Best supplements for mass and strength for a 15 yr old male

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0

    Red face Best supplements for mass and strength for a 15 yr old male


    Hello Everyone- I'm trying to get information on the best product out there for my son. He is 15 years old and a Freshman in high school. He will be starting defensive end on the varsity football team this fall if we can get some weight on him. He is currently 6'1 and about 194 lbs he would like to be at about 220 by the time football season starts. He is currently taking 2 protein shakes a day (true-mass), he takes a preworkout (Jack3d). He is working out three times a week 5 days a week and two times a week on the weekends. Suggestions to gain strength would be appreciated also.

  2. Registered User
    JonRubio's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    814
    Answers
    0


    Creatine Monohydrate and more calories.
  3. Registered User
    Diesel0022's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    404
    Answers
    0


    Pretty much this.

    I personally am not a fan of weight gainers, whole foods do alot more than any supplement.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Answers
    0


    at 15?

    food and strict form when lifting..
  5. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    He is currently taking in about 4,000 calories a day. Any specific high calorie diet that you can recommend?
  6. Registered User
    Diesel0022's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    404
    Answers
    0


    Thats quite a high calorie intake. He is going to gain a good amount of fat on that high of a intake.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
  7. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    He is working out three times a day. Early a.m. he does weight lifting, 5th period (mid-day) they alternate strength and speed workouts and p.m. workout consist of cardio, and plyometrics for his foot work so his workout schedule is burning most of it.
  8. Registered User
    The Ripped's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0


    Well for a 15 year old the best thing to do (safeness wise) is stick to the protien, perferibly Nitro Isolate which is the purest protien on the market 65g of protien per serving. If anything have him take glutamine its kinda like kre alkalyn but better. And jacked has alot of caffine and sugar and has a decent amount of creatine in it which cause water weight, a better pre workout would be Xpand whihc is my favorite.
  9. Registered User
    laserbluess's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Answers
    0


    someone's looking forward to their son's NFL paycheck.
  10. Registered User
    Diesel0022's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    404
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by The Ripped View Post
    Well for a 15 year old the best thing to do (safeness wise) is stick to the protien, perferibly Nitro Isolate which is the purest protien on the market 65g of protien per serving. If anything have him take glutamine its kinda like kre alkalyn but better. And jacked has alot of caffine and sugar and has a decent amount of creatine in it which cause water weight, a better pre workout would be Xpand whihc is my favorite.
    Thats horrible information.

    First, purest protein, that doesnt mean anything. Dozens of companies have pure sources. Second, dont compare glutamine and kre-alkalyn, one is a amino acid and the other is creatine. They have completely different processes in the body. And Jack3d has DMAA which yields the energy.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
  11. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Nope just want a college education for him.
  12. Registered User
    oogaly_boogal's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,524
    Answers
    0


    What the hell is going on these days......

    Anyways as someone that starting lifting at 11 years old I can honestly say he needs to stick to the basics.

    Protein, food, proper form and sleep.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
  13. Registered User
    BPjohn123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,952
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by The Ripped View Post
    Well for a 15 year old the best thing to do (safeness wise) is stick to the protien, perferibly Nitro Isolate which is the purest protien on the market 65g of protien per serving. If anything have him take glutamine its kinda like kre alkalyn but better. And jacked has alot of caffine and sugar and has a decent amount of creatine in it which cause water weight, a better pre workout would be Xpand whihc is my favorite.
    Says the guy who takes steriods at 17..lol

    65 g protein shake is a waste
    glutamine is not kinda like kre alkayln


    Eat lots, train and get sleep.
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  14. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,250
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal View Post
    What the hell is going on these days......

    Anyways as someone that starting lifting at 11 years old I can honestly say he needs to stick to the basics.

    Protein, food, proper form and sleep.
    Thank you. I cringe at posts telling young kids to take any supplements. I read some of these threads and just hope that everyone in it says nothing but lift, eat, sleep.
  15. Registered User
    D2footballjrc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,735
    Answers
    0


    Best supplement for the kid.

    Pre Workout: Quick Oats
    Post Workout: Whole Milk

    Protein: Chicken and lean steaks

    Sleep 8-9 hours a day.

    Pick up heavy items and put them down.

    Profit in muscles!!
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--
  16. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    Best supplement for the kid.

    Pre Workout: Quick Oats
    Post Workout: Whole Milk

    Protein: Chicken and lean steaks

    Sleep 8-9 hours a day.

    Pick up heavy items and put them down.

    Profit in muscles!!
    So at what age do you suggest him using supplements?
  17. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal View Post
    What the hell is going on these days......

    Anyways as someone that starting lifting at 11 years old I can honestly say he needs to stick to the basics.

    Protein, food, proper form and sleep.
    What are you referring to? "What the hell is going on these days"
  18. Registered User
    EarlPo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2
    Answers
    0


    He doesn't need anything else cept to eat. Eggs, chicken, steak and alotta potatoes, pasta, and milk
  19. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EarlPo View Post
    He doesn't need anything else cept to eat. Eggs, chicken, steak and alotta potatoes, pasta, and milk
    Ok sounds good and at what age should he incorporate supplements into this diet?
  20. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,250
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by footballmom View Post
    Ok sounds good and at what age should he incorporate supplements into this diet?
    After he is 18 and even then it shouldn't be counted on except for an edge. Are you really his mom or are you his agent?
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,135
    Answers
    1


    food and rest, at 15 supplements arent yet for you
  22. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    After he is 18 and even then it shouldn't be counted on except for an edge. Are you really his mom or are you his agent?
    Your kidding right... I came here for information because I thought I was dealing with intelligent men but I'm beginning to think I was mistaken. If I was his agent I would say the hell with supplements just JUICE him up!!!
  23. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    food and rest, at 15 supplements arent yet for you
    Thank you
  24. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,250
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by footballmom View Post
    Your kidding right... I came here for information because I thought I was dealing with intelligent men but I'm beginning to think I was mistaken. If I was his agent I would say the hell with supplements just JUICE him up!!!
    Yeah right. We are men that actually know what we are talking about and it sounds like you are doing nothing but pushing for one of us to give you a list of supplements to give your child.
  25. Registered User
    UKNoko's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    238
    Answers
    0


    Also, if he's subject to drug testing DMAA in Jack3d can cause trouble.
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html
  26. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by UKNoko
    Also, if he's subject to drug testing DMAA in Jack3d can cause trouble.
    Thank you this is important information. I appreciate it.
  27. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj

    Yeah right. We are men that actually know what we are talking about and it sounds like you are doing nothing but pushing for one of us to give you a list of supplements to give your child.
    My son's well being is more important to me than anything and from most of the information thus so far he doesn't need to be taking anything. At 15 he is still growing so I guess we will wait it out.
  28. Registered User
    lukehayd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,671
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by UKNoko View Post
    Also, if he's subject to drug testing DMAA in Jack3d can cause trouble.
    ^^^ This! Jack3d is a really good pre but at only 15, he should not be using it or any other pre. He is still going through changes with his hormones and other body chemistry. Throwing in something else that is meant to tweak or enhance performance is not a good idea at this time. Wait till his body has settled down before the use of any non-basic supplement and stick to a good multi-vitamin, protein, sleep and a good regimen of lifting. (I know, broken record! LOL!) I am happy to see that you are taking interest in your son's activities and are trying to find legitimate things to help him. I wish you and your son the best of luck.
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
    IRON FLEX SUPPLEMENTS REP SAVE 20% WITH LUKE20 @ IRONFLEXSUPPS.COM
  29. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd

    ^^^ This! Jack3d is a really good pre but at only 15, he should not be using it or any other pre. He is still going through changes with his hormones and other body chemistry. Throwing in something else that is meant to tweak or enhance performance is not a good idea at this time. Wait till his body has settled down before the use of any non-basic supplement and stick to a good multi-vitamin, protein, sleep and a good regimen of lifting. (I know, broken record! LOL!) I am happy to see that you are taking interest in your son's activities and are trying to find legitimate things to help him. I wish you and your son the best of luck.
    Thank you I appreciate the information.
  30. Registered User
    UKNoko's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    238
    Answers
    0


    He could use some additional digestive enzymes and bacteria if he hasn't got yoghurts in his diet and gets problems with GI when consuming 4k kcals. That's lots to process.
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html
  31. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by UKNoko
    He could use some additional digestive enzymes and bacteria if he hasn't got yoghurts in his diet and gets problems with GI when consuming 4k kcals. That's lots to process.
    True but he really hasn't had any issues with that. He drinks a large amount of water daily but I will definitely look into your suggestion if it becomes an issue. Thank you
  32. Registered User
    oogaly_boogal's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,524
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by footballmom View Post
    What are you referring to? "What the hell is going on these days"

    He's 6'1 190 at 15, the kid clearly has superior genetics and should build on them before even touching a supplement. It truly irks me how many young kids put things in their bodies that they simply do not need. I was lucky enough to have a father that didn't allow me to use anything other than protein shakes and puberty.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
  33. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal

    He's 6'1 190 at 15, the kid clearly has superior genetics and should build on them before even touching a supplement. It truly irks me how many young kids put things in their bodies that they simply do not need. I was lucky enough to have a father that didn't allow me to use anything other than protein shakes and puberty.
    He is currently taking protein shakes and jack3d but after some information I have received on this thread he will no longer be using the jack3d. I just didn't know but it sounds like some of the supplements out there are just as harmful for a 15 year old as performance enhancement drugs are to adults. I will continue to let him use the protein shakes but nothing else until he is old enough to make his own decisions. I appreciate your input. Thank you
  34. Registered User
    RZGP's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal View Post
    What the hell is going on these days......

    Anyways as someone that starting lifting at 11 years old I can honestly say he needs to stick to the basics.

    Protein, food, proper form and sleep.
    this
  35. Registered User
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,725
    Answers
    0


    Props to a cool mom looking out for whats best for her son! I was not allowed to play football when I was in high school ! Best of luck to you both!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  36. Registered User
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,904
    Answers
    0


    Does he do any Olympic lifts? I think adding them, atleast cleans or power cleans, can do wonders for an athletes sprint. Especially for the 40yd.
  37. Registered User
    Becks18's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    81
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox
    at 15?

    food and strict form when lifting..
    This and creatine!
  38. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Answers
    0


    For you, considering your 15. You need Calories to be your Number 1 Supp. Everything else is extra....Most kids your age aren't eating the way they should. Get a head-start on them and eat the right way. If your playing a sport or lifting often, eat extra meals and lots of protein. You want to consume the majority of your calories from whole food for developmental benefits. Start here first. Maybe creatine mono would be my only other suggestion
  39. Registered User
    footballmom's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda
    Does he do any Olympic lifts? I think adding them, atleast cleans or power cleans, can do wonders for an athletes sprint. Especially for the 40yd.
    Yes he does many power cleans. That is actually one of his favorites to do. I am not sure what an Olympic lift is.
  40. Registered User
    996ttelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    430
    Answers
    0


    Seriously, using DMAA and hefty caffiene doses at 15. Forget football scholarship as he will be doing crack by 18. No need for stimulates at 15 unless just want a buzz. I had plenty of energy at his age. My 15 year old daughter is Olympic development program soccer, played varsity in 8th grade and played on a high school competitive team since 12 years old. These girls don't drink caffiene and do not eat sugar anywhere close to game time. Encouraging Jack3d at his age means he will start having to get artificially pumped up just to play football. Starting out on wrong foot mom.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. strength supplements
    By D.Rabon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
  3. Supplements for 48yo Male
    By ShakesAllDay in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
  4. Replies: 236
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in