Best supplement for building muscle

mconstant

Awards
I'm looking for a postworkout supplement that will help me build a lot of muscle quickly any tips?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine. And dark matter work good
I use and love dark matter post w/o.

But it already has mono, I would pick up a bottle of sns creatine
Mag chelate, or creatine ol phosphate to go with it.

I'm using the mag chelate pre w/o right now along with dark matter post w/o. Good stuff

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I use and love dark matter post w/o.

But it already has mono, I would pick up a bottle of sns creatine
Mag chelate, or creatine ol phosphate
to go with it.

I'm using the mag chelate pre w/o right now along with dark matter post w/o. Good stuff
why not use both?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
supplements only contribute a small amount towards muscle gain. gotta eat and train for your goals. Creatine can be taken anytime during the day. all about saturation. as far as other supplements go other than staples, i like Anabeta, IGF 2, DAA. u can even stack all three

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
supplements only contribute a small amount towards muscle gain. gotta eat and train for your goals. Creatine can be taken anytime during the day. all about saturation. as far as other supplements go other than staples, i like Anabeta, IGF 2, DAA. u can even stack all three
Good choices

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
I like to keep my stack simple and effective, highlighting the basic and most clinically validated compounds in regards to sports nutrition and supplementation.

To me, that means creatine monohydrate. SNS makes third-party-tested, super-high-quality creatine monohydrate for ~$17 for 1200g (240+ servings). Take 3-5g per day, no loading phase or cycling necessary. Take it whenever is convenient for you. If creatine monohydrate leaves you feeling bloated (as it might with some users), try SNS Magnesium Creatine Chelate. Among other benefits, it leaves me with less water retention. It's two, three-cap servings per day, and taking one of the servings immediately before bed helps improve sleep quality because of the magnesium content.

I also like beta alanine, which comes from SNS in 120, 240, and 501 count bottles. Beta alanine potentiates excellent endurance benefits which help keep your sets going longer and push past your normal barriers, thereby increasing hypertrophy (among many other benefits). I take BA in two ~1.6g servings per day (for the clinically validated efficacious dose of 3.2g) with food to limit the paresthesia (tingling sensation) sometimes associated with beta alanine.

Finally, I might recommend one of our new products, citrulline malate. Available from Nutraplanet for $25.99 (an absolute steal for 300g of CM), it provides endurance, recovery, and pump-related benefits that are excellent in a preworkout, post workout, or almost-any-time context. It is one of the more versatile and intensely studied supplements available.

By combining 501 count bottles of MCC and BA, or a 1200g tub of creatine monohydrate + a 501 count bottle of BA, and a big tub of CM, you'll have a cost effective stack that has clinically backed results for a very reasonable price.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is no best supplement for building muscle. If your having trouble building muscle supplements should be the least of your worries.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
My top 3 post workout recommendations:

Foodadrol + Waterdbol + sleepzone.

Serious.
i didnt see these on the sns website....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
And OP, you can try 500mg agmatine with your postworkout meal to accelerate recovery

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
And OP, you can try 500mg agmatine with your postworkout meal to accelerate recovery
thats the beauty of agmatine, it can be dosed a ton of different ways...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
thats the beauty of agmatine, it can be dosed a ton of different ways...
Yeah. It has merit in recovery for reasons beyond simply enhanced insulin sensitivity, as it's nervous system-related effects can blunt pain.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. The nutrient partitioning effects of this supplement, imo, are beautiful. I sometimes have trouble digesting carbohydrates...sort of sits in my stomach. I take hemavol post workout 15 minutes before a meal and BAM. No stomach discomfort. Clean/smooth digestion AND rock hard muscles. No complaints here about that :) OP...deff check out iForce Hemavol. Along with your basic creatine, protein (if needed to reach macros, fish oil, multi...overated but needed if your micro intake sucks, and HEMAVOl for sure. Will blow your mind away...and blow your muscles up.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Supplements are fun....
I like d-pol as my test booster.... Everyone gave great options creatine being at the top of the list as well....

Eat beef & your potatos and u should be good to go.

sae2110

sae2110

Awards
^what aaron said, plus be honest with yourself about what you eat; track food intake with loseit or myfitnesspal, over the course of 2-4 weeks, and get tour mind blown. Seriously the best advice I have received on here. And my wife totally digs the healthy food we eat now

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
^what aaron said, plus be honest with yourself about what you eat; track food intake with loseit or myfitnesspal, over the course of 2-4 weeks, and get tour mind blown. Seriously the best advice I have received on here. And my wife totally digs the healthy food we eat now
Love me some myfitnesspal!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will you please elaborate on this "enhanced insulin sensitivity" attribute; specifcialy, its MOA?

Does it act just as potently as all the "popular" insulin mimetics out there?

Most of these make me hypo or just plain feel like crap.

Yeah. It has merit in recovery for reasons beyond simply enhanced insulin sensitivity, as it's nervous system-related effects can blunt pain.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Will you please elaborate on this "enhanced insulin sensitivity" attribute; specifcialy, its MOA?

Probably aren't consuming enough carbs...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

No it does not. Please refer to Dr. Houser's powerpoint on Agmatine. In fact, I suggest optimal dosing for agmatine to be 750mg-1.5g first thing in the morning without food, at least for a little while. With consistent dosing, it should favorably affect peptide hormones, support pancreatic and kidney health, upregulate e/cNOS, and have a mild "analgesic" effect on physical and mental woes.

manystyles

Awards
Any particular brand you recommend, mr.cooper69?

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agmatine is good stuff. I still highly recommend Genomyx Protocol that was such a great supplement, BA, LCLT and Agmatine was a winner for sure.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah but it hasn't been available for months!
That's why I stock piled months worth when it was last available I had 5 tubs of it. But sadly it does seem to never be around when you want to make an order.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
SNS Agmatine is carried here at NP, and there was a pretty nice price drop recently as well.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have found SNS to be the most effective for me (as of recent, because I loved MAN Blueprint but that is not longer available).

Hemavol is also very effective but not a standalone Agmatine product. :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have found SNS to be the most effective for me (as of recent, because I loved MAN Blueprint but that is not longer available).

Hemavol is also very effective but not a standalone Agmatine product. :)
MAN Blueprint is still available, where did you get the idea that it was not available anymore?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MAN Blueprint is still available, where did you get the idea that it was not available anymore?
It is not being produced, but I have seen it available at a couple sites still. Prometheus Rising was its "upgrade" I believe (but I don't care for that bc I don't want all those extra ingredients all the time).

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I'm looking for a postworkout supplement that will help me build a lot of muscle quickly any tips?
i like to keep things simple so i dont have to swallow 800 pills a day and have my table look like tony montana's desk with powder residue, so i typically make sure i eat high protien and carbs post work out and i'll typically take a creatine derivative and glutamine powder. IMO they're quite simply the best supplements to take while trying to bodybuild drug free. I've noticed the most benifit from those two substances alone since i've started lifting.

MSF

Awards
16 oz. 2% Milk
1 Med. Banana
2 Teaspoons of Honey
1 Heaping scoop of whey protein
3 Table spoons of vanilla yogurt
1 Dose of Creatine
1 Dose of Lucine
Mix in a blender (Before you go to the gym)
Chug it within 10 minutes after your workout.
Works for me.
Taste good too.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
16 oz. 2% Milk
1 Med. Banana
2 Teaspoons of Honey
1 Heaping scoop of whey protein
3 Table spoons of vanilla yogurt
1 Dose of Creatine
1 Dose of Lucine
Mix in a blender (Before you go to the gym)
Chug it within 10 minutes after your workout.
Works for me.
Taste good too.
gotta meet that crucial anabolic window!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No need for carbs post workout. Carbs post workout are detrimental no matter how much the companies that sell post workout products tell you you need carbs post workout. So many people fall for this bogus marketing it is hilarious.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
unless ur completely depleting glyco storages, which most do not

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Carbs postworkout are not detrimental; they're just not more beneficial that at any other time of day.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Great advice. Personally I use loseit and find it an excellent tool.

sae2110

sae2110

Awards
Great advice. Personally I use loseit and find it an excellent tool.
Thanks all credit goes to the vets on here that steered me that way. Forgot to mention that anabolic window.....VERY true. Plus now i I forget to eat post gym, my body lets me know. Good advice!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Thanks all credit goes to the vets on here that steered me that way. Forgot to mention that anabolic window.....VERY true. Plus now i I forget to eat post gym, my body lets me know. Good advice!
i was being sarcastic, wether you chug a shake or eat a pwo meal its irrelevant as long as you meet your macro goals

sae2110

sae2110

Awards
i was being sarcastic, wether you chug a shake or eat a pwo meal its irrelevant as long as you meet your macro goals
Hahaha yeah I figured, I just get hungry after working out/running/anything physical really.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha yeah I figured, I just get hungry after working out/running/anything physical really.
Truth. Hence why I like me some carbs post-workout ;) Just sayin.