best form of carnitine for.... - AnabolicMinds.com

best form of carnitine for....

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  ??? lbs.

best form of carnitine for....

transporting fatty acids to mitochondria...in other words, which best helps burn fat as energy

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

they all serve a purpose...i like lclt personally
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

L-carnitine Fumarate
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Google "clarifying the carnitines ". Refer to paragraph titled "carnitine for fat loss"
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

5. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

^^^ great advice as usual
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    As do I, 2 g daily with my 4 caps of X-Factor serves me well!
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Here we go again with the misinformation.

If anything, it's PLCAR.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Injectable form for maximum absorption
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    x2 I love LCLT, I see small effects from GPLC and nothing from Propionyl-L-Carnitine.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

If anything, it's PLCAR.
    What about ALCAR?
  11. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    What about ALCAR?
    For elevating muscle carnitine, PLCAR is the best. I hope those using LCLT are prepared to take it with a ton of carbs for 6 months straight.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

For elevating muscle carnitine, PLCAR is the best. I hope those using LCLT are prepared to take it with a ton of carbs for 6 months straight.
    Ok... I'll get some plcar,, but I already own ALCAR,,, how is it best taken and what exact purposes does it serve?
  13. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    Ok... I'll get some plcar,, but I already own ALCAR,,, how is it best taken and what exact purposes does it serve?
    Don't get me wrong, ALCAR is a great carnitine form. I personally feel that pursuing elevated muscle carnitine is an efficient way to put such valuable ingredients to use. ALCAR is great for cognitive purposes, positive effects on libido/erection index/testosterone/combating mental fatigue/combating ADHD in lacking/afflicted individuals, antioxidant purposes, other health purposes, etc...
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Don't get me wrong, ALCAR is a great carnitine form. I personally feel that pursuing elevated muscle carnitine is an efficient way to put such valuable ingredients to use. ALCAR is great for cognitive purposes, positive effects on libido/erection index/testosterone/combating mental fatigue/combating ADHD in lacking/afflicted individuals, antioxidant purposes, other health purposes, etc...
    But not for converting fat to energy?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

If anything, it's PLCAR.
    References? Or is this your opinion?
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Deja vu... seems I have seen you two guys bump brains more than a few times,, LOL.... *sits and watches*
    Every time you two debate I end up spending money!!
  17. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    References? Or is this your opinion?
    I already posted the reference when it was requested in another thread. I can't dig it up again (home for the weekend) but you can search my post history.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

I already posted the reference when it was requested in another thread. I can't dig it up again (home for the weekend) but you can search my post history.
    You post your opinion a lot and I'm not looking through all of them. We can all wait until you get back to wherever.
    ***PES Representative***
  19. Diamond Member

You post your opinion a lot and I'm not looking through all of them. We can all wait until you get back to wherever.
    I post my opinion a lot? If it is relevant, yes I do, seeing as I am an individual. If I am going to claim scientific backing, I always provide evidence.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

I feel like this question is just pulling hairs they all work well
  21. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    I feel like this question is just pulling hairs they all work well
    Unfortunately, they don't work very well (or at least, efficiently) for fat loss.

I took the liberty of finding the name of the PLCAR study for those who have full text access:

Propionyl-L-Carnitine
    Wiseman and Brogden
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Unfortunately, they don't work very well (or at least, efficiently) for fat loss.

I took the liberty of finding the name of the PLCAR study for those who have full text access:

Propionyl-L-Carnitine
    Wiseman and Brogden
    I suppose that is a relative term. Though compared to not using them at all you are bound to see some benefits. Experimenting with alcar over the past week has made me stop using it entirely. I have started to sweat way too much on it. I sweat enough as it is lol
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Propionyl-L-Carnitine
    Wiseman and Brogden
    Thank you for the ref. And me saying that you post your opinion a lot was not meant as a slam. You post all the time and searching for you and the word carnitine brings up a load of posts. My point (long drawn out as it is) is that if you don't think a product or ingredient doesn't work or doesn't work enough for what it costs, then say that. Many people respect your opinion and if you say PLCAR, then they might very well go out and buy PLCAR based solely on that.
    ***PES Representative***
  24. Advanced Member

LCLT is still good for increasing AR receptors amoungst other benefits T support etc, (studies behind it)
    ive always intended to use this as a staple in the future?
    Or is PLCAR better?
  25. Advanced Member

OP i believe for fat transportaion inj carnitine is superior
  26. Diamond Member

Thank you for the ref. And me saying that you post your opinion a lot was not meant as a slam. You post all the time and searching for you and the word carnitine brings up a load of posts. My point (long drawn out as it is) is that if you don't think a product or ingredient doesn't work or doesn't work enough for what it costs, then say that. Many people respect your opinion and if you say PLCAR, then they might very well go out and buy PLCAR based solely on that.
    Understood sir. I just figured that given our past...well you know . The PLCAR part is not my opinion...as per the study, it has a significant rate of entry into the cell. You don't have to worry about the bonded propionyl group because the research also elucidates that it is metabolized into propionyl-coa and l-carnitine, the latter of which is what OP is after.
  27. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by miniarnold View Post
    LCLT is still good for increasing AR receptors amoungst other benefits T support etc, (studies behind it)
    ive always intended to use this as a staple in the future?
    Or is PLCAR better?
    Quote Originally Posted by miniarnold View Post
    OP i believe for fat transportaion inj carnitine is superior
    I can't stress this enough: in my opinion, the benefits of the various carnitine forms outweigh any fat burnining/substrate utilization changes through elevating muscle carnitine. There is no "better" carnitine. They all possess unique benefits. LCLT will increase androgen receptor density, but I feel that its true benefits are the effects that are, in turn, responsible for the increased AR density: improved cell protection from exercise, increased recovery, and increased VO2 max.
  28. Senior Member

adding choline aids that muscle absorbtion and aids with leptin function...
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/132/4/636.full
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/133/1/84.full
  29. Advanced Member

I can't stress this enough: in my opinion, the benefits of the various carnitine forms outweigh any fat burnining/substrate utilization changes through elevating muscle carnitine. There is no "better" carnitine. They all possess unique benefits. LCLT will increase androgen receptor density, but I feel that its true benefits are the effects that are, in turn, responsible for the increased AR density: improved cell protection from exercise, increased recovery, and increased VO2 max.
    Just what i wanted clarifying, going to use LCLT as a staple when gaining
    thnx
  30. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    adding choline aids that muscle absorbtion and aids with leptin function...
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/132/4/636.full
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/133/1/84.full
    I know. That isn't the only ancillary that can aid with elevating muscle carntiine.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 10:47 AM
  2. best form of carnitine?
    By mkretz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 01:56 AM
  3. What form of Carnitine is best?
    By Knotch in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 10:17 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 06:10 AM
  5. Sdrol+Form VS PPlex+Form which stack is better?
    By psychospic in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 11:24 PM