Mixing whey, creatine and glutamine

  1. Registered User
    AH15AH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    31

    Mixing whey, creatine and glutamine


    Hi,

    I tried to search for so many threads regarding this subject but couldn't find a convincing one!
    I will describe the below case and I'm sure I'll get the desired reply:

    Morning:
    1scoop whey + 1scoop glutamine mixed with water

    Per-workout:
    2 scoops jack 3d mixed with water

    Post workout: both shakes are taken instantly:
    1scoop whey + 1scoop glutamine mixed with water
    1scoop creatine mixed with water

    I am taking creatine separately because I have been told at the gym it's better that way.

    Questions:

    1- is what I'm taken ok the way it is? Morning pre and post workout? Any better suggestion?
    2- can I mix in the post workout phase all 3 ingredients together? Or keep taking them separately
    3- should I take in the post or knout phase both shakes instantly after workout or wait a specific moment?

    Thank you very much,
    Assaad

  2. Registered User
    MrMarc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,933
    Rep Power
    75844

    You can mix all 3. Glutamine, whey and creatine. Other then that looks good and simple, If its working for you stick with it, but you can mix all 3.
  3. Registered User
    UncleWade's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    250370

    Glutamine supplementation has been found to have no benefits in a weightlifting context, so if you're seeking ergogenic benefits such as enhanced recovery after working out, your faith in free-form glutamine is misplaced. In a general health context, it may be more useful but I find it a waste of money.

    I also believe there are many other better preworkouts than Jack3d available - please use stimulants responsibly. People using ridiculous amounts of 1,3 DMAA are why we can't have nice things.

    As far as mixing whey protein and creatine goes, it is not of concern. You can mix them. Additionally, nutrient timing is, I feel, mostly irrelevant. Take your protein or creatine shake at your convenience as part of meeting your daily macronutrient goals.

    Take 3-5g of creatine monohydrate per day (based on your bodyweight) at your convenience, whenever you feel like. You don't need an insulin spike, you don't need to cycle, you don't need to load. I use SNS creatine monohydrate because it's high quality, undergoes third-party testing for every batch, and is insanely cheap for 1200g (240+ servings).
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

    iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade
    Glutamine supplementation has been found to have no benefits in a weightlifting context, so if you're seeking ergogenic benefits such as enhanced recovery after working out, your faith in free-form glutamine is misplaced. In a general health context, it may be more useful but I find it a waste of money.

    I also believe there are many other better preworkouts than Jack3d available - please use stimulants responsibly. People using ridiculous amounts of 1,3 DMAA are why we can't have nice things.

    As far as mixing whey protein and creatine goes, it is not of concern. You can mix them. Additionally, nutrient timing is, I feel, mostly irrelevant. Take your protein or creatine shake at your convenience as part of meeting your daily macronutrient goals.

    Take 3-5g of creatine monohydrate per day (based on your bodyweight) at your convenience, whenever you feel like. You don't need an insulin spike, you don't need to cycle, you don't need to load. I use SNS creatine monohydrate because it's high quality, undergoes third-party testing for every batch, and is insanely cheap for 1200g (240+ servings).
    It's funny you say that. I was just researching the glutamate issue today oddly enough. I found mixed results, but more so in favor of glut amine use specifically in powerlifting. I do believe, however, that some people are glutamate non responders. lol
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. Registered User
    th3futur3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    809
    Rep Power
    4890

    Mix it! Don't be scurred!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  6. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    goose creek, sc
    Posts
    9,348
    Rep Power
    2545564

    its been foretold that glut and creat fight for the same receptor, whether its true or not i really dont know, i personally dont believe in the glut hype....creatine does not have to be taken post fyi, but none the less what your currently doing is just fine...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  7. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,441
    Rep Power
    5913432

    glutamate =/= glutamine

    The only relevant scenario in which I'd recommend glutamine is when someone has been deeply hypocaloric (i.e. pre-contest).
  8. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,441
    Rep Power
    5913432

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    its been foretold that glut and creat fight for the same receptor, whether its true or not i really dont know, i personally dont believe in the glut hype....creatine does not have to be taken post fyi, but none the less what your currently doing is just fine...
    No glutamate or creatine receptors.
  9. Registered User
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    19615

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    No glutamate or creatine receptors.
    I have discovered that when people say receptor half the time they mean intestinal transporter.
  10. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,441
    Rep Power
    5913432

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    I have discovered that when people say receptor half the time they mean intestinal transporter.
    Heh you're probably right. Soon we'll have whey protein receptors.
  11. Registered User
    th3futur3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    809
    Rep Power
    4890

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Heh you're probably right. Soon we'll have whey protein receptors.
    Eggplant Parmesan receptors.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by th3futur3 View Post
    Eggplant Parmesan receptors.
    make it chicken parm, and I will back the study
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  13. Registered User
    th3futur3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    809
    Rep Power
    4890

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    make it chicken parm, and I will back the study
    Chicken parm needs not receptors because thy chicken is receptorless...eggplants have no brains so they need receptors...it's science bro. Read a book.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Glutamine & Creatine
    By shotdead42 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. Creatine and Glutamine? ZMA and Protein?
    By fireoverture in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:54 PM
  3. pre-mixing creatine?
    By davisville64 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in