How much protein can you have at one time?

butrybench555

Awards
How much protein can you have at one time? How much do you need after a workout?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My post workout shake typically contains 50g.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I'm doing 100g of protein whey isolate per shake three times per day on top of a two to three cans of sardines, at least four chicken breasts a day and one or two almond butter sandwiches .... never, ever feel sick or get constipated ... I take papaya enzyme chewables before and after every protein meal and shake ...plus my psyllium first thing in the morning keeps things moving :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...almond butter sandwiches ..../QUOTE]

What the hell are these!?

And damn! 100g shakes x 3 a day! Thats crazy :D! I used to take 50g pre, 50g intra, 50-75g post workout and I'd **** bricks. :(

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
The digestive enzymes and psyllium husks makes it tolerable,,, the shakes also have 1/4 cup of ground flax in them adding to the fiber

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
The digestive enzymes and psyllium husks makes it tolerable,,, the shakes also have 1/4 cup of ground flax in them adding to the fiber
I'll even throw in another shake in the middle of the night if I wake up hungry.. :)

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
chewable Papaya enzymes are good....I used to eat them like candy when we had free sample bottles for the customers at G-N-C when I was younger LOL....tasted like candy and worked wonders for your digestion....used to always be on BOGO

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah,, donuts and kalaches has happened!! But that's why I didn't say 100%.. HA!
you DID leave yourself a 1% "margin for error (lying)"......and I only saw donuts pre-WO posted once....so I guess I can't "prove" you did it more than once, but I have my suspicions that it happens more often than 1% of the time LOL :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm doing 100g of protein whey isolate per shake three times per day on top of a two to three cans of sardines, at least four chicken breasts a day and one or two almond butter sandwiches .... never, ever feel sick or get constipated ... I take papaya enzyme chewables before and after every protein meal and shake ...plus my psyllium first thing in the morning keeps things moving :)
That is just unnecessary and expensive. While there is no realistic upper limit for protein intake at one time, you are essentially "wasting" the protein when you could be taking in cheaper carbs for a similar effect (gluconeogenesis).

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
That is just unnecessary and expensive. While there is no realistic upper limit for protein intake at one time, you are essentially "wasting" the protein when you could be taking in cheaper carbs for a similar effect (gluconeogenesis).
he is on a shyt-ton of AAS and PH's right now, but even so.....thats excessive, like triple whats necessary :D

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I pay $2.00 a pound for boneless, skinless chicken breasts,, $1.00 a can for sardines and $40.00 for five pounds of whey isolate,, not sure where you're from,, but that ain't shït for money!! Trust me I get plenty of carbs too,, I keep bran flakes mixed with flax in a burr coffee grinder,, I put 6oz or more of the ground up blend in every shake,, I eat bread and oats etc etc... I'm eating over 4000 calories a day ... I also drink no less than two gallons of distilled water each and every day,,, enough to process all that protein, all my supps, AAS's etc and still stay hydrated ...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I pay $2.00 a pound for boneless, skinless chicken breasts,, $1.00 a can for sardines and $40.00 for five pounds of whey isolate,, not sure where you're from,, but that ain't shït for money!! Trust me I get plenty of carbs too,, I keep bran flakes mixed with flax in a burr coffee grinder,, I put 6oz or more of the ground up blend in every shake,, I eat bread and oats etc etc... I'm eating over 4000 calories a day ... I also drink no less than two gallons of distilled water each and every day,,, enough to process all that protein, all my supps, AAS's etc and still stay hydrated ...
I don't know where you live, but those are some insanely low prices. Still, carbs are a. more enjoyable (for me at least), b. cheaper, and c. are a more efficient fuel source than all this protein.

Water isn't going to help "process" anything. I've consumed well beyond 4k cals/day at some points of my life without exceeding 300g protein. You are welcome to do as you please, but I'd rather opt for balance in macronutrients.

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
Actually there's is no set rule in protein intake when I was new at lifting I would try to shoot for 45 to 50 per meal but this past year I droped it down to 30 to 35 and didn't notice any changes in my body composition, Just eat a well balanced meal. Eating way too much protein than your body needs doesn't mean faster growth just start with a gram per pound if you see results I don't see any reason why u need to go higher

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
It's easy when I get 25g protein per scoop of my isolate,, four scoops per shake,, three shakes per day on top of a high protein high (healthy) fat diet... lots of added cod liver, olive and grape seed oils to everything ....

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I'm 245 pounds,, so even at 1.5g per pound that's over 360g recommended for on cycle

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I'm 245 pounds,, so even at 1.5g per pound that's over 360g recommended for on cycle
yeah I could see 350 grams or so due to your size......I know I get tired of all that protein, once I start to hit 250-270 grams in a day I'm "done"....I have to force in anything past that point and that always sucks. I don't have a big appetite and protein foods make me full, therefore leaving no desire for more of it.....and drinking all those shakes is no fun either, bloats me up.....

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
Oh ok I was referring to a person not on cycle but if your on cycle I would go as high as I can too but for me I think I would drink a 100 gram shake at once but put it in a container and carry it with me and sip on it all day to spread it out won't be a problem for me since I always carry a jug with me all the time

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
yeah I could see 350 grams or so due to your size......I know I get tired of all that protein, once I start to hit 250-270 grams in a day I'm "done"....I have to force in anything past that point and that always sucks. I don't have a big appetite and protein foods make me full, therefore leaving no desire for more of it.....and drinking all those shakes is no fun either, bloats me up.....

You can always purée your chicken breast like what poundstone does

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
245 and 18% bf... plenty of lbm :)
300g sounds fine for you then, especially while bulking since protein will be spared. Now, with anabolics, you can obviously push it a little higher.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
300g of the daily protein is from whey isolate,, figure it's better to have too much than not enough while doing AAS's

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
grngoloco, there's really something wrong with you.

you must learn to listen the people who give you advices on the forum.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
As long as you have the daily fiber, water and digestive enzymes needed to support it, I see no reason to not have a high protein Intake

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Man get what u can get I wish I could eat that much. I have trouble getting 3000 cal a day .

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Man get what u can get I wish I could eat that much. I have trouble getting 3000 cal a day .
The two biggest helps to me being able to eat as much as I do are:

1) immediately upon waking up, I take two tablespoons of psyllium husks mixed with 8oz of aloe vera juice on am empty stomach

2) I chew two papaya enzymes, both before and after each meal and protein shake .....

I wouldn't be able to do it without those two things

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
I follow an IF protocol of only 2 meals, and my second meal is usually only 400-600 cals. Typically in my first meal, I'm taking in close to 200g of protein (majority of my daily intake - 1lb of lean beef, 1/2lb chicken breast, 2 scoops protein, Greek Yogurt, milk, egg whites). I've been following the dietary protocol for almost a year now, and I haven't seen any negative effects or any diminishing muscle growth as opposed to my protein intake being spanned out across a day. Truth be told, the only changes I've seen have been positive.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I follow an IF protocol of only 2 meals, and my second meal is usually only 400-600 cals. Typically in my first meal, I'm taking in close to 200g of protein (majority of my daily intake). I've been following the dietary protocol for almost a year now, and I haven't seen any negative effects or any diminishing muscle growth as opposed to my protein intake being spanned out across a day. Truth be told, the only changes I've seen have been positive.
I've definitely read that the whole concept of six meals a day may not be as necessary or beneficial as we have all been led to believe.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I'm thinking about going on the IF protocol along with peptides for fat loss following this bulking cycle I'm on now

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Yes but is your LBM 245 pounds? It's also 1.5g - 2.2g per kg I thought of LBM.

Looking it up.. yeah..

A position statement published by the ADA, DOC and ACSM recommends that endurance and strength-trained athletes have between 1.2 and 2.2 g/kg (0.5 - 0.8 grams per pound) of protein for the best performance and health.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Well if he has 4 shakes a day at 4 scoops (avg. cals per serving is 125 on protein powder it seems) that is around 2k a day in just cals from the protein powder.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Well if he has 4 shakes a day at 4 scoops (avg. cals per serving is 125 on protein powder it seems) that is around 2k a day in just cals from the protein powder.
More than that,, I put four scoops of whey(100g protein), 1/4 cup rye, 1/4 cup ground flax, 1/4 cup lecithin, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons cod liver oil and two tablespoons grapeseed oil in every shake four times a day,, that comes close to 1000 calories per shake each time,,, I love them!!! Also add in liquid Hawthorne, liquid CoQ10, luquid milk thistle and liquid DMAE h3 to my first shake of the day

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
Can u post a pic of your self? Why 18% body fat? That's kinda high don't you think? Unless your cycle is based around building strength and not bodybuilding I mean if ur body fat is that High your eating a lot of excess food, that % is kinda close if not already in the realm of being fat.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Can u post a pic of your self? Why 18% body fat? That's kinda high don't you think? Unless your cycle is based around building strength and not bodybuilding I mean if ur body fat is that High your eating a lot of excess food, that % is kinda close if not already in the realm of being fat.
Four years ago I was 310lbs at 40% bf.... today I am 245 and 15%.... 245 and 15% may not mean much to you,, you may think I'm fat,, I couldn't care less,,, if I were zero% bf I'd weigh 208... that's still some serious muscle!! I've come a long way and will go much farther,, this current cycle is all about pure muscle gains,, not too worried about bf%... that's coming next!! Fyi I'm 41yo and 6'1" tall ... definitely no slouch,, I can run 12 miles in 1.5 hrs while still benching 250lbs... I doubt very many people on here are capable of doing both!

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Yes but is your LBM 245 pounds? It's also 1.5g - 2.2g per kg I thought of LBM.

Looking it up.. yeah..

A position statement published by the ADA, DOC and ACSM recommends that endurance and strength-trained athletes have between 1.2 and 2.2 g/kg (0.5 - 0.8 grams per pound) of protein for the best performance and health.
This doesn't take into account what a man on AAS's and doing serious weight lifting may be able to utilize and need!! Besides I believe, given my fiber, water, healthy fats and digestive enzymes,, worst case scenario is it goes down the toilet,, doubt I'll have any negative health related issues from it.