Found plastic shard in *** Whey Protein.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Hello first post here, i wanted some feed back from people on this site.

After a work out today i made G N C brand protein shakes for me and 2 other friends. One of my buddies started spitting out plastic shards near the end of the protein shake. All three of us are unaware if any of us had swallow any of the shards. Me and another friends down the shakes in one gulp and didnt feel anything.

I call the number for G N C on the side of the bucket of protein. i wanted to know how they would handle the situation. Im pretty fair and all i wanted was a full refund for the product. The whey protein is expired 06-11 tand tasted fine, it didnt bother me. I also have no receipt.

The first person i talked to was a lady, she told me she could give me a $25 dollar coupon for our inconvenience. I told her i, i tooked that as a slap in the face, considering health issues. she put me on hold then offered me a $75 dollar coupon. I told her all i want is what is fair and i would like a refund for the product considering i spent $115 dollars on the bucket plus taxes. Here in Canada, Ontario taxes is roughly 14%. She told me i would need to speak to a supervisor if i wanted anything more, and he would call me back in 15 mins. Fair enough.

Hour and a half later the supervisor calls me. and says how can i help u? I told him about my convo with the previous rep and he told me he would not do anything because the protein is expired and i dont have a receipt. I was shook with his answer personally it felt like he had some sorta ego not to do anything.

I told him what difference does it make if i was drinking plastic shards this year or last year? I asked him are you sure this is how you would like to handle this? I told him, i am a fair man and all i want is a full refund for the *** brand Whey Protein and also to cover any health issues if something comes up. He said no i can not give you a refund if you like ill give you the number for the Regional Manager in your area. I told him i dont have a pen right now as i am out and to please give me a call tomorrow morning with a the phone number at a better time.

So now im just waiting for tomorrow for the number. Im also would like to see how the regional manager is going to take care of the situation.

Please feel free to reply with ur thoughts or advice with this situation.

Cheers!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They offered you a 25$ certificate for 100$ item? Lol omg they suck

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I could help if you weren't in Canada. Did you accidentally blend a scoop or outline if a scoop or did you not use a blender. Maybe run it through a strainer and photograph if you find plastic it something that does not belong.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
lol ya i know! its nice to know how they treat there customers after feeding them plastic shards:S i cant wait to see what happens tomorrow. One of my friends did say he had a stomach ache. I hope its nothing.

here drink this protein shake with broken plastic shards , heres a $25 dollar coupon for your friends stomach ache and your inconvenience . Thanks for using our products!

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
I could help if you weren't in Canada. Did you accidentally blend a scoop or outline if a scoop or did you not use a blender. Maybe run it through a strainer and photograph if you find plastic it something that does not belong.
it was just protein and water stirred with a spoon, quick fix. the plastic looked almost like glass thats what we first thought it was. ill take a look. thanks!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glass is very anabolic. Drink up.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But isn't plastic catabolic?
Oh crap, it was plastic. Avoid that stuff! Or better yet add glass to counter the catabolic effects of the plastic.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
To be honest, at least they offered you something. It is expired protein and you don't have a receipt. How do they know you didn't buy it expired at a discount? Did you buy it in store or online?

If you bought it online all your receipts are stored there, if you bought it in store and you don't have the receipt then your not in as much of a power position to negotiate.

It's all about what position you have and not having a receipt and it being expired by 9 months doesn't give you much leverage at all. Most companies will do the right thing, but they will also try to protect themselves from getting ripped off. You might not being doing that but you have to see it from their stand point. Hopefully you'll get a full refund, but you might not unfortunately. Also did you take pictures? Stuff like that helps in situations like this.

Good luck OP, I'd check the rest of the protein out through a strainer. I hope *** does something for you if not you might look elsewhere for your product. It's just an odd situation all around.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
That sounds like a company rep. Lol j/k. With out a receipt you're pretty lucky they're doing anything.

The Ripped

Awards
I always know *** was way overpriced but now they dont care about thier customers when you buy their products, sad....

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NEVER shop at that hell hole.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To be honest, at least they offered you something. It is expired protein and you don't have a receipt. How do they know you didn't buy it expired at a discount? Did you buy it in store or online?

If you bought it online all your receipts are stored there, if you bought it in store and you don't have the receipt then your not in as much of a power position to negotiate.

It's all about what position you have and not having a receipt and it being expired by 9 months doesn't give you much leverage at all. Most companies will do the right thing, but they will also try to protect themselves from getting ripped off. You might not being doing that but you have to see it from their stand point. Hopefully you'll get a full refund, but you might not unfortunately. Also did you take pictures? Stuff like that helps in situations like this.

Good luck OP, I'd check the rest of the protein out through a strainer. I hope *** does something for you if not you might look elsewhere for your product. It's just an odd situation all around.
OP should go back to same store and photo similar protein expired in the shelf if they still have it out.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
**** that place. How in the hell do they stay open with their brick and mortar stores!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Selling 100+ dollars of useless unneeded junk to noobs?

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established

I humbly disagree... I dont think you understand. Wether or not the protein shakes were expired or if i had a receipt. Me and 2 other friends drank broken plastic shards that look like glass. What difference would it make if i drank it last year or this year. I still would of drank plastic shards.

This is more of a safety issue. I pretty sure if i get legal assistance i can hold a pretty strong case in court. Say within a week from now that plastic shard is still in one of the 3 people that drank it, and that shard starts ripping and cutting its way down our bodies. What is this company to say in court? We are not liable because the protein mix is expired or the customer did not keep the receipt?

At the present time all i ask from this company is what is fair. A full refund, which the regional manager did not hesitate to give me. I told him about my convos with the previous reps and that i would have to keep this logged with my family doctor just in case any health issues where to occur. But so far so good *phew* lol

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
*** is overpriced tho... lol. That bucket of protein cost me $129.94 can. Awhile ago when i was on cycle, I ran out of protein at work. So at break i mission out and paid the dollars. Wow that was allot lol

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
As I read this this morning I didnt think anything of it. I go to take a scoop of my cellucor c4 and at the bottom of the glass is a green skittle. I wish I would have taken a picture

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Swear to God. I was mixing my c4 blu raz and at the bottom of my class just chilling there was a green skittle. The S was on it and everything

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lesson: Never buy anything from Gay Nutritional ****suckers.

demolition

demolition

Awards
Swear to God. I was mixing my c4 blu raz and at the bottom of my class just chilling there was a green skittle. The S was on it and everything
Thats fu(king crazy lol what was going through your head when you found it?

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I hope you ate that skittle. There's starving kids in Africa.

Jahcuree

Do you think it may have been one of those anthrax skittles?? I saw them on google home page the other day

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you think it may have been one of those anthrax skittles?? I saw them on google home page the other day
Anthrax skittles? Hmm, I wonder if I'd still like the orange kind the best.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Thats fu(king crazy lol what was going through your head when you found it?
Believe it or not, if I should eat the skittle or not. I decided not to though. I really wish I would have took a picture though

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I think so. I vaguely remember them doing a hit with public enemy number one

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hello first post here, i wanted some feed back from people on this site.

After a work out today i made G N C brand protein shakes for me and 2 other friends. One of my buddies started spitting out plastic shards near the end of the protein shake. All three of us are unaware if any of us had swallow any of the shards. Me and another friends down the shakes in one gulp and didnt feel anything.

I call the number for G N C on the side of the bucket of protein. i wanted to know how they would handle the situation. Im pretty fair and all i wanted was a full refund for the product. The whey protein is expired 06-11 tand tasted fine, it didnt bother me. I also have no receipt.

The first person i talked to was a lady, she told me she could give me a $25 dollar coupon for our inconvenience. I told her i, i tooked that as a slap in the face, considering health issues. she put me on hold then offered me a $75 dollar coupon. I told her all i want is what is fair and i would like a refund for the product considering i spent $115 dollars on the bucket plus taxes. Here in Canada, Ontario taxes is roughly 14%. She told me i would need to speak to a supervisor if i wanted anything more, and he would call me back in 15 mins. Fair enough.

Hour and a half later the supervisor calls me. and says how can i help u? I told him about my convo with the previous rep and he told me he would not do anything because the protein is expired and i dont have a receipt. I was shook with his answer personally it felt like he had some sorta ego not to do anything.

I told him what difference does it make if i was drinking plastic shards this year or last year? I asked him are you sure this is how you would like to handle this? I told him, i am a fair man and all i want is a full refund for the *** brand Whey Protein and also to cover any health issues if something comes up. He said no i can not give you a refund if you like ill give you the number for the Regional Manager in your area. I told him i dont have a pen right now as i am out and to please give me a call tomorrow morning with a the phone number at a better time.

So now im just waiting for tomorrow for the number. Im also would like to see how the regional manager is going to take care of the situation.

Please feel free to reply with ur thoughts or advice with this situation.

Cheers!
Their refund policy can not be broken by store employees or they will be terminated. If you have a receipt you can return it within 30 days of purchase. As for the $25 coupon, that's just to help ease your pain/frustration.

Actions: What you need to do is go into the *** in which you bought the product with the receipt and product in hand, ask for Human Resources number. Call them from your cell phone and explain the situation. If they side with you they should give the employee a 5-6 digit code they can right on the receipt for the return with your money in hand. The money will differentiate oin the price because the product is so old. If not receipt is in hand hey have to give you the lowest price in the past 60 days, b ut HR can overrule that.

Hope this helps!