GLA - AnabolicMinds.com

GLA

1. New Member

GLA

I don't remember where i read this so maybe someone could tell me if its true and supply me with some viable source of info on it. I recall reading that someone was using 2-3 grams of gla at bedtime as a nonstimulant fatburner. How would this be effective and has anyone given it a try.
    thanks in advance for your responses!

2. New Member

Bump
  3. New Member

I've heard of CLA as a fat-burner, but never anything about GLA. All I know about GLA is that its an Omega-6 and there's some in my fish/flax/borage caps.
    •   

4. New Member

I have tried cla at high dosages with no success, also i remember reading at avantlabs that it causes insulin sensitivity issues.
    thanks for your response anyways.
    anyone else with any info on the GLA.
  5. Senior Member

I've heard of people using GLA/R-ALA in a kind of anarchy stack actually. I think Fonz talks about this on another board.

Also, I found that CLA helps more in keeping off new fat while gaining... I don't know if it's really a fat burner though. I used 4-5g with larger meals, so the daily dosage was sometimes around 12-15.
  6. New Member

I can't really warrent spending that much money for a little fat prevention on cla.
    as for fonz, from what i have read at a few boards the general concenses is he is a shady bastard. has anyone else heard of any one using gla
    as always thanks to all those that reply
  7. Senior Member

Yes, I know CLA is kind of expensive which the underlying reason why people don't like it.

180g for $17
    http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=35

About Fonz... I guess I should have added "take this for what it's worth." There's a thread there on GLA, and it's not only Fonz talking about it. I just thought it might help.
  8. New Member

Much appreciated
    what board is this thread on as i am very interested in this. it would be great to have something that raises the metabolism while you sleep.
  9. Senior Member

I'll send you a PM. The (old) comments from that board say to take 2-3g GLA solo at bedtime, and that it's a non-stimulative thermogenic.

(this leads to a) reduction in PGE2 levels, therefore shifting the prostaglandin spectrum to the PGF2A side, ultimately boostin lipolysis NON-STIMULATIVELY.
    It will also lower Blood Glucose levels slightly(not like R-ALA so you don't get hypo), therefore lowering insulin and increasing FFA breakdown and burning(My opinion is that this is a direct consequence of BAT thermogenesis caused by the pGF2A).

Also, remember that prostaglandins are always produced at a 1:1 ratio, so by reducing PGE2 via GLA you increase overral PGF2A:total prostaglandin level differential.

Its not much.....maybe 3-4% increase in BMR but it makes a BIG difference when you're sub 10% BF and trying to drop further
    down ther BF ladder.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 07:54 PM
  2. GLA + Endothil-Cr= Amazing stack?
    By Socrates44 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 01:25 PM