DS Craze Lawsuit and FDA Action

Page 12 of 41 First ... 7101112131417 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I've googled that string and not much substanial information was found...

Besides the fact that it has little to.no effects...

Can you elaborate or give a layman explanation?
    I googled it also and found this.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You trollin brah?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone

It appears then, that this is in close relation to ecstasy?
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
    •   

4. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    that little methyl coming off the carbon next to the nitrogen makes a night and day difference. the compound i found in craze has no such methyl. if it did then mr. cahill would be in a world of trouble!
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    The compound he linked has nothing to do with anything PA mentioned. The sole similarity is the amine between two benzene rings.

EDIT: Jinx
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I find it questionable at best as to why said individuals can't spend more of their time and resources on making something comparable or better, rather than taking away another option for consumers. MAKE SOMETHING BETTER.
    They can only make something better if it also has non-dshea or illegal ingredients in it. It is like a juiced up bodybuilder competing against all natural athletes. Of course the guy on the gear says he isn't taking anything but protein and creatine.....If they don't test the competitors before entering the contest nobody will ever know if he was/is on gear and he has/had an unfair advantage.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

So this jobless guy is just Bruce kneller trolling ds?
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

They can only make something better if it also has non-dshea or illegal ingredients in it. It is like a juiced up bodybuilder competing against all natural athletes. Of course the guy on the gear says he isn't taking anything but protein and creatine.....If they don't test the competitors before entering the contest nobody will ever know if he was/is on gear and he has/had an unfair advantage.
    Right.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I haven't skimmed through this whole thread, but it looks like the substance in question is PEA related? They better not take PEA off the market!!

Designer stims, I could care less about though, but pure PEA is the goods in terms of nootropics.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Angelbolic View Post
    thermolife[.]com/forum/thread3221.html
    LoL holy fawk Kramer can be brutal
    ForeRunner Labs

11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Ouch- that is rough....interesting discussion in general

I agree that the manufacturers really need to do a better job at policing themselves, b/c if the gubment steps in- you haven't seen anything yet- someone made a comparison to Australia, which is probably not too far off from what would end up happening to the industry. Manufacturing would get much more expensive in general, and you would see the cost of most commonly available supplements go through the roof, because current facilities would have to make costly changes just to keep up with the regulations. I also agree that a few bad apples can ruin it for the whole bunch- mislabeling and misbranding products in the industry is not as common as it used to be, but it still happens more than it needs to. Some of it is inadvertent as a result of negligence (improper testing, etc.), but when you get into the realm of deliberately adulterating/misbranding, that is a whole different animal. This aspect of the game terrifies me, because of the potential implications for both end users, and future regulatory intervention.

Not really sure what happened in this case- I will say that things get a lot harder to control when you rely on a contract mfr. for finished product and sourcing your raws- most cos. have no idea of what they are really looking at, of even if there is a problem, often until it is too late....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Ouch- that is rough....interesting discussion in general

I agree that the manufacturers really need to do a better job at policing themselves, b/c if the gubment steps in- you haven't seen anything yet- someone made a comparison to Australia, which is probably not too far off from what would end up happening to the industry. Manufacturing would get much more expensive in general, and you would see the cost of most commonly available supplements go through the roof, because current facilities would have to make costly changes just to keep up with the regulations. I also agree that a few bad apples can ruin it for the whole bunch- mislabeling and misbranding products in the industry is not as common as it used to be, but it still happens more than it needs to. Some of it is inadvertent as a result of negligence (improper testing, etc.), but when you get into the realm of deliberately adulterating/misbranding, that is a whole different animal. This aspect of the game terrifies me, because of the potential implications for both end users, and future regulatory intervention.

Not really sure what happened in this case- I will say that things get a lot harder to control when you rely on a contract mfr. for finished product and sourcing your raws- most cos. have no idea of what they are really looking at, of even if there is a problem, often until it is too late....

Ebonics translation= Don't hate da playa hate da game!
  13. Featured Author
    Answers

i wasnt able to open that link
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Ebonics translation= Don't hate da playa hate da game!
    LOL- as both consumers and manufacturers, we actually want the game to stay like it is right now- like Patrick said, it can get a whole lot worse
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    just cut and paste, and take out the parethesis around [.]com
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

You have to remove the spaces and the []
    ForeRunner Labs

17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

anyone know the substance in question in Craze? Is it the phenylethylamine metabolites/isomers?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Answers

That is some brutal stuff there wow.
    PES Representative
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    anyone know the substance in question in Craze? Is it the phenylethylamine metabolites/isomers?
    No one is sure yet, that is in part the problem.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I'm a little worried that it is, makes sense. That would spell trouble for any PEA products I knew it was only a matter of time though. Saving grace is that PEA on it's own is almost useless, and it is also naturally occurring (pure PEA, even thought it's a chem, not an herb), so hopefully it'll be safe.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

believe me, its the wild west in our industry still. maybe not like 5-10 years ago but not that much different. that may change very soon though
    Yeah, I've only been in this 'industry' for ~a year I'd say, like actually in it a year and already seen pH prices triple...
  22. Featured Author
    Answers

I'm a little worried that it is, makes sense. That would spell trouble for any PEA products I knew it was only a matter of time though. Saving grace is that PEA on it's own is almost useless, and it is also naturally occurring (pure PEA, even thought it's a chem, not an herb), so hopefully it'll be safe.
    my guess is that the n-benzyl pea is not really doing much of anything in the formula. still, it is in the formula in substantial amounts and it is not listed on the label. which makes me wonder, why put it in there at all??
  23. Featured Author
    Answers

my guess is that the n-benzyl pea is not really doing much of anything in the formula. still, it is in the formula in substantial amounts and it is not listed on the label. which makes me wonder, why put it in there at all??
    i am pretty sure i see n,n-diethyl pea in the formula too. I dont think this is naturally occuring either, but it is listed on the label

i wouldnt expect that compound to do much of anything either
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Without any form of maob inhibitor, they're basically useless compounds

PEA is naturally occurring neurotransmitter. A lot of nootropics are related to neurotransmitters, I wonder how that industry stays afloat if they are considered unnatural as well (not from plants or herbs). I know l-dopa can be extracted from velvet beans, but I'm unsure of PEA. PEA does break down into dopa though, so maybe that's arguable.
  25. Featured Author
    Answers

without any form of maob inhibitor, they're basically useless compounds

even with a mao b inhibitor would they offer any advantage over regular old pea?
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.
    Answers

I know l-dopa can be extracted from velvet beans, but I'm unsure of PEA.

I thought PEA was in chocolate. Or maybe it was secondary-release from other stuff (trimethylxanthines that cause the brain to release its own PEA?).

Mr. Arnold? Oh, BTW, I still have a few capsules of AMP purchased way back in '05!
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Without any form of maob inhibitor, they're basically useless compounds

PEA is naturally occurring neurotransmitter. A lot of nootropics are related to neurotransmitters, I wonder how that industry stays afloat if they are considered unnatural as well (not from plants or herbs). I know l-dopa can be extracted from velvet beans, but I'm unsure of PEA. PEA does break down into dopa though, so maybe that's arguable.
    I thought if one took enough PEA, one could get a sufficient dose to feel effects as the amount of MAOB to metabolize during first pass is limited. Probably poor word choice, but if take enough, some will get through. I was asking 10 pages back if there is anything in there including Piperidine that would enable more PEA to cross BBB?

I have heard if guys taking huge doses of PEA and snorting PEA report and ampedup amphetamine feeling. I have seen a threshold dose regarding this, just cannot remember the amount. Maybe the amount and different PEAs in Craze is allowing some to get through or by MAOB.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

even with a mao b inhibitor would they offer any advantage over regular old pea?
    No idea, I'm totally unfamiliar with these isomers. Have never seen them before. I tend to stay away from designer substances without any studies behind them.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
    I thought if one took enough PEA, one could get a sufficient dose to feel effects as the amount of MAOB to metabolize during first pass is limited. Probably poor word choice, but if take enough, some will get through. I was asking 10 pages back if there is anything in there including Piperidine that would enable more PEA to cross BBB?

I have heard if guys taking huge doses of PEA and snorting PEA report and ampedup amphetamine feeling. I have seen a threshold dose regarding this, just cannot remember the amount. Maybe the amount and different PEAs in Craze is allowing some to get through or by MAOB.
    It takes about 1 gram of PEA in order to saturate MAOB receptors. A dose of 1.5grams is enough to feel something... but it is widely believed that any dose that goes past saturation, is toxic. (not sure if my wording is right so bare with me, but you get the idea)

Pre-dosing 100-200mg of caffeine is also enough to tie up MAOB in order for PEA to have effect.

I have heard stories of people taking a gram of PEA with deprenyl though and they still lived. Effects were an hour plus. They didn't take the gram at once though, but split it 30min / 30min. Effects were very intense.
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

It takes about 1 gram of PEA in order to saturate MAOB receptors. A dose of 1.5grams is enough to feel something... but it is widely believed that any dose that goes past saturation, is toxic. (not sure if my wording is right so bare with me, but you get the idea)

Pre-dosing 100-200mg of caffeine is also enough to tie up MAOB in order for PEA to have effect.

I have heard stories of people taking a gram of PEA with deprenyl though and they still lived. Effects were an hour plus. They didn't take the gram at once though, but split it 30min / 30min. Effects were very intense.
    From my experience, regular PEA does very little on its own, or even with hordenine. R-Beta Methyl PEA plus Hordenine= different story altogether- 250 mg R-Beta plus 100 mg of hordenine and you will be sweating your ass off and grinding your teeth, LOL. It has a decent "feel" to it (not unlike 1,3 DMAA), but it can make people edgy and agitated
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

To best describe it, it's like an MDMA/amphetamine hybrid feeling (from what I've heard) when dosing high on the MAOB inhibitor, like 10mg of deprenyl taken many hours prior. Very very positive but intense feeling, pure euphoria. If those effects aren't noticed, dose of maob inhibitor and/or pea is too low. I don't necessarily recommend trying this due to safety though.
  32. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

To best describe it, it's like an MDMA/amphetamine hybrid feeling (from what I've heard) when dosing high on the MAOB inhibitor, like 10mg of deprenyl taken many hours prior. Very very positive but intense feeling, pure euphoria. If those effects aren't noticed, dose of maob inhibitor and/or pea is too low. I don't necessarily recommend trying this due to safety though.
    I can confirm what you are saying, except with modafinil (DA reuptake inhibitor) instead of deprenyl aong with a dose of naringin, cocoa, and caffeine. It literally turned me into a drooling, laughing idiot for 1.5 hrs. or so- totally inadvertant, but not unpleasant, once I realized what had happened. I would NOT try to duplicate this- I think I lost some serious brain cells that day
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Really? From my experience, things were very much in control, felt godlike, no drooling lol. Imagine sun god, beaming and powerful
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Really? From my experience, things were very much in control, felt godlike, no drooling lol. Imagine sun god, beaming and powerful
    Mine was more tingling euphoria, like when the first rush from X hits you- probably didn't help that I wasn't expecting it. I literally could not stand up (or move) for roughly an hour or so- just had a huge smile on my face, and my whole body was tingling- gave the combo to 3 other people, who basically had the same observations
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  35. Registered User
    Answers

No idea, I'm totally unfamiliar with these isomers. Have never seen them before. I tend to stay away from designer substances without any studies behind them.
    There are no PEA isomers in craze besides b-PEA.

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    From my experience, regular PEA does very little on its own, or even with hordenine. R-Beta Methyl PEA plus Hordenine= different story altogether- 250 mg R-Beta plus 100 mg of hordenine and you will be sweating your ass off and grinding your teeth, LOL. It has a decent "feel" to it (not unlike 1,3 DMAA), but it can make people edgy and agitated
    Hordenine should have essentially no effect on PEA's half-life give hordenine's equivalent HL and inability to penetrate the CNS. As far as the Methyl-b-PEA, what would explain the different effects? I can see this being more relevant if it was a methyl substituted on the alpha position (obviously), but as it stands, I would expect no difference between methyl-b-pea and b-pea.
  36. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gokmog View Post
    I thought PEA was in chocolate. Or maybe it was secondary-release from other stuff (trimethylxanthines that cause the brain to release its own PEA?).

Mr. Arnold? Oh, BTW, I still have a few capsules of AMP purchased way back in '05!

PEA is in chocolate however it is not what is responsible for the psychoactivity. its more the theophylline and theobromine
  37. Featured Author
    Answers

none of this sounds very attractive from a bodybuilding perspective. maybe from a recreational party perspective it is
  38. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There are no PEA isomers in craze besides b-PEA.

what about n,n-diethyl and n-benzyl derivatives? not counting them as isomers?

technically they are not isomers, but derivatives. but i just wanted to check
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Cool

what about n,n-diethyl and n-benzyl derivatives? not counting them as isomers?

technically they are not isomers, but derivatives. but i just wanted to check
    Right, they are derivatives. I was just trying to maintain clarity since there are so many PEA-compounds being discussed in this thread.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

none of this sounds very attractive from a bodybuilding perspective. maybe from a recreational party perspective it is
    Definitely only recreational or part of a nootropic stack at lower dose.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USP Labs and more sued in Class Action Lawsuit
    By _mArs_ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 09:36 PM
  2. BSN class action lawsuit. get your refund.
    By Quinc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 12:43 AM
  3. Class action lawsuit filed RE ephedra
    By GuyinLA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 11:32 PM