Elevated liver enzyme

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Had blood work done last week as part of a routine physical. Doc's assistant called me this morning to call me back in for a second test. Everything was normal except for a "elevated liver enzyme" reading. She said nothing to be alarmed about but they wanted another sample. I am thinking this could be connected to the daily Erase Pro and Initimidate cycle I am on (3rd week in). But that's just a guess. I don't really drink much alcohol (3 drinks per week).

I don't really want to get into the supps with my doc, as I know the boiler-plate response I will get. I also don't know exactly what was elevated yet. Wondering if there anyone has had any similar experience and how they handled it. Will know more on Wednesday.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you run anything before the Erase/Intimidate? Nothing in either of those should cause elevated liver enzymes that I can see.

Also, are you on ANY Rx medications?

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Vaughn.

No meds. Nothing before the Erase/Intimidate except a 1/2 cycle of IsaTest just before I switched to Intimidate. Will go back for more bloods on Wednesday.

I had a Hep A vaccine 5 days before the bloods. I wonder if that could be responsible. But the same doc gave me that. Will find out...

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Liver values can be raised for really random reasons. Make sure you dont exercise for at least 24 hours before your test

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Liver values can be raised for really random reasons. Make sure you dont exercise for at least 24 hours before your test
This. I got bloodwork done the day after I trained legs and my values were out of whack. Waited and let myself recover for 2 days from training, had more work done, values were back to normal. The body's weird in that it sometimes doesn't discriminate stress, just reacts

feather319

feather319

Awards
I have had elevated liver enzymes for a few years. Nothing too high off the scales but higher than normal lab values. My doctor says it is because I exercise more intensely than the average person. I currently train 6 days a week. I wouldn't be too worried if your levels greatly over the high end of the average lab values.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All of these posts/replies "assume" that he is referring to AST and/or ALT assays.

Well, what if the elevated values are Bilirubin, GGT, Alk Phos, etc -then there's reason for concern and the replies should be entirely different.

This is akin to asking "I'm 250 lbs, am I fat?"

Well, without your height and certain body measurments, we cannot intelligently respond.

OP: Post the specific lab results along with any meds or hormones you may be on, along with any illnesses and the last time you worked out, and then we can properly suggest/advise.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Liver enzymes can def be altered depending on what you ate, what you did, what you took etc. Something simple as tylenol can elevate liver enzymes. Although there are many significant hepatic markers that can signify all different types of hepatic complications, AST and ALT are more common, but we can not rule out that you are not talking about Bilirubin, Alk phos, etc. Until we know your liver panel, what tests were done and what your values were, suggesting our input is relatively pointless.

My best guess would be that they are calling about a elevated AST, which seems to be most common, and the least significant marker of all tests for hepatic damage as it is the most easily altered value due to stress, exercise, etc. If there was truly a concern, I would hope your prescribing physician would order a hepatic ultrasound. With that being said, intimidate should cause no such increase in ANY liver value unless it was indirectly affected by means of increased exercise performance from intimidate.

Mike

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Show off !

:p.............;)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar