effective GDA (p-slin, na-rala?)

M

massolic

Awards
  • Established
i want to eat carbs and minimize fat gain, which GDA is best out of NA-rala, slinsane, or pslin? does na-rala in bulk from nutra need to be stacked with ALCAR to avoid water retention?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i want to eat carbs and minimize fat gain, which GDA is best out of NA-rala, slinsane, or pslin? does na-rala in bulk from nutra need to be stacked with ALCAR to avoid water retention?
This is all a matter of opinion.
I would start with 1 @ random and see how it goes then change it up. :)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive had solid results with glycobol, anabolic pump and slin sane

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Currently on narala and ALCAR with dosings referenced from Mr. Cooper and I'm liking it.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What was the dosing protocol he recommended? I've been interested in na~r~ala for a while. Would plcar have different effects on the na r ala?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What was the dosing protocol he recommended? I've been interested in na~r~ala for a while. Would plcar have different effects on the na r ala?
Upon Waking/In The AM w/ a high carb meal: 300mg Na-R-ALA (and 1g agmatine)... +1g ALCAR about 30 minutes later
In the PM w/ a high carb meal: 300mg Na-R-ALA and 1g ALCAR 30 minutes later

No idea about the plcar.

Last edited:
allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Used slin slane and now using SAN na-r-ala, definitely been effective during prep, but seems like everyone has different preferences

Sarkis18

Sarkis18

Awards
1 slin sane + 300-500mg NA-R-ALA (+1g Agmatine) :)

S

sam805

Awards
Any one have any idea how much r lipoic acid it takes to equal narala on mg for mg basis? Mr. Cooper?

S

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
300mg R ala= 300mg R ala

250mg NA r ALA = 210mg R ala

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
Glycobol and slin sane as a stack always worked awesome for me.

S

sam805

Awards
So na r ala is almost 10x as potent as r ala, if I'm understanding you correctly? Is r lipoic stronger than plain ala?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We need Cooper in here, stat!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Roughly 140mg of Na-RALA should give you 100mg of R-ALA.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
ALCAR and taurine are also GDAs.
As SS said, na-r ala is best at 250mg.

I do
1200mg x2 a day
3 anabolic pump
1 pre workout (fasted), 1 at meal 1 (1pm) 1 at dinner 7pm

Works great
And I never get hypos and I am either low carb or keto

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
Has anybody used Na-rala as part of a lean bulk?
Would Na-rala help in this regard? (fat accumulation during a bulk)

S

sam805

Awards
Let me rephrase my question guys. Is 300mg of source naturals r lipoic acid as potent as 300mg of 300mgs of sans na rala? I want to finish my bottle of r lipoic before buying sans na rala. If not how much r lipoic would I have to dose to equal 300mg of na rala? The sodium makes the rala much more effective?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I have tried a bunch, slinshot, slinsane, glycobol... so far the most effective for me has been Glycobol.

E

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I had good results with slin sane and glycobol, both get very good reviews and have had positive feedback over the years/

U

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is this only with high carb meals? What if keto, can you still follow the same?

Upon Waking/In The AM w/ a high carb meal: 300mg Na-R-ALA (and 1g agmatine)... +1g ALCAR about 30 minutes later
In the PM w/ a high carb meal: 300mg Na-R-ALA and 1g ALCAR 30 minutes later

No idea about the plcar.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have tried a bunch, slinshot, slinsane, glycobol... so far the most effective for me has been Glycobol.
What were your thoughts on SLINshot?

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
Does Na-r-ala cause water retention? I've never heard that...

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Is this only with high carb meals? What if keto, can you still follow the same?
I've been using 300mg of Na-Rala every day of the week, 4-5 days of which are keto-style (30-50 carbs)......the slinsane I take only if I do all the carbs at once on the low carb days, if they are spread out I don't use the slinsane at all. Same with the anabeta, only pre-WO and/or with high carb days, not on ultra low carb days. But I have no negative effects when taking the Na-Rala on the keto-style days.....the PLCAR and ALCAR I don't think it matters what amount of carbs you take in.....

D

D3Baseball

Awards
While things like Na-R-ALA are certainly worthwhile for other benefits, I don't believe any of the purported GDAs do much of anything. Either negligible effects or zero effects in healthy people. Flame away and I'll sit on my fat wallet.