Good dosage of NA-R-ALA?

TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Awards
I have a stack of Agmatine Sulfate, NA-R-ALA and Alcar. I take two agmatine pills in the morning with one NA-R-ALA and Alcar. Then before I lift, I take another two Agmatine and one more Alcar. I was wondering if I should take another NA-R-ALA cap before lifting or if the one in the morning is suffice?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
You should be consuming carbs soon after, depending on the dose. I'm assuming a cap has roughly 143mg of na-r-ala?

TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Awards
You should be consuming carbs soon after, depending on the dose. I'm assuming a cap has roughly 143mg of na-r-ala?
Yeah, I take these with carbs and the NA-R-ALA cap is 100mg each.

D3Baseball

Awards
Yeah, probably 100-300mg before a large carb meal, no more than 2x a day.

Maybe mr.cooper69 can come in and clarify

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Excellent stack, my personal favorite.

300mg Na-R-ALA + 1g Agmatine + 1g ALCAR in the AM with a high carb meal.

300mg Na-R-ALA + 1g ALCAR in the PM with a high carb meal.

Only do the second option if you can afford it; otherwise, bump up the ALCAR dose to 2g for the first option and that will suffice.

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established

Only do the second option if you can afford it; otherwise, bump up the ALCAR dose to 2g for the first option and that will suffice.
I've heard of people taking NA-RALA before bed to lower blood glucose levels to increase GH release during sleep. Thoughts on this? And how much is too much NA-RALA per day?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In addition you could do Ai sports nutritions

lclt, glycobol and Agmatine

Glycobol has 250 mgs na-r-ala per pill plus some other insulin mimetics.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've heard of people taking NA-RALA before bed to lower blood glucose levels to increase GH release during sleep. Thoughts on this? And how much is too much NA-RALA per day?
Only worth pursuing if you're loaded IMO. Def not an optimal way to use Na-R-ALA.

Hmmm

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Personally a bigger fan of LCLT than Alcar myself. And i have to take those jugs of LCLT i got from AI on the Black Friday sale will last you a long time its a good deal.

TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Awards

Awesome, thanks for tip. What do you consider to be a high carb meal? I don't have a lot of time before class so I usually have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, a banana, and some almonds.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Awesome, thanks for tip. What do you consider to be a high carb meal? I don't have a lot of time before class so I usually have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, a banana, and some almonds.
That is totally fine. Na-R-ALA's half-life will last the duration of your day, so the key is to simply take it in the morning. The high carb meal is to make sure you don't go hypoglycemic with your initial dose.

TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Awards
That is totally fine. Na-R-ALA's half-life will last the duration of your day, so the key is to simply take it in the morning. The high carb meal is to make sure you don't go hypoglycemic with your initial dose.
Cool, thanks a lot for the help. One more question. Should I be taking anything before I go to sleep? I've read about taking some more Agmatine or taking a supplement called hghpro. Any idea which is better, or cheaper?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cool, thanks a lot for the help. One more question. Should I be taking anything before I go to sleep? I've read about taking some more Agmatine or taking a supplement called hghpro. Any idea which is better, or cheaper?
In purchasing pre-bed products, the end result will simply be deeper and more refreshing sleep. Don't expect direct body composition changes. Appnut HGHUp and Nimbus Poseidon NightTime are good products for this purpose.

John33

Awards

Which brand(s) would you recommend for the above? I assume, SNS, but what do you think about Doctor's Best, Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid and Jarrow Formulas, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, with Biotin? Also, would you recommend taking Agmatine before or after a workout for someone who follows a low-carb diet? Thanks.

TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Awards
In purchasing pre-bed products, the end result will simply be deeper and more refreshing sleep. Don't expect direct body composition changes. Appnut HGHUp and Nimbus Poseidon NightTime are good products for this purpose.
Great, thanks again for your help. You sure do know your stuff.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Which brand(s) would you recommend for the above? I assume, SNS, but what do you think about Doctor's Best, Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid and Jarrow Formulas, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, with Biotin? Also, would you recommend taking Agmatine before or after a workout for someone who follows a low-carb diet? Thanks.
Geronova-licensed Na-R-ALA is the best I've used; yes, there is a difference. The NP bulk powder is geronova-licensed, so it's your best bet. I'd assume Doctor's Best is also legit too.

When do you eat the most carbs in your day? You may want to try 500mg pre and 500mg post to avoid a large dose that could induce hypoglycemia.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hghpro is awesome for a natural growth hormone release product. In addition, you could take agmatine before bed. If I had to pick one or the other clearly I would pick hghpro because I think it releases growth hormone moreso than agmatine.

we sell both at our website, plus l carntine tartrate, glycobol(na-r-ala), daa, recoverpro and others. =In addition we have a code that you can get 30% off plus a free t shirt. Pm me for more information

http://www.aisportsnutrition.com/mstore/

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, i've been taking 150mg 3-4x a day.. maybe ill try 2 bigger dosages split up.

Mike

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hmm, i've been taking 150mg 3-4x a day.. maybe ill try 2 bigger dosages split up.

Mike
Your method of dosing is fine. With a half-life that basically lasts all day, you just want to hit 300-600mg daily.

TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Awards
Hghpro is awesome for a natural growth hormone release product. In addition, you could take agmatine before bed. If I had to pick one or the other clearly I would pick hghpro because I think it releases growth hormone moreso than agmatine.

we sell both at our website, plus l carntine tartrate, glycobol(na-r-ala), daa, recoverpro and others. =In addition we have a code that you. can get 30% off plus a free t shirt. Pm me for more information
Do you take the hgh pro on non training days as well? I train on the weekdays and take the weekends off. Should I take it then too?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Your method of dosing is fine. With a half-life that basically lasts all day, you just want to hit 300-600mg daily.
I read a study awhile back that 1mg R-ALA (or 1.43mg NA-R-ALA) corresponds to cover 3.7g carbs. Does this sound right to dose na-r-ala dependent on the amount of carbs you're ingesting? So if I have 2 meals of 100g carbs during the day I will take in 529mg na-r-ala at each meal (separated by about 6 hrs or so). I'm guessing you would say this is overkill? I wait about 30 mins after the na-r-ala to get in the carbs in the morning, only time I ever felt like I was going hypo was when I took it with berberine. I'll look for the study...

uvawahoowa

Awards
I read a study awhile back that 1mg R-ALA (or 1.43mg NA-R-ALA) corresponds to cover 3.7g carbs. Does this sound right to dose na-r-ala dependent on the amount of carbs you're ingesting? So if I have 2 meals of 100g carbs during the day I will take in 529mg na-r-ala at each meal (separated by about 6 hrs or so). I'm guessing you would say this is overkill? I wait about 30 mins after the na-r-ala to get in the carbs in the morning, only time I ever felt like I was going hypo was when I took it with berberine. I'll look for the study...
My mistake, it was 3.7mg r-ala for every gram of carbs

gahcase21

Awards

I was unaware they added real na-r-ala to glycobol, when did that happen? is the the recent lots?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was unaware they added real na-r-ala to glycobol, when did that happen? is the the recent lots?
glycobol has had n-r-ala since at least 2009, when i got on with AI Sports.

currently I take one with my "wakeup stack" before breakfast and two before my post workout meal. These things really help me keep my muscle off cycle- na-r-ala with creatine is awesome

uvawahoowa

Awards
glycobol has had n-r-ala since at least 2009, when i got on with AI Sports.

currently I take one with my "wakeup stack" before breakfast and two before my post workout meal. These things really help me keep my muscle off cycle- na-r-ala with creatine is awesome
I thought it was more of a waste to take it post workout since your body is so insulin sensitive already?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought it was more of a waste to take it post workout since your body is so insulin sensitive already?
not from my understanding. I have been using r-ala this way since 2004, when I used to use a lot of ast products, study many of their articles, train max ot and be into the whole ast-ss thing (which is a great program)

gahcase21

Awards
how many post do you need on this site to post Images, like lab test results and stuff?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

trying that in my next offseason since i normally use r-ala before all meals.

Mike

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Can mr.cooper69 's recommended dosage of the aforementioned be taken in a post workout state? If not, how long post workout can they be taken?

Deadgame

Awards
Is mandatory to take with Biotin?? as:
"According to Dr. Packer, Alpha Lipoic Acid can compete with biotin and interfere with its activity in the body. Therefore, additional biotin should be taken when the daily intake of Alpha Lipoic acid exceeds 100 mgs."

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is mandatory to take with Biotin?? as:
"According to Dr. Packer, Alpha Lipoic Acid can compete with biotin and interfere with its activity in the body. Therefore, additional biotin should be taken when the daily intake of Alpha Lipoic acid exceeds 100 mgs."
In theory, he's right. In practice, he's wrong. Biotin is arguably the easiest vitamin to get via diet by a mile, and as long as you're eating and not malnourished, your diet should still cover your needs

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This I did not realize. Great info coop.

I always thought it was meant to be dosed like GDA products, multiple times a day prior to meals.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
This I did not realize. Great info coop.

I always thought it was meant to be dosed like GDA products, multiple times a day prior to meals.
I've taken 300mg in the morning without eating for a few hours and felt fine...

Isn't the combo supposed to stimulate AMPK as well?

Also, from some of the literature on ALA it seems that it's not much use for lean body types. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I've been rocking NP's bulk Na-R-ALA for awhile and I've noticed two things:

150mg for meals up to 60g CHO does the job

But 300mg Pre breakfast like how Coop mentions above is perfect for an entire day of insulin sensitivity. I'll do either 300mg pre breakfast, or 150/150

My day goes breakfast, then 2-3 hours later a 2 rice cake pre wo snack, then 50g HBCD intra, then carbs pwo and for dinner about another 30g starch and mucho veggies. SO sometimes I'll have another 150 mg here giving me a total of 300mg for the day

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love NaRALA.

150mg slit in two is my fav dose scheme.

Along side recompadrol or burn24 and you good to go.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Slin Sane V2 profile was legit. Glad I still have a couple bottles.

bb333

Awards
  • Established

Very, very good advice!
Thank you.

A few questions ...

ALA, has the same emivite, NA R-ALA?

tips assume NA R-ALA, before a meal, 20 minutes before or after a meal, after a meal?

600 mg of ALA, at the end of breakfast, to give me a sense of fullness.
Some time ago, I took 600 mg of ALA, after breakfast, with a few carbo, and after a few minutes I felt dizzy.

thank you

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
I too, will say that NA-R-ALA is good.

Honorable mentions are Recompadrol and AP(Anabolic Pump) which is awesome.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I too, will say that NA-R-ALA is good. Honorable mentions are Recompadrol and AP(Anabolic Pump) which is awesome.
Burn 24 is excellent too

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 32
ELROCK Supplements 65
firefighter2032 IGF-1/GH 1
Supplements 11
pavb10 Supplements 26