How to Construct a Basic Supplement Stack

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Great thread here if anyone is looking to start out this is where they should start out. I think AOR puts out the best multivitamin with Controlled Labs coming in a close second. Lately I switched to Genomyx Krill Oil from using Nutraplanets bulk.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Great thread here if anyone is looking to start out this is where they should start out. I think AOR puts out the best multivitamin with Controlled Labs coming in a close second. Lately I switched to Genomyx Krill Oil from using Nutraplanets bulk.
    You find Krill better than plain old Fish Oil??
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta
    You find Krill better than plain old Fish Oil??
    Absolutely. I still have some old krillipid laying around, but my supply is down to only a couple bottles. I bought 2 dozen for me and family when I new RPN wasnt gonna be making it anymore.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Absolutely. I still have some old krillipid laying around, but my supply is down to only a couple bottles. I bought 2 dozen for me and family when I new RPN wasnt gonna be making it anymore.
    In what way is it better than regular Fish Oil??

  5. Just curious because I've been taking fish oil for years now.
    •   
       


  6. They are VERY different. Fish oil carries the benefits of epa/dha; krill oil has other benefits associated with astaxanthin and the like.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    They are VERY different. Fish oil carries the benefits of epa/dha; krill oil has other benefits associated with astaxanthin and the like.
    So would a combination of the 2 be worthwhile??

  8. Dear Mr. Cooper

    I see you have not included Superdrol on your list

    Please explain
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

  9. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    So would a combination of the 2 be worthwhile??
    Yes, there is certainly merit in using both. I will be adding to this list shortly. I'd add Krill Oil but it wouldn't be on my next "tier" of staple supplements.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jonbero View Post
    Dear Mr. Cooper

    I see you have not included Superdrol on your list

    Please explain
    5. Superdrol

    Happy?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    5. Superdrol

    Happy?
    The RecoverBros are not pleased of your exclusion of BlackLiver.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    5. Superdrol

    Happy?
    I'm happy

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    5. Superdrol

    Happy?
    I'm so happy you came to your senses!
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

  14. I also think you should've added M1T.. But nobody's perfect.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

  15. sub to read later
    :blindfold:

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    5. Superdrol

    Happy?
    I haven't used a bvit complex in a while. You say 3 times per day you take it? What is the dose per meal? something like a B50?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    I haven't used a bvit complex in a while. You say 3 times per day you take it? What is the dose per meal? something like a B50?
    Jarrow B-Right is what I use when I'm not using Orange Triad. A quality, built-in B-vitamin complex in a multi (like OT) negates the need for further B-complex dosing.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Jarrow B-Right is what I use when I'm not using Orange Triad. A quality, built-in B-vitamin complex in a multi (like OT) negates the need for further B-complex dosing.
    The Jarrow product looks solid I'll pick that up. I have been looking to dose all my vitamins individually like this for a while, I just ran out of my multi last week so this is the best time to give it a go. People start to look at you weird when you pill out a bag with 30 pills in it at a restaurant, though o.O.

  19. The next one on my list will be carnitine salts, specifically ALCAR.

  20. How much epa/dha would the 3gs your recommended for fish oil come out to? I use a liquid product and per 1.5g it has 800mg epa/500mg dha, carlson brand.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    How much epa/dha would the 3gs your recommended for fish oil come out to? I use a liquid product and per 1.5g it has 800mg epa/500mg dha, carlson brand.
    The recommendation was for 3g combined epa/dha (daily plasma saturation). This dosing scheme is dependent on your goals. Lipid peroxidation can occur at doses this high if you are highly active, so take that into consideration

  22. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The recommendation was for 3g combined epa/dha (daily plasma saturation). This dosing scheme is dependent on your goals. Lipid peroxidation can occur at doses this high if you are highly active, so take that into consideration
    Lipid peroxidation? I looked it up. Does this happen regardless of the high dose fish oil?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Lipid peroxidation? I looked it up. Does this happen regardless of the high dose fish oil?
    Nope, stuff like this generally happens at higher doses (such as how antioxidants often go pro-oxidant if dosed too high or around exercise).

  24. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Nope, stuff like this generally happens at higher doses (such as how antioxidants often go pro-oxidant if dosed too high or around exercise).
    I compete in powerlifting and train using the westside method. Would that be considred highly active? Thus Id be smart to not dose that high?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    I compete in powerlifting and train using the westside method. Would that be considred highly active? Thus Id be smart to not dose that high?
    Post a sample routine and how often you do it weekly

  26. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Post a sample routine and how often you do it weekly
    m-me lower
    t-off
    w-me upper
    th-off
    f-de lower
    sat-de upper
    sun-off

    me lower
    gpp-sled pulls for 3 200 meter laps
    Suspeded Goodmorning-work up to a 1rm
    GHRs-3-5 sets of 5-12 reps
    reverse hypers-3-4 sets of 10-15 reps
    standing cable crunches-3-4 sets of 5-12 reps

    me upper
    gpp-sled rows and face pulls w/ med ball wall and floor slams, 2 laps/sets
    Floor Press w/ 60lbs of chain-work up to a 1rm
    kroc rows
    rolling tricep ext-3-5 sets of 10-15 reps
    pullaparts+neck work-100 total

    de lower
    gpp-slep pushed 3 200 meter laps
    de box squat w/ chain-12 sets of 2
    de speed pulls w/ bands-6 sets of 1
    banded leg curls-100 total reps
    suitcase deadlifts-3 sets of 5

    de upper
    gpp-tire flips
    de bench w/ chains-9 sets of 3
    sohp-3 sets of 5 in the 85% range
    jm press-3-5 sets of 10
    iso hammer high rows+rear delt raises-30-50 total reps of each
    neck work

  27. Doesn't look unreasonable. I'd dose 2-3g epa/dha on off days and 500-800mg on training days

  28. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Doesn't look unreasonable. I'd dose 2-3g epa/dha on off days and 500-800mg on training days
    Thanks ill do that.

  29. Bump.

    Looking forward to your reviews on ALCAR and others.

    And what about Agmatine and Citrulline Malate?

  30. BUMP!!!! I was debating going over some basic bulk supps that have worked wonders for me but due to lack of time and remembering the info in this one, a good ol bump should do!!!
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Help Construct Dermacrine PCT plz!
    By freefall365 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 04:57 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 03:29 AM
  3. basic stack
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 04:32 PM
  4. which basic cutting stack??
    By Korben in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 12:54 PM
  5. Most basic CL stack?
    By chickenadobo in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 05:09 AM
Log in
Log in