Beat supp herbal or other (non narcotic) for increased neuro activity

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Kinda silly that what got me thinking of this is the fact I just watched "Limitless" this afternoon but it got me thinking about how I can improve my mind, memory/mental capacity/thought process and all around feeling of well being through supplementation.

A little background history as to why I feel I require such. I had a severe closed head injury about 7 or 8 years back and i feel it's diminished my mental capacity and ability to handle stress among other things. I experience frequent short term memory loss and lose words,jumble my speech at times during the simplest of conversation. My ability to multi task is for shît to say the least and focus is crap as well unless I'm doing something dangerous with adrenalin pumping through my veins. All in all like the character in the film I just watched I have a hard time connecting A to B to form Completion in my now natural state of mind. After my accident, I was put on anti depressants as many are after these kinda things to control the changes in mood and other mental states while re adjusting and healing. I have not been on medication (Prozac) for 3 years now and strongly against the idea of taking it or anything that only masks the problem rather then helping solve it. Not only that they tend to have strong sexual side effects among others that can eventually be damaging to a relationship and has been in the past. I've tried taking things like gingko and a couple others to no avail. They just don't seem to make noticeable changes. Maybe it's quality or quantity of dosing but I usually follow labeled instructions.

Kinda personal to throw out there IMO but screw it. We're all here to gain knowledge on self improvement , why not for the mind as well? My recent heart attack (caused by stress)just goes to show that the body can be as strong as a bull and fit but if the thing upstairs running it isn't tuned right, it can shut you down like a switch. Or at least give you a sign like mine did saying "hey buddy you need to maintain your brain over here too or were all goin down!"

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Clear Edge Renewed is in formulation, and will change the game in regards to focus/neural activity supplementation. Shouldn't be too much longer now for beta testing!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Clear Edge Renewed is in formulation, and will change the game in regards to focus/neural activity supplementation. Shouldn't be too much longer now for beta testing!
Is this a PWO or a daily supp? Are you a rep?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this a PWO or a daily supp? Are you a rep?
Can be both. It was popular back when Matt ( dsade) first brought it out under the RPN banner. Honestly it was the first product I thought of when I read your thread.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Can be both. It was popular back when Matt ( dsade) first brought it out under the RPN banner. Honestly it was the first product I thought of when I read your thread.

is it stim free? And if so is there any write up available being a new or revamped product?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it stim free? And if so is there any write up available being a new or revamped product?
Yes, it's stim free. Though the formula might change with the new Genomyx release (stop by their forum and ask them about it ), here is the old write up:

Clear Edge™ is a stimulant-free, scientifically-advanced energy and mental focus formula designed specifically for those that participate in activities that require full concentration for extended periods of time. Clear Edge contains an advanced blend of new and exciting ingredients that can help increase mental and physical energy, improve focus and short term memory, decrease reaction time, eliminate fatigue, and lessen stress.

Label Information

Directions:

Take 3-6 caps per day. Use 3 caps every 4-6 hours on days of stressful events.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 3 capsules

Servings per Container: 40

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Propionyl-L-Carnitine

350 mg **

Bacopa Monnieri 50 mg **

Glucuronolactone 250 mg **

Vinpocetine 5 mg **

Huperzine A (5%) 250 mcg **

Taurine 100 mg **

CDP-Choline 125 mg **

L-Tyrosine 250 mg **

Choline Citrate 100 mg **

Ginkgo Biloba 30 mg **

L-Pyroglutamate 300 mg **

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Awesome , sounds promising. I definitely check this out. Thanx alot! :)

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
This was a great supplement. I took full advantage when they went on sale for a few bucks per bottle. Picked up a few cases. All are long gone now. Excited to see the new formula will be returning.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
That looks like a very good product. I've had great success using 2g ALCAR w/200mg ALA first thing in the morning. Followed by 4 caps of NOW Ultra Omega 3 fish oil daily. You can also use a choline source preferably Alpha-GPC. All the others that are in that product I would add as needed.

Dumpenady

Awards
I would try:

acetylcysteine - strong antioxidant, and your brain might still be recovering, dealing with oxidative damage (together with vit c)
acetyl-l-carnitine - has a positive effect on neurotransmitters, improves metabolism in the brain, helps with focus (will also help your heart)
Alpha lipoic acid
a good high dose b-complex with choline - numerous benifical effects for the brain, from neural improvements to neurotransmitter improvements
high dose methylcobalamine - improves nerve insulation
beta-alanine / curcumin (only longvida curcumin, its the only one thats been proven to cross the bbb and stay in the brain for quite some time) / lots of high intensity cardio - all 3 help the brain to get into an "anabolic" state. well your brain won't grow in size, lol... but any changes to your brain will be accelerated.

Those supps may be helpful your condition. Oh yea... and you should really be practicing mind games A LOT (there are some cool ones for android out there, aequalis, and memory trainer being my favorites)... to increase the recovery rate of the affected areas in your brain. This together with those supps will most certainly have a synergistic effect.

also: Alpha lipoic acid and vitamin e (choose a product with mixed tocopherols):
"ALA and vitamin E have shown synergistic effects against lipid peroxidation by oxidant radicals in several pathological conditions, such as thromboembolic stroke model in rats from neurological functions, glial reactivity, and neuronal remodeling."

You should also supplement the basic building blocks of your brain in form of omega 3 fatty acids, lethicine etc.

There might be more, but thats what I can think of right now that I would combine asap to kickstart my brain if I had your condition.

Before I forget it, eat enough carbs, best complex ones, so the brain ALWAYS has enough energy.

And of course stay away from any neurotoxins (alcohol, drugs..)

Keep us informed and good luck...

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the suggestions, going to try these things for sure

. i just realized I misspelled the title of the thread, was supposed to say best not beat!