Vinegar vs Cinnamon vs GDA's

  1. Vinegar vs Exotic New Generation GDA's


    What's the skiny here.

    I know Recompadrol is a top notch supp (as one example) etc but is there a HUGE difference between these all?

    Any proof?

    AND......do these products work similarly?

    Does one increase insulin sensitivity while another releases MORE insulin,etc as I'd be in favor of the former choice.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7


  2. Nothing?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  3. this thread might be of use: ** AutoKal Nutrient Partitioners Deathmatch **
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    Enter promo code "JWA" and receive 50% off your next MST order!
    •   
       


  4. Apple cider vinegar shows lots of potential

    Let me see if I can dig u some references for you
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  5. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh
    Apple cider vinegar shows lots of potential

    Let me see if I can dig u some references for you
    At worst it's fairly cheap to use apple cider vinegar so your not out alot of money. But to me I love SlinSane it works and it's affordable. May want to look into that also OP.

  6. Slin sane and hemavol ftw!!!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  7. Here you go

    Vinegar

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7796781/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16321601/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16034360/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9630389/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14694010/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11435516/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11914987/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11826965/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15997099/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11826965/

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16630552/


    There was once an idea floating around to combine HCA + apple cider vinegar + citrate. I remember reading this but it was a very long time ago. I think it was from dsade, spook or from par? Cant really remember and google didnt turn up anything


    And then onto cinnamon it appears to be not as clear.

    Here we have - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14625128 - demonstrating cinnamon can improve the function of insulin in muscle cells

    BUT

    Then we have this meta-analysis - http://care.diabetesjournals.org/con.../1/41.abstract

    Happy readings
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  8. Judo for prezzz thanks buddy
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Judo for prezzz thanks buddy
    No worry

    Check your inbox too
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  10. Rec'd and Thank you!

    Vinegar has a SICK amount of "evidence" to support its use.

    I wonder why it's not utilized and discussed more; especially how cheap it is and given the affects whioch most of the members here are attempting to achieve (glucose disposal, recoomp, and enjoyng the occassional binge, etc)
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  11. plus it tastes good IMO.. always reminds me of easter eggs..

  12. Slamming 2 Tablespoons is BRUUUTAL
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  13. mmmm vinegar shots

    I'm still trying to figure out how that fits in with enjoying the occasional binge.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  14. Apple cider vinegar is so hard to take down haha. But it does work well.

  15. do they make vinegar caps? I could never get this down.. i cant even stomach the smell of apple cidar vinegar. I use to put it on my face when i had bad acne after washing my face to fade red marks.. i hated it.

    Mike

  16. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench
    do they make vinegar caps? I could never get this down.. i cant even stomach the smell of apple cidar vinegar. I use to put it on my face when i had bad acne after washing my face to fade red marks.. i hated it.

    Mike
    Doesn't swanson make it cap wise?

  17. Yes there are caps. Just google it up.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  18. Anyone just dilute it with water?

  19. Does regular vinegar work or does it have to be apple cidar vinegar?

    How much is everyone using?...

  20. Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Doesn't swanson make it cap wise?

    Maybe thats where i saw it since i order everything from there haha.

    Mike

  21. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench
    do they make vinegar caps? I could never get this down.. i cant even stomach the smell of apple cidar vinegar. I use to put it on my face when i had bad acne after washing my face to fade red marks.. i hated it.

    Mike
    You, can purchase vinegar caps
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  22. NOW Brand makes them relatively cheap
    I think (dont quote me) the reason apple cider vinegar is preferred is due to the high acetate/acetic acid content?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  23. Im pretty stoked, X-Factor, Test Factor Advanced and ACCelerant will all have effects on improving carbohydrate utilization making them all go to supplements for lean bulking as well as dieting

  24. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    You, can purchase vinegar caps
    The vinegar caps have been around since they were trendy in the 80's. The problem is that you can only fit so much in a single dose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    NOW Brand makes them relatively cheap
    I think (dont quote me) the reason apple cider vinegar is preferred is due to the high acetate/acetic acid content?
    White (distilled) vinegar is the winner for acetate concentration. You don't really want to take too concentrated as it will wreak havoc on your insides. There really is no real reason for apple cider vinegar. The whole thing with taking apple cider vinegar dates waaay back to the 50's as a common "alternative medicine" for various ailments.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  25. According to this study, it takes a whopping 9 capsules of powdered vinegar to equal the acetatic acid in 100 ml of vinegar (both yielding 750 mg Acetic Acid)

    http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/...6_266/_article

    100 ml = 6.8 Tablespoons = 750 Acetic Acid
    2 Tablespoons (traditional dosing) = 34 ml = 255 Mg Acetic Acid

    Now Brand Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules are 450 mg EACH so approximatetly 1.8x (almost twice) the "standard" dose (of 2 Tbls)

    One issue that remains is the "dose of 2 tablespoons". There is little if any science supporting this particular amount as efficasious (or safe).

    Also, when you say "You don't really want to take too concentrated as it will wreak havoc on your insides", would you mind substantiating that comment? The only downside I have come across was the acid potentially eroding the enamel of your teeth and hence the advice to use capsules or throw down shot style (no swishing in the mouth). Also, as noted in the equation above, one could conclude that it makes MORE sense to use the LESS concentrated apple cider vinegar since such a little amount (caps or liquid) already provide plenty of acetic acid.

    Interesting. Thanks for shedding some insight on this dosing caveat.

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    The vinegar caps have been around since they were trendy in the 80's. The problem is that you can only fit so much in a single dose.

    White (distilled) vinegar is the winner for acetate concentration. You don't really want to take too concentrated as it will wreak havoc on your insides. There really is no real reason for apple cider vinegar. The whole thing with taking apple cider vinegar dates waaay back to the 50's as a common "alternative medicine" for various ailments.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  26. I have been taking 2 tablespoons of APPLE CIDAR VINIGAR twice a day for the past few months with good success..Dump it in about 6 ozs of water ang chug. Be aware that since it is an acid , its hard on the enamel of the teeth, so drink it down fast and rinse your mouth . As mentioned above, due to the taste, its not for everybody.

  27. Please elaborate - what have you observed effects wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    I have been taking 2 tablespoons of APPLE CIDAR VINIGAR twice a day for the past few months with good success..
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  28. Prior to taking vinigar I had been a little off on my diet. Although I had been training a fair amount for my age, my blood sugar was higher than usual and my weight was about 210. The vinigar coupled with an improvement in diet droped my A1C seven tenths of a point and bodyweight down to 190. Please note that blood sugar has been a concern for a number of years. I am 66 years old and my goal is good health and to be able to train until the day I die. Although I am not a big time lifter like some of you guys, I love my gym time. I hope this helps.

  29. Thanks for the information Patm. Glad to hear you benefitted

    Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    Prior to taking vinigar I had been a little off on my diet. Although I had been training a fair amount for my age, my blood sugar was higher than usual and my weight was about 210. The vinigar coupled with an improvement in diet droped my A1C seven tenths of a point and bodyweight down to 190. Please note that blood sugar has been a concern for a number of years. I am 66 years old and my goal is good health and to be able to train until the day I die. Although I am not a big time lifter like some of you guys, I love my gym time. I hope this helps.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  30. Straight from the tap. Bottoms up with the acv
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

  31. Acetic acid is a liquid at room temp. (melts at 60°F)

    It's pretty damn easy to purify acetic acid to 100% purity. Don't drink glacial acetic acid.

    The issue with acids is not the acid, it's the concentration. At strong concetrations, it will be corrosive to your esophagus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    According to this study, it takes a whopping 9 capsules of powdered vinegar to equal the acetatic acid in 100 ml of vinegar (both yielding 750 mg Acetic Acid)

    http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/...6_266/_article

    100 ml = 6.8 Tablespoons = 750 Acetic Acid
    2 Tablespoons (traditional dosing) = 34 ml = 255 Mg Acetic Acid

    Now Brand Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules are 450 mg EACH so approximatetly 1.8x (almost twice) the "standard" dose (of 2 Tbls)

    One issue that remains is the "dose of 2 tablespoons". There is little if any science supporting this particular amount as efficasious (or safe).

    Also, when you say "You don't really want to take too concentrated as it will wreak havoc on your insides", would you mind substantiating that comment? The only downside I have come across was the acid potentially eroding the enamel of your teeth and hence the advice to use capsules or throw down shot style (no swishing in the mouth). Also, as noted in the equation above, one could conclude that it makes MORE sense to use the LESS concentrated apple cider vinegar since such a little amount (caps or liquid) already provide plenty of acetic acid.

    Interesting. Thanks for shedding some insight on this dosing caveat.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. White Vinegar/Apple Cider Vinegar? Confused.
    By jshin in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 02:26 PM
  2. Oil and Vinegar?
    By massarmor in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 10:19 AM
  3. Black Vinegar
    By oswizzle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 12:45 PM
  4. Vinegar
    By The Graduate in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Log in
Log in