Vinegar vs Cinnamon vs GDA's - AnabolicMinds.com

Vinegar vs Cinnamon vs GDA's

Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Vinegar vs Exotic New Generation GDA's

What's the skiny here.

I know Recompadrol is a top notch supp (as one example) etc but is there a HUGE difference between these all?

Any proof?

AND......do these products work similarly?

Does one increase insulin sensitivity while another releases MORE insulin,etc as I'd be in favor of the former choice.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nothing?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

this thread might be of use: ** AutoKal Nutrient Partitioners Deathmatch **
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
    •   

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Apple cider vinegar shows lots of potential

Let me see if I can dig u some references for you
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh
    Apple cider vinegar shows lots of potential

Let me see if I can dig u some references for you
    At worst it's fairly cheap to use apple cider vinegar so your not out alot of money. But to me I love SlinSane it works and it's affordable. May want to look into that also OP.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

Slin sane and hemavol ftw!!!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Here you go

Vinegar

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7796781/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16321601/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16034360/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9630389/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14694010/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11435516/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11914987/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11826965/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15997099/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11826965/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16630552/

There was once an idea floating around to combine HCA + apple cider vinegar + citrate. I remember reading this but it was a very long time ago. I think it was from dsade, spook or from par? Cant really remember and google didnt turn up anything

And then onto cinnamon it appears to be not as clear.

Here we have - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14625128 - demonstrating cinnamon can improve the function of insulin in muscle cells

BUT

Then we have this meta-analysis - http://care.diabetesjournals.org/con.../1/41.abstract

Happy readings
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Judo for prezzz thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Judo for prezzz thanks buddy
    No worry

Check your inbox too
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Rec'd and Thank you!

Vinegar has a SICK amount of "evidence" to support its use.

I wonder why it's not utilized and discussed more; especially how cheap it is and given the affects whioch most of the members here are attempting to achieve (glucose disposal, recoomp, and enjoyng the occassional binge, etc)
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

plus it tastes good IMO.. always reminds me of easter eggs..
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Slamming 2 Tablespoons is BRUUUTAL

mmmm vinegar shots

I'm still trying to figure out how that fits in with enjoying the occasional binge.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Apple cider vinegar is so hard to take down haha. But it does work well.
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

do they make vinegar caps? I could never get this down.. i cant even stomach the smell of apple cidar vinegar. I use to put it on my face when i had bad acne after washing my face to fade red marks.. i hated it.

Mike
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench
    do they make vinegar caps? I could never get this down.. i cant even stomach the smell of apple cidar vinegar. I use to put it on my face when i had bad acne after washing my face to fade red marks.. i hated it.

Mike
    Doesn't swanson make it cap wise?
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yes there are caps. Just google it up.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Anyone just dilute it with water?

Does regular vinegar work or does it have to be apple cidar vinegar?

How much is everyone using?...
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Doesn't swanson make it cap wise?

Maybe thats where i saw it since i order everything from there haha.

Mike
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench

Mike
    You, can purchase vinegar caps
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

NOW Brand makes them relatively cheap
    I think (dont quote me) the reason apple cider vinegar is preferred is due to the high acetate/acetic acid content?
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Im pretty stoked, X-Factor, Test Factor Advanced and ACCelerant will all have effects on improving carbohydrate utilization making them all go to supplements for lean bulking as well as dieting

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    You, can purchase vinegar caps
    The vinegar caps have been around since they were trendy in the 80's. The problem is that you can only fit so much in a single dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    NOW Brand makes them relatively cheap
    I think (dont quote me) the reason apple cider vinegar is preferred is due to the high acetate/acetic acid content?
    White (distilled) vinegar is the winner for acetate concentration. You don't really want to take too concentrated as it will wreak havoc on your insides. There really is no real reason for apple cider vinegar. The whole thing with taking apple cider vinegar dates waaay back to the 50's as a common "alternative medicine" for various ailments.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

According to this study, it takes a whopping 9 capsules of powdered vinegar to equal the acetatic acid in 100 ml of vinegar (both yielding 750 mg Acetic Acid)

http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/...6_266/_article

100 ml = 6.8 Tablespoons = 750 Acetic Acid
    2 Tablespoons (traditional dosing) = 34 ml = 255 Mg Acetic Acid

Now Brand Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules are 450 mg EACH so approximatetly 1.8x (almost twice) the "standard" dose (of 2 Tbls)

One issue that remains is the "dose of 2 tablespoons". There is little if any science supporting this particular amount as efficasious (or safe).

Also, when you say "You don't really want to take too concentrated as it will wreak havoc on your insides", would you mind substantiating that comment? The only downside I have come across was the acid potentially eroding the enamel of your teeth and hence the advice to use capsules or throw down shot style (no swishing in the mouth). Also, as noted in the equation above, one could conclude that it makes MORE sense to use the LESS concentrated apple cider vinegar since such a little amount (caps or liquid) already provide plenty of acetic acid.

Interesting. Thanks for shedding some insight on this dosing caveat.

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    The vinegar caps have been around since they were trendy in the 80's. The problem is that you can only fit so much in a single dose.

White (distilled) vinegar is the winner for acetate concentration. You don't really want to take too concentrated as it will wreak havoc on your insides. There really is no real reason for apple cider vinegar. The whole thing with taking apple cider vinegar dates waaay back to the 50's as a common "alternative medicine" for various ailments.
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I have been taking 2 tablespoons of APPLE CIDAR VINIGAR twice a day for the past few months with good success..Dump it in about 6 ozs of water ang chug. Be aware that since it is an acid , its hard on the enamel of the teeth, so drink it down fast and rinse your mouth . As mentioned above, due to the taste, its not for everybody.
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Please elaborate - what have you observed effects wise.

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    I have been taking 2 tablespoons of APPLE CIDAR VINIGAR twice a day for the past few months with good success..
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Prior to taking vinigar I had been a little off on my diet. Although I had been training a fair amount for my age, my blood sugar was higher than usual and my weight was about 210. The vinigar coupled with an improvement in diet droped my A1C seven tenths of a point and bodyweight down to 190. Please note that blood sugar has been a concern for a number of years. I am 66 years old and my goal is good health and to be able to train until the day I die. Although I am not a big time lifter like some of you guys, I love my gym time. I hope this helps.
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Thanks for the information Patm. Glad to hear you benefitted

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    Prior to taking vinigar I had been a little off on my diet. Although I had been training a fair amount for my age, my blood sugar was higher than usual and my weight was about 210. The vinigar coupled with an improvement in diet droped my A1C seven tenths of a point and bodyweight down to 190. Please note that blood sugar has been a concern for a number of years. I am 66 years old and my goal is good health and to be able to train until the day I die. Although I am not a big time lifter like some of you guys, I love my gym time. I hope this helps.
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

Straight from the tap. Bottoms up with the acv
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

Acetic acid is a liquid at room temp. (melts at 60°F)

It's pretty damn easy to purify acetic acid to 100% purity. Don't drink glacial acetic acid.

The issue with acids is not the acid, it's the concentration. At strong concetrations, it will be corrosive to your esophagus.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    According to this study, it takes a whopping 9 capsules of powdered vinegar to equal the acetatic acid in 100 ml of vinegar (both yielding 750 mg Acetic Acid)

http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/...6_266/_article

100 ml = 6.8 Tablespoons = 750 Acetic Acid
    2 Tablespoons (traditional dosing) = 34 ml = 255 Mg Acetic Acid

Now Brand Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules are 450 mg EACH so approximatetly 1.8x (almost twice) the "standard" dose (of 2 Tbls)

One issue that remains is the "dose of 2 tablespoons". There is little if any science supporting this particular amount as efficasious (or safe).

Also, when you say "You don't really want to take too concentrated as it will wreak havoc on your insides", would you mind substantiating that comment? The only downside I have come across was the acid potentially eroding the enamel of your teeth and hence the advice to use capsules or throw down shot style (no swishing in the mouth). Also, as noted in the equation above, one could conclude that it makes MORE sense to use the LESS concentrated apple cider vinegar since such a little amount (caps or liquid) already provide plenty of acetic acid.

Interesting. Thanks for shedding some insight on this dosing caveat.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI

Similar Forum Threads

1. White Vinegar/Apple Cider Vinegar? Confused.
    By jshin in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 01:26 PM
  2. Oil and Vinegar?
    By massarmor in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 09:19 AM
  3. Black Vinegar
    By oswizzle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 11:45 AM
  4. Vinegar