definitely helped me when I was in the calorie deficit.
- Bulk DAA: 3/10. Bulk DAA did nothing for me
- Taurus Nutrition DAA-HCG 9/10. This worked for me. I noticed increase in strength and libido.
- I-force: 8.5/10. This number will most likely change since when I first incorporated this supplement I was already stacking. However I do have reason to believe that it is working. The first three nights of sleep were hit or miss, however since then sleep has been much better. Ill re-review this when I am able to take this by itself.
- VidaTest: 9/10. I feel as if it’s working with an increase in libido but without bloods I’m unsure so for now I’ll stick with a 9/10.
- GLC2000: 10/10. One of the only joint supplements that I feel works. No more aches in the ankles, wrist, knee, or shoulder!
- : 10/10. I definitely get a nice pump from this!
- : 9/10. Sip on this stuff during workouts. Taste Great!
- USPowders Bulk BCAA: 8/10. Like the ratio but the flavor is lacking (IMO)
NOW FOR THE PICS