D-aspartic acid and Sodium d-aspartic difference?

pectus

Awards
I've searched all the web without having a definitve answer.

Basically it seems that DAA bulk products are D Aspartic acid.
Others products are Sudium d-aspartic acid.

I understand than the Sodium one is more soluble, but it seem that feedbacks from people using DAA in Bulk are less "Enthusiast" than the ones that uses the sodium D-aspartatic form.

SOmeone says that you have to use more (even 2 x) DAA bulk to have the same effect, someone says that it needed only to add some Bi-carbonate of sodium to the bulk DAA powder to have the same effect, someone says to use more water (even 1000 ml for 3g of Bulk DAA), someone says that the bulk DAA is in real "only" L- aspartic form, someone says to puth in mouth and drink a glasss of water only.
I'm lost.
Someone says that the DAA Bulk it's tooo acid to be absorbed by the body, someone says that they are the same.
Soeone says to warm the water to be used to let it go in solution, someone says that it need to be ice-cold.
I repeat: I'm lost.

JoeHT

Awards
I've used both and didn't notice much difference - both being effective. These days I prefer SNS Sodium DAA since it is cheap. I alway take it with warm water on empty stomach about 1/2 before breakfast

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're making it too complicated by listening to 'some people'...Bulk DAA works great for some...some notice Sodium DAA (which was used in the human studies) works better than bulk...some prefer TestForce2 which is D-Aspartic acid (as D-Aspartate Calcium Chelate) & there's a host of other DAA supps out...there's no concerns about bulk DAA being nothing but L-aspartic acid, provided you buy from a reputable company.
Take 3g/day, either all at one time or split up...either by putting the powder in water or mixing it with a protein or preWO shake...or just by dumping it your mouth and chasing it with water...or use a capped DAA product...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Keep in mind there are solubility differences.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only pure DAA supplement i have used is TCF 1 and its the bomb

pectus

Awards
Keep in mind there are solubility differences.
...Yes, this is concerning me...and what/how the solubilty will change the absorption.
If I need to injest 1full Liter of water with 3 g of DAA (bulk) and this optimize the absorption... I'd do.
But.. obviously is not so easy to drink 1 full Liter when (instead) with a sodium d-aspartate you need only 150ml for the complete solution.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
SNS sells Sodium D-aspartic Acid capsules. Cheap, convenient, and each bottle lasts 45 days.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok about the fact is a "bomb" but TCF 1 is SODIUM D-aspartate.
which is what i prefer. if you were referencing to when i said pure DAA product, i was meaning the product only contains DAA in it. many other products like Lit Up, Recourse have DAA in them but also have other ingredients.

Dumpenady

Awards
Studies were done with the sodium form... there is much less (if any?) stomach upset with the sodium form... and if you take it bulk, you will not ruin your teeth with the sodium form... so where is the point in taking any other form? :06:
And yea DDA + sodium bicarbonate will produce the sodium form of dda, perfect for those who have bulk d-aspartic acid.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Studies were done with the sodium form... there is much less (if any?) stomach upset with the sodium form... and if you take it bulk, you will not ruin your teeth with the sodium form... so where is the point in taking any other form? :06:
And yea DDA + sodium bicarbonate will produce the sodium form of dda, perfect for those who have bulk d-aspartic acid.

good post

pectus

Awards
which is what i prefer. if you were referencing to when i said pure DAA product, i was meaning the product only contains DAA in it. many other products like Lit Up, Recourse have DAA in them but also have other ingredients.
Yes, now I better understand on what you were referring to "pure DAA".

pectus

Awards
SNS sells Sodium D-aspartic Acid capsules. Cheap, convenient, and each bottle lasts 45 days.
I'd like to buy SNS or others product containing Sodium D-aspartic Acid, but I'm in Europe and ordering nutrition integration is always a nightmare ....due to custom restrictions..

In addition I have a 400 g of DAA from a friend, so it's stupid to not use it.
I'm only trying to understand the differences and the effectiveness in both.

pectus

Awards
So are you telling that DAA + sodium bicarbonate will produce the sodium form of daa? Is there some proportion to follow? (not that I want to discover industrial secrets... LOL)
Tell me if I correct understand (english is not my main language). Are you saying that one can (maybe..) upset stomach and the other can ruin teeth for the sodium content, so you are basically saying that both have pros and cons ?

BTW, I put half of a teaspoon of pure sodium bicarbonate in a solution of 3,5g of DAA and 500-600 ml of water. Some bulk (very little quantity) powder is always in the bottom of the big glass, but when I put the sodium bicarbonate it had an effervescent fizzy effect.
When drank the wole solution it was very smilar to mineral sparkling water ... just a bit sour like if it was with something similar to citric acid.

Dumpenady

Awards
DAA is acidic, with addition of sodium bicarbonate DAA becomes less acidic, even neutral, depending on the dosage. High acidity means tooth enamel damage(long term), and heartburn for some, so the less acid the better. I don't know of any problems with the sodium form especially. You can trial and error the right DAA to sodium bicarbonate ratio: If it tastes salty, you added too much sodium bicarbonate, if it tastes still too acidic, you used not enough. If the ratio is right, it tastes fresh. I use aprox. 800mg-1g for 3g of DAA. Might not be the optimal ratio though.

pectus

Awards
DAA is acidic, with addition of sodium bicarbonate DAA becomes less acidic, even neutral, depending on the dosage. High acidity means tooth enamel damage(long term), and heartburn for some, so the less acid the better. I don't know of any problems with the sodium form especially. You can trial and error the right DAA to sodium bicarbonate ratio: If it tastes salty, you added too much sodium bicarbonate, if it tastes still too acidic, you used not enough. If the ratio is right, it tastes fresh. I use aprox. 800mg-1g for 3g of DAA. Might not be the optimal ratio though.
...and yes, lowering acidity (raising PH ) the solubility will be better. Is not the solubility a function of the PH?
more acid (example PH = 3 ) = less solubility.
more near to neutral (example PH = 6,5 ) = better solubility.
Thanks for your help! At least now I know there is someone using Bulk DAA with added sodium bicarbonate like me.

Dumpenady

Awards
I would not be too concerned with solubility, at least I like to think that anything gets dissolved good enough somewhere inside my system. But I might be wrong. Yea, you're not alone... ;)

pectus

Awards
Just a last question to you. When I mix sodium BiCarbonate (pure sodium bicarbonate) with bulk DAA and when I add water I have a fizz bubble reaction from the solution..
Is the same for you?

I found that 1g of sodium bicarbonate seems good with about 4 g od bulk DAA.