Please Critique My Routine?!!

mackspear

Awards
So Im a college student, im 19, about 6ft., 170 pounds. My goal is to decrease my body fat percentage from what i believe to be around 12%-13% percent to around 8%-10%. And I would like to to do so by achieving and maintaining a good amount of lean muscle (and possibly even gaining a little mass).

It dawned on me today, as I rationed out my daily supplements, that i am currently ingesting a good amount of pills and will be for about the next four weeks or so. Hence, I decided to make this post for a little feedback on my daily regiments and workouts. My day to day schedule is as follows: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, wake up at 9 am, take two Oxy Elite Pro, one Lean xtreme, two DCP, and one One A Day vitamins. Then for breakfast I usually have a pre packaged bowl of Smart Start with skim milk, a banana, and maybe 12 oz of black coffee. Might have a tigers milk in between class at 1130, then lunch at one. For lunch, I take two more DCP, and 1 Lean xtreme. What I eat varies from: spinach salads with some veggies and maybe chicken; a wheat bread sandwhich (daves killer sprout bread), turkey, provalone, salami, spinach bell peppers, tomato, banana peppers, no sauce; brown rice, black beans, chicken or something like chicken curry: most kinda of red sauce pasta; daves killer break grilled cheese w/turkey and tomato tuscan soup: and thats the bulk of my meals for both lunch and dinner (give or a take a few variotons + other random campus foods). I stay away from most junk foods for the most part, and try replace sweets with fruit.. but I am still a teenager, so naturally I slip up on occasion.

Tuesday/Thursday: Wake up anywhere from 10-12, resume regular regiment with slightly later offset.

I try to workout 5 days a week, but now and then I may skip a day and make it up on the weekend, or occasionally consider my daily amount of walking/activity was enough to supplement cardio that day. Other wise I lift and run every other day, with mostly treadmill running for about 3 miles a day averaging around 25 mins and weights for about an hour and a half or so. I take 4 Kre alkalyn each day, 2 pre and post workout. Currently I am trying out an alternating 2-day German workout:

Day One
1A//
DEADLIFT
Sets: 3 Reps 8-10 Tempo: 4-0-1-0
Stand with your feet between hip- and shoulder-width apart and your toes turned out slightly. Grab the bar so your hands are just outside your knees. Keeping your lower back in its natural arch, drive your heels into the floor and pull the bar up along your shins until you're standing with hips fully extended and the bar in front of your thighs.

1B//
1 1/2 NEUTRAL-GRIP DUMBBELL BENCH PRESS
Sets: 3 Reps: 8-10 Tempo: 3-0-2-0
Lie faceup on a bench with a dumbbell in each hand. Turn your wrists so your palms face each other. Press the weights over your your chest and lower them back down. Come back up a quarter of the way, and then down again. Now press to lockout once more. That's one rep. Take three seconds to lower the weights from the lockout position and two seconds when pressing to lockout.

2A//
BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUAT
Sets: 3 Reps: 8-10 (each side) Tempo: 3-1-1-0
Hold a dumbbell in each hand and rest the top of your right foot on a bench behind you. Lower your body until your rear knee nearly touches, and four front thigh is parallel to the floor.

2B//
INVERTED ROW
Sets: 3 Reps: 10-12 Tempo: 2-0-1-1
Set a barbell in a power rack (or use a Smith machine) at about hip weight. Lie underneath it and grab it with your hands about shoulder-width apart. Hang from the bar so your body forms a straight line. Pull yourself up until your sternum touches the bar.

3A//
DIP
Sets: 3 Reps: 10-12 Tempo: 3-1-1-0
Suspend yourself over the bars of a dip station and lower your body until your upper arms are parallel to the floor.

3B//
SEATED INCLINE DUMBBELL CURL

Sets: 3 Reps: 10-12 Tempo: 4-0-1-0
Set and adjustable bench to an angle and sit back against it with a dumbbell in each hand. Curl the weights to shoulder height without allowing your elbows to drift in front of your shoulders.

4//
SWISS BALL ROLLOUT
Sets: 3 Reps: 10-15 Tempo: 2-0-2-0
Kneel on the floor and rest your forearms on a Swiss ball. Keeping your core braced, roll the ball forward so your arms are extended. Stop before your lower back begins to sag. Roll yourself back.

Printable Page PDF Document

Day Two
1A//
FRONT SQUAT
Sets: 3 Reps: 8-10 Tempo: 3-1-1-0

Set a barbell on a power rack at about shoulder height. Grab the bar with a cross grip and raise your elbows until your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Take the bar out of the rack so it's resting on the fronts of your shoulders—as long as your elbows stay up, you'll be able to balance the bar. Squat as low as you can with out losing the arch in your lower back.

1B//
NEUTRAL-GRIP CHIN-UP
Sets: 3 Reps: 8-10 Tempo: 4-0-1-0
Hang froma chin-up bar with handles so your palms are facing each other (if you have only a straight bar, hook a V-grip cable handle over it). Then pull yourself up intil your chin is over it.

2A//
ROMANIAN DEADLIFT
Sets: 3 Reps: 8-10 Tempo: 3-1-1-0
Hold a barbell with a shoulder-width grip and bend hour hips back as har as you can. Allow your knees to bend as needed while you lower the bar along your shins without letting it hit the ground. Keep your lower back arched and your chest up throughout.

2B//
INCLINE NEUTRAL-GRIP
BENCH PRESS

Sets: 3 Reps: 10-12
Tempo: 3-1-1-0
Set an adjustable bench to a 30- to 45-degree angle and lie back on it with a dumbbell in each hand. Turn your wrists so your palms face each other. Press the weights straight over your chest.

3A//
SEATED ZOTTMAN CURL
Sets: 3 Reps: 10-12 Tempo: 3-0-2-0
Hold a dumbbell in each hand and sit down on a bench with a back rest. Curl the weights up and then rotate your wrists so your palms face the floor. Slowly lower your arms back to the starting position.

3B//
DECLINE TRICEPS EXTENSION
Sets: 3 Reps: 10-12 Tempo: 4-0-1-0
Set and adjustable bench to a slight decline and lie down holding a dumbbell in each hand. Press the weights overhead and then bend your elbows so you lower them behind your head. Keeping your upper arms stationary, extend your elbows to lockout.

4//
HALF-KNEELING CABLE CHOP
Sets: 3 Reps: 8-10 (each side) Tempo: 3-0-1-0
Attach a rope handle to the top pulley of a cable station. Get into a lunge position, resting your right knee on the floor. Pull the cable diagonally downward to your right side.

I stick with it for the most part, give or take a couple lifts, and I add more abdominal in at the end. Any feedback at all on my day to day, like improvements, do's or dont's, and helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
So you are doing full body workouts 5 days a week and only two day cycles? There is so much information on this page it makes it hard to read.

I don't like training full body at all. Not enough time for me to recover properly, but since you are only doing one workoout per bodypart I don't see the point. Maybe this style is not my cup of tea, but I think it would be better to train 4 days a week and focus on areas like Back&Biceps, Chect&Triceps, etc.,etc.

Diet and Cardio are the keys to weightloss as well. Eat Lean and eat Clean my friend.

But elaborate more on your training philosophy please.