Best proteins? Pre/ post wo shakes?

CariSma

Awards
Hi all I'm currently in the UK and have been using Nitro tech hardcore pro series and a vegimax soy protein but aim at the bottom of my tubs and would like to restock with the best stuff in the majorities personal opinion! I actually liking this combo but who am I to know any better. :)

Any suggestions?

I have seen tesco have dipped in a little more on their stock ranges any one used these? Sci-max etc?

CariSma

Awards
Ps I have looked into casein pro also! Would a stack be feesable or just over thinking the process?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You might be overthinking things a little. IMO there really isn't any specific brand that will help you gain muscle more than others. I'd concentrate more on diet and training. I would just go with a quality protein that fits your budget. You could add a casein product or get a blend with multiple protein sources in it. I don't think you'll see any difference in results either way. Your biggest concern should be with food choices/diet which is where you should be getting the majority of your protein intake from. If you are interested in blends some of my favorites are Myofusion, Protean, and XF Ultra Peptide (casein based).

GHO5T

Awards
You might be overthinking things a little. IMO there really isn't any specific brand that will help you gain muscle more than others. I'd concentrate more on diet and training. I would just go with a quality protein that fits your budget. You could add a casein product or get a blend with multiple protein sources in it. I don't think you'll see any difference in results either way. Your biggest concern should be with food choices/diet which is where you should be getting the majority of your protein intake from. If you are interested in blends some of my favorites are Myofusion, Protean, and XF Ultra Peptide (casein based).
This is solid advice.

Work on hitting your macros for the day. There is no need for a pre or immediate post workout protein shake. As far as the protein choices go I believe you will be able to find a more affordable and quality option such as the ones given above.

Kubitzky

Kubitzky

Awards
As the others have stated you should have you diet and training down before worrying about supplementation. I'm in highschool so shakes can come in handy but I make sure to get a good 5 whole food meals in a day. My personal preference for a protein shake is Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex, yes its pricey but it is very high quality, a great blend and chalked full of amino acids.

I can't send PM's yet or I would shoot you a quick one asking for an overview of your diet. There are many great resources out there to help you with diet but here are the foods I usually stick to.

Protein: Salmon, Chicken Breast, Eggs, Occasionaly 93/7 Beef or Lean Steaks, Protein Shakes, Milk
Carbs: Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Quinoa, Ezekial Bread, Oatmeal
Fats: Almond/Peanut Butter, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Avacodos, Fish Oils (Animal Omega.)

PS: Breezy noted a very good protein in XF Ultrapeptide, I've been eyeballing that one for quite some time now.

murk01

murk01

Awards
like syntha-6, and 100% gold standerd. currently lookin for somthing good and cheap,

Kubitzky

Kubitzky

Awards
like syntha-6, and 100% gold standerd. currently lookin for somthing good and cheap,
IMHO 100% is good to go but I don't care for Syntha-6. Syntha-6 primary source of protein is Concentrate which seems to give me stomach issues.