N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) Read before supplementing

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by patrick35 View Post
    ok new to this forum but I've taken DAA for 30 days and now pretty close to completing first bottle of NMDA. So i read this thread and am still confused. is it safe, not safe, toxic, not toxic? am i just better off taking DAA ? I'll tell you where Im leaning after reading all this; back to DAA.
    If you have tried both and one works better for you, I would go with that one
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com


  2. Intimidate SRT has gotten rave reviews from day one and will continue to do so! NMDA + a potent AI = win!
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    Intimidate SRT has gotten rave reviews from day one and will continue to do so! NMDA + a potent AI = win!
    How does that help him?
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by todd muelheim View Post
    This should be good. Something akin to a group of 9 year olds discussing the intricacies of quantum physics while hopped up on candy.
    Guffaw! Nearly did a spit take on the keyboard.

    I tend to side with Coop on this. You're not likely to achieve blood levels of DAA or NMDA that will be excitotoxic. Delving into anecdotal land, I think you'd crap yourself silly trying to mega dose DAA and if excitotoxic effects were happening, they would likely be evident with some sort of symptom...either physically expressed or a decline in mental function. DAA has been on the shelves for awhile now.

    I most certainly pay attention to the anecdotal since 99% of the supplements we use in this community are nowhere near what I would call "rigorously studied". We are simply too impatient to wait a lifetime until all the results are in..which is bad, but then the safety record of most supplements is pretty darn good.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    How does that help him?
    i wasn't responding to Patrick, which is why I didn't quote him. I was merely commenting on the effectiveness of NMDA, which is a large portion of what this thread is about.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jordinator View Post
    One of the key things I found most interesting was this:

    "
    When I first started researching NMDA, I was considering marketing it as a nutritional supplement. After delving in deeper however, a couple of things made me change my mind. First of all, I contacted the patent inventor to see if I could get some more information on NMDA. He regretfully told me that his later research failed to confirm his earlier findings, and that he had deemed the project not worthy of further pursuit. I also discovered that NMDA is potentially quite toxic and may destroy neurons in sensitive areas of the brain like the hippocampus and the basal ganglia. NMDA might also have the capacity to induce convulsions in susceptible individuals.
    "


    but the whole piece is worth reading. Let me know what you guys think!
    I hear people talk about monosodium glutamate as an excitoxin too, yet people eat a chinabuffets and are fine

  7. tl;dr

    I will co-sign whatever the man with a PhD in neuroscience and is currently active in the field, says about it
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    tl;dr

    I will co-sign whatever the man with a PhD in neuroscience and is currently active in the field, says about it
    That man is pissed that this thread got pushed back into existence and wants to burn it with fire!!!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    tl;dr

    I will co-sign whatever the man with a PhD in neuroscience and is currently active in the field, says about it
    lol, you took the words out of my mouth.

    Every time I see him post in a thread like this I have to click on it.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    That man is pissed that this thread got pushed back into existence and wants to burn it with fire!!!
    Side note: I ordered some ammonium dichromate which I will be setting on fire. Are the fumes gonna kill me and those around me?
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  11. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Side note: I ordered some ammonium dichromate which I will be setting on fire. Are the fumes gonna kill me and those around me?
    Fun! Nah, it's a carcinogen, so don't put it in a pipe, but it won't kill you if you're using it for pyrotechnics. Is this for a class or just for fun?
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  12. Quality fun time with my kid
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  13. Awesome dad!!!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    i wasn't responding to Patrick, which is why I didn't quote him. I was merely commenting on the effectiveness of NMDA, which is a large portion of what this thread is about.
    Not really, it was more so a discussion on possible toxicity from oral NMDA rather than the effectiveness but by all means plug away.

  15. Sorry to bump, was there a definitive conclusion about NMDA? Is it safe to take orally?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    Sorry to bump, was there a definitive conclusion about NMDA? Is it safe to take orally?
    i'm currently taking prime nutritions test boost, i prefer nmda over daa

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i'm currently taking prime nutritions test boost, i prefer nmda over daa
    thanks bud. going to be running it in "Iron Forged King Pin" on oct 7th, excited

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    thanks bud. going to be running it in "Iron Forged King Pin" on oct 7th, excited
    when are you dosing, looks like a solid night time supplement, nmda is really good for sleep, with a small amount of agmatine before bed, should sleep like a baby

  19. ill be dosing 12pm, 5pm, 9pm id imagine, going to bed at 11pm, Im very sensitive to supps near bed time, i sleep awful so dont want to take it just before bed, but 2 hours before should be fien right?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    ill be dosing 12pm, 5pm, 9pm id imagine, going to bed at 11pm, Im very sensitive to supps near bed time, i sleep awful so dont want to take it just before bed, but 2 hours before should be fien right?
    i know when i dealt with intimidate, people mentioned if they took nmda and didn't go straight to sleep that it sometimes affected their sleep

    with test boost i've been dosing at 5:30p.m., and at like 9 or 10pm i get really tired and have no problem falling asleep at 11pm

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i know when i dealt with intimidate, people mentioned if they took nmda and didn't go straight to sleep that it sometimes affected their sleep

    with test boost i've been dosing at 5:30p.m., and at like 9 or 10pm i get really tired and have no problem falling asleep at 11pm
    right okay, may take my third dose as im climbing into bed.

    How come not earlier in the day? you want it to always be in your system so splitting up the doses so it spreads through the day is ideal

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    right okay, may take my third dose as im climbing into bed.

    How come not earlier in the day? you want it to always be in your system so splitting up the doses so it spreads through the day is ideal
    could probably be used that way....my only two experiences were intimidate which was 1 cap and test boost which is a small scoop of powder, i never dosed them in the morning for fear of getting groggy at work, i can't have that

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    could probably be used that way....my only two experiences were intimidate which was 1 cap and test boost which is a small scoop of powder, i never dosed them in the morning for fear of getting groggy at work, i can't have that
    I have 2 scoops of alphamine upon waking, no grogginess is touching me! haha

    having said that I may switch my dose to 5.30pm,7pm & before bed, for pre/post/bed timing

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    Sorry to bump, was there a definitive conclusion about NMDA? Is it safe to take orally?
    Speaking only to the safety (not efficacy), I have not seen a single study that makes me believe that oral NMDA, taken as directed, should be unsafe.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  25. I have read some things showing it could effect depression. Not sure if that is "safe" or not but something to consider.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. D-Aspartic Acid, Arachidonic Acid and Inhibit-E
    By liftsalot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 07:51 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Log in
Log in