Phenibut

Manwhore

Awards
I got it yesterday and took some last night. I didn't think the packaging was that great and was worried it wasn't going to be any good. I took about 700mg at about 10:30pm last night and i was a little groggy in the morning. I took another 2g at 7am this morning and didn't feel it until about 9:30am and i still felt it at 2pm today(7hrs later). It was kind of hard to explain the feeling because i felt relaxed but packed with energy. I guess kind of like a beer or alcohol buzz but a little different. When i tasted it(chemical taste)i thought it was going to be overpowering but it didn't effect me much at 2g. I usually always need more than the recommended dose anyone so i may just bump it up to 3-4g and see what happens. I can see where people can get fucked up on this stuff if they take too much. It kind of reminds me of that other stuff that used to be legal a while back. The liquid stuff they used in wood solvents. That stuff realy fucked me up.... All in all,i like the buzz. :eek:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I got no effects until I used 4.5g and even then, I just got sleeply. This is one of those things that could effect different people in varying degrees of intensity.

Manwhore, I think butanediol (what I think you were refering to) was a lot better at half the dose. Too bad pucks kept using it as a date rape drug, now it's gone. This thread maybe should be in the supp's form.

Manwhore

Awards
I thought i needed more than the average bear but i guess everyone is different. butanediol?? I don't remember but i remember the guy in the place i get my supps from was telling me guys were using it as a rape drug and he couldn't get it anymore,but he said something about being able to get it if you owned a computer business because they used it to clean computers. That was years ago,i've never looked into it anymore since then.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
If you're actually looking for a buzz or something, I'd say stick to the beer (unless you're using methylated PH/PS's). Phenibut and other nootropics are good for relatively low dose, mild mood enhancement, and will quickly wear thin (and lose efficacy) if used as recreational drugs. I suppose, in fairness, that's just my opinion. Maybe, though, as a safe alternative to alcohol (while on M's or not), these things could serve a recreational purpose. I don't think Phenibut is a PH, though, so I'm not sure why this topic is here...?

Manwhore

Awards
I don't follow otc products so i basically just put any otc product in the ph catagory. I was just telling my experience with it,i'm not looking for any advice on how to use it. I didn't even concider this drug as a nootropic unless you also consider gaba as one.... I'm not a drug addict,i like a buzz every once in a while just like everyone else and i don't think it would be that big of a deal if i got pulled over while on this like i would while using alcohol..... I would rather use HEROIN but it gives me such a hangover in the morning.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I can't do the smack thing anymore either....too many consequences. I think GABA (being an Amino, right?) probably means phenibut is too, or a close relative. So maybe they would not technically be in the nootropic category, except for their mood enhancing effects, etc. Since this stuff does seem to have some pretty noticable effects, it probably won't be long before some governing organization deems it unsafe and tries to ban it. That being the case, we may as well leave it here with the PH's!!!

Manwhore

Awards
I do not recommend doing 3g of this stuff :) I'll explain when i have time... It's the same as Gaba except for the added Phenyl group which helps it easily cross the blood-brain barrier and also changes it's activity... ummm which makes it act differently then Gaba :) It has both nootropic and anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing) properties. that's what the profile says. I don't really care if the buzz wears off as long as the growth hormone and dopamine releasing cababilies stay strong.

cobra1414

Awards
bah, 3g rocks. Add a few beers and you've got a hell of a night.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Kava is worth more of a buzz than phenibut. Don't get me wrong, phenibut has its place in my arsenal, but I prefer kava.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but H ain't no joke, it's seriously pleasant. As the old saying goes " If God made anything better, he kept it for himself".
Elementary my dear boy! But just another hedonistic dead end. That's why God put a hook in it. Try to make it chronic and you'll lose the gift.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
the kava thing concerns me. I read there was new evidence to suggest that kava kava is heavily hepatoxic, although I haven't seen that info circulated, if it is true. This is a serious concern, especially for those (of us) using various methylated substances. Anyone with any info on this, it would be appreciated.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I've heard the reports too, so I avoid it. It just inspires heavy, dreamy sedation in me anyway. More of a sleeping drug than anything.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
That's the old evidence. The new evidence is that some companies used to use extracts from the stems and peelings of the plant, as well as the root. The stems and peelings are what caused the liver failure.

swany

Awards
That's the old evidence. The new evidence is that some companies used to use extracts from the stems and peelings of the plant, as well as the root. The stems and peelings are what caused the liver failure.
That is correct. Also if you want to feel a high off phenibut, you are better off taking 2 moderate doses 3 hours apart, on empty stomach. 10x the effect of taking one large dose. You can get a high off kava, but i've found it last only 20min to 30 min and I feel tired afterwards ( I think I used to use Eclectic Insititute kind). If you want to use phenibut for going out, you have to start way early. take a dose at like 3, then 7 and you'll be feeling it bigtime by 9-10pm. sadly nothing matches gbl though. If you take too much, you will regret it bigtime. At high doses it acts like a diruretic, it makes you lose equilibrium, and you will feel extremely nasaus the whole night and next day.

Manwhore

Awards
That is correct. Also if you want to feel a high off phenibut, you are better off taking 2 moderate doses 3 hours apart, on empty stomach. 10x the effect of taking one large dose. You can get a high off kava, but i've found it last only 20min to 30 min and I feel tired afterwards ( I think I used to use Eclectic Insititute kind). If you want to use phenibut for going out, you have to start way early. take a dose at like 3, then 7 and you'll be feeling it bigtime by 9-10pm. sadly nothing matches gbl though. If you take too much, you will regret it bigtime. At high doses it acts like a diruretic, it makes you lose equilibrium, and you will feel extremely nasaus the whole night and next day.
You aint kidding bro. I was sick as a dog off 3grams... o and i did take 700mg about 6 hrs before that 3 grams. It was the worst feeling ever because i couldn't focus and i couldn't stop from spinning. My wife and son had plans to go to her mothers the next day so i figured i'd experiment :) I'm staying with 6-700mg 1 dose ed until the bottle is gone. I'm not looking for a buzz anymore just want to see what else i get from it(bbing related). I can't afford to get fucked up anymore,but I have my memories.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'm suprised Phenibut's still on the market,I don't believe it a legally permissable natural that the supplement regs permit.
Only because Baclofen is so much stronger, so no money is lost by letting it go unregulated. Nobody else is really using phenibut probably. It's old new everywhere else.

Manwhore

Awards
Nobody else is really using phenibut probably. It's old new everywhere else.
Baclofen is used as a muscle relaxer. I could be wrong but i don't think it has anything to do with GH release.

swany

Awards
Last edited:
DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure, I haven't used it. But it's available in research grade powder from several internet sources and I've been meaning to try it. I would guess so, but I need to investigate it better, as I'm a little rusty on GABA adrenergics. I strongly suspect that it's just marketed as a muscle relaxant. So is Flexaril, but it's really a tricyclic antidepressant with muscle relaxant side effects, if you see what I mean. Maybe someone else has actually used it and can help us out here.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
In my experience with phenibut I would take 4-5 grams prior to my friday evening workout. I would kick butt in the gym, and then about 2 hours after I would get home and start to unwind I would enjoy the relaxative effects.

Never had any stomach upset or anything though, just the calming/focusing affect

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dude! That is a sweet-ass pair of ... ah.. BASS, you got there! Weren't you gonna envite me to go fishin' with ya this w/e?

Anabolic Monkey

Awards
sorry bout the necroposting but does anyone know how much growth hormone release phenibut actually causes? Ive searched around and can't seem to find any answers to this.
Is is comparable to gamma hydroxybutyric acid at all in GH release?

Anabolic Monkey

Awards
bump. I guess this should be in the OTC or GH/IGF-1 section?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
Supplements 7