How Much Leucine is in Modern BCAA?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

How Much Leucine is in Modern BCAA?

I know the ratio is 8:1:1 and the serving size is 10g, but that includes glutatmine. Can someone point me to a post or site that says or or a rep tell me how many grams of BCAA's are actually in Modern BCAA? Thanks ahead of time!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Answers

8-1-1 BCAA Ratio

With the above in mind, we've formulated USPlabs Modern BCAA™ with an 8-1-1 leucine-isoleucine-valine ratio…

In terms of the leucine, the reasoning here is that, from a strictly technical standpoint, the data displays that only leucine and those other amino acids structurally related to leucine are responsible for the increase in mTOR commonly associated with BCAA supplementation.
    Results & Value

As you know, many people are doubling, tripling, even quadrupling their dosage of BCAAs with a 2:1:1 & 4:1:1 bias in order to achieve better results…

Given the fact that leucine is most likely the amino acid responsible for this effect, particularly in skeletal muscle, having a formula with an 8:1:1 ratio eliminates the need for such increased dosing.

Effectively creating an enormous value in addition to the other benefits.

I thought it 's 8g Leuicine ,1g isoleuicine and 1g valine. but your right that adds to 10g and there's still the glutamine..mmmmmm

I think they only include the BCAA's in the 8.1.1 ratio and not the glutamine
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by WPD111 View Post
    8-1-1 BCAA Ratio

With the above in mind, we've formulated USPlabs Modern BCAA™ with an 8-1-1 leucine-isoleucine-valine ratio…

In terms of the leucine, the reasoning here is that, from a strictly technical standpoint, the data displays that only leucine and those other amino acids structurally related to leucine are responsible for the increase in mTOR commonly associated with BCAA supplementation.
    Results & Value

As you know, many people are doubling, tripling, even quadrupling their dosage of BCAAs with a 2:1:1 & 4:1:1 bias in order to achieve better results…

Given the fact that leucine is most likely the amino acid responsible for this effect, particularly in skeletal muscle, having a formula with an 8:1:1 ratio eliminates the need for such increased dosing.

Effectively creating an enormous value in addition to the other benefits.

I thought it 's 8g Leuicine ,1g isoleuicine and 1g valine. but your right that adds to 10g and there's still the glutamine..mmmmmm

I think they only include the BCAA's in the 8.1.1 ratio and not the glutamine

If they did it'd be a 8:1:1:X ratio. Ratios mean diddly if you don't know the exact amount of the entire mix. 8:1:1 of 1g BCAA's is nothing compared to 8:1:1 of 10g.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

It's a prop blend b/c USP doesn't want you to know...You could guesstimate it...figure 2g/glutamine (which is a standard dose in intraWO dinks)...leaving 8g being the BCAA's...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Well, not to get all high n' mighty, but they just lost a customer.
  6. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schizm
    It's a prop blend b/c USP doesn't want you to know...You could guesstimate it...figure 2g/glutamine (which is a standard dose in intraWO dinks)...leaving 8g being the BCAA's...
    I wonder if it's 2g of glutamine or more...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

who cares its good stuff and cant beat the price of bulk modern bcaa
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Remember, it's by weight. Glutamine is last so it is impossible for it to be 2g. In other words, the mere fact that glutamine exists in the blend means that it must be less than 8g leucine and under a gram each of isoleucine and valine. At that point, why even have a ratio? Just buy bulk leucine
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Is there any weight to the fact of needing the other 2 to support leucine?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Remember, it's by weight. Glutamine is last so it is impossible for it to be 2g. In other words, the mere fact that glutamine exists in the blend means that it must be less than 8g leucine and under a gram each of isoleucine and valine. At that point, why even have a ratio? Just buy bulk leucine
    Yes, but how many licks does it take for you to reach the center of a Tootsie pop?

I think we are arriving at roughly the same amounts (?), serving size is actually 12.22 grams (which would be total weight?)...w/10g's listed as the bcaa/glutamine...how much of a diff in weight would there be in all 4 components when they are micronized though? (srs, I don't know)

Quote Originally Posted by zwa004 View Post
    Your prerogative, of course...but USP sells all their supps with prop blends...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zwa004 View Post
    no loss.....as mentioned already if youre so concerned with luecine then buy bulk
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Yes, but how many licks does it take for you to reach the center of a Tootsie pop?

I think we are arriving at roughly the same amounts (?), serving size is actually 12.22 grams (which would be total weight?)...w/10g's listed as the bcaa/glutamine...how much of a diff in weight would there be in all 4 components when they are micronized though? (srs, I don't know)

Your prerogative, of course...but USP sells all their supps with prop blends...
    Matter cannot be created or destroyed. Just because something is micronized does not mean there is more of it. It could potentially have less volume, but that doesn't matter.
  13. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

the new fruit punch tastes good...FWIW

But ive been using the bulk on NP because its the cheapest BCAA mix on all of the internets
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Answers

ya know, the op makes a good point, what good is the ratio if you dont know the amounts? could be all glutamine. wtf, i didnt even think of it, just got a tub. i also got a tub of monster amino which clearly states total amounts of each so maybe ill have to stick with that. bummer. reps to clarify?
    T2
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schroedes View Post
    ya know, the op makes a good point, what good is the ratio if you dont know the amounts? could be all glutamine. wtf, i didnt even think of it, just got a tub. i also got a tub of monster amino which clearly states total amounts of each so maybe ill have to stick with that. bummer. reps to clarify?
    They are listed by weight; just do basic algebra. There is a maximum of 7.99g Leucine and a minimum of 7.27g leucine.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    They are listed by weight; just do basic algebra. There is a maximum of 7.99g Leucine and a minimum of 7.27g leucine.
    ^ Remember this to everyone who is asking the question. The fact that it has sustamine in the blend does little to alter the total amount of Leucine in there because it is the last ingredient listed and therefore is the lightest. I don't think the difference of <1g of leucine per serving is enough to lose a customer over. Declaring their blend wouldn't make much of a difference either way to the totals as you know the ratio of the three heaviest ingredients.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  17. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

So... With anyone that's good at math & with a good guess, how mang grams of glutamine can we say are in this product?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  18. Registered User
    Answers

I direct you here.. Better chance at getting an answer from a rep.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

So I have been doing a lot of research about creatine and the creatnine levels that can be produced. European universities have been doing myostatin therapies using high doses of creatine and melatonin. They have successfully discovered that although it's not efficient as gene therapy but if you take in 5 grams of ten servings a day you should see fast results. I have been trying this for about 2 months with of course some other of my favorites and it's rank. I notice a lot more fullness and way way way more dramatic muscle growth and recovery. The trick to take in creatine properly is very simple. Spike your glucose levels and add some sugar to your 5 grams for it to enter your blood stream faster. You will see results. As for luecine take in 50 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. Try getting a powdered form or grind up your pills because it may slide right through your digestive process and be completely useless. Just some tips and tricks for you all. Take care.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pumpedcal View Post
    So I have been doing a lot of research about creatine and the creatnine levels that can be produced. European universities have been doing myostatin therapies using high doses of creatine and melatonin. They have successfully discovered that although it's not efficient as gene therapy but if you take in 5 grams of ten servings a day you should see fast results. I have been trying this for about 2 months with of course some other of my favorites and it's rank. I notice a lot more fullness and way way way more dramatic muscle growth and recovery. The trick to take in creatine properly is very simple. Spike your glucose levels and add some sugar to your 5 grams for it to enter your blood stream faster. You will see results. As for luecine take in 50 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. Try getting a powdered form or grind up your pills because it may slide right through your digestive process and be completely useless. Just some tips and tricks for you all. Take care.

Attachment 54550
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    So... With anyone that's good at math & with a good guess, how mang grams of glutamine can we say are in this product?
    Again, do the math. There is a minimum of 0.01g and a maximum of 0.91g.
  22. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Again, do the math. There is a minimum of 0.01g and a maximum of 0.91g.
    Thx Coop, pleasure was all yours
    & math wasn't my strongest subject
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Man, I bailed on this thread after I had my piece, thanks for elaborating y'all (especially mr.cooper)! While we're at it, doesn't pure leucine mix poorly and taste terrible? And before you say it, yes, I've tried crystal light/mio.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Modern BCAA Review
    By houstontexas in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 04:35 PM
  2. Modern BCAA and Razor8
    By jonesBones40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 06:39 PM