UK suppliers have just been told to pull back a lot of supplements

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established

"Important Message: We just got off the phone to the MHRA and we need to comply with their requests which will involve us going through our entire product catalogue and delisting many. Products targeted will include those containing 1,3 Dimethylamylamine and Synephrine which will mean the loss of most fat burners and preworkouts.

We will be able to fulfil all orders that come in but once products are delisted it will not be possible to buy them. We are taking legal advice on this but for now we must comply with the law even if we disagree with it.
"

"I think people are missing the wood for the trees here. Targeted ingredients: milk thistle, 1,3, synephrine, Hoodia, Rauwolscine, yohimbine, melatonin, GABA, evodiamine, clary sage, Tribulus, icariin/epimedium, white willow bark, ephedra, forskolin, plus a load I forget. These will ALL need to be removed. This is not the end by any means but the start of it."

"To those who asked we believe Craze Is likely going to be hit. Got a big list of ingredients coming our way but 99% sure it is going to be hit. Even a non-stimulant one like Hemavol is hit for the epimedium!"

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
"Anything with the ingredients I listed already. We are removing products as we speak from the site. That is why you cannot find, to use one example, Somadrol by EST or Need2Sleep (Melatonin), nor Alphaburn (Rauwolscine). We are steadily going to delist all those ingredients plus a ton more. Basically, if it is a herb it is banned."

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure how relevant this is for you guys in the US, however if this is going to be the world consensus (this is affecting all of Europe) that we need to ban certain herbs and remedies for the safety of the people, I guess it won't help the current fight you already gave with the FDA.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
It's horrible :(

Profion

Awards
Dear god! the world of bodybuilding is dissolving
why the hell, thank god i just ordered a bunch of supplements that might get off.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to America! Oh wait... my bad... Sorry for your losses over there.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Profion

Awards
Man i dont know if i am able to get out of and do my workout without a preworkout products ****!

why the hell dont they just ban prohormones, they have negative sides.. Ive never had any bad experiences with other supplements .. pff

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
People need to chill with our goodies!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
list so far of stuff being banned

Ephedra
Yohimbe
Sida Cordifolia
Milk Thistle
Coleus Forskolii
Carulluma
Evodia
Gugglesterones
Tribulus
Uva Ursi
Valerian
Hoodia
White Willow
Rauwolfia
1,3 Dimethylamylamine
Synephrine
Salix Alba
GABA
Melatonin -
DHEA
Tongkat Ali
Horny Goat Weed
Epimedium
Eurycoma Longifolia

Theres a couple not on there that i hope they leave alone!

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Darn this is going to bite america in the ass...

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Hope there are other EU suppliers from other countries that will not remove this products like UK suppliers will.

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Currently on the banlist:

Ephedra
Yohimbe
Sida Cordifolia
Milk Thistle
Coleus Forskolii
Carulluma
Evodia
Gugglesterones
Tribulus
Uva Ursi
Valerian
Hoodia
White Willow
Rauwolfia
1,3 Dimethylamylamine
Synephrine
Salix Alba
GABA
Melatonin - really?!
DHEA
Tongkat Ali
Horny Goat Weed
Epimedium
Eurycoma Longifolia

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I don't think any suppliers will delist until they have been visited by the MHRA and asked to delist the products. Why would they. I'm not saying this won't happen, but it will take the MHRA a certain of time to visit all of the larger supplement stores, so we have some time on our side to stock-up. I also wonder the degree of difficulty for these companies to set-up off-shoots to get rid of this stock, I'm assuming they won't just bin it.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
It's not a list of things that are being "banned". The MHRA is of the opinion that all of the above are medicinal products and so require market approval before they can be sold. The legislation has been around for years; they are only now enforcing it.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established

Ephedra
Yohimbe
Sida Cordifolia
Milk Thistle
Coleus Forskolii
Carulluma
Evodia
Gugglesterones
Tribulus
Uva Ursi
Valerian
Hoodia
White Willow
Rauwolfia
1,3 Dimethylamylamine
Synephrine
Salix Alba
GABA
Melatonin - really?!
DHEA
Tongkat Ali
Horny Goat Weed
Epimedium
Eurycoma Longifolia
Ridiculous

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
It's not a list of things that are being "banned". The MHRA is of the opinion that all of the above are medicinal products and so require market approval before they can be sold. The legislation has been around for years; they are only now enforcing it.
Well banned for sale as supplements if you prefer then. For years? I was under the impression it was last year this happened?

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
isent melatonin for tanning?
No that is melanotin. Melatonin is a hormone used in supplements to promote better sleep :)

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established

Jimmbob

Awards
Any idea how long we have before it happens? Want to stock up but can't for a few weeks and fear I may miss my chance...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That list shows a fair amount of either ignorance or it's just a malicious attack on the industry. A lot of the things on that list are less harmfull than aspirin...

Profion

Awards
Well i woudent go against a riot of bodybuilders and powerlifters :p

diggyboo

diggyboo

Awards
That list shows a fair amount of either ignorance or it's just a malicious attack on the industry. A lot of the things on that list are less harmfull than aspirin...
No kidding, lol u can easily OD on aspirin, u can go to the store and buy liquor, which I'm sure more people have died from than any drug, and u can buy cigarettes, which have a highly addictive drug in them... But no milk thistle???

Profion

Awards
well isent milk thistle used for those that run PHs or oral roids, kinda says it all ?

i woudent know any thing about milk thistle if hadent joined the dark side

diggyboo

diggyboo

Awards
well isent milk thistle used for those that run PHs or oral roids, kinda says it all ?

i woudent know any thing about milk thistle if hadent joined the dark side
Yep, but hell my parents use milk thistle and they are 63 and 70 years old and have never touched a PH or Roid. In trying to hurt the steroid community they will be hurting a lot more people. Milk thistle is used to help the liver!

henryv

Awards
  • Established
A lot of the things on that list are less harmfull than aspirin...
Aspirin is an approved drug so the comparison isn't particularly useful. Aspirin sought and gained market approval as a medicinal product - unlike these products.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Yep, but hell my parents use milk thistle and they are 63 and 70 years old and have never touched a PH or Roid. In trying to hurt the steroid community they will be hurting a lot more people. Milk thistle is used to help the liver!
The more this thread bumps the more I cringe at night.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
milk thistle... wtf

that is some shady **** taking off most of those products.. they are really sticking it to the minority out there

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just tired of these fuggin pencil necks trying to tell me how to live my life!!! Fug off!! and mind your own fuggin business!!!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Not looking good at all. over 250 products been taken down off a uk supp site now :(

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
IGF-2 noooo!

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
That's the problem with "prohibitionist" laws, eventually everything gets "prohibited".

You will hear us scream and wail about our favorite supplements being "outlawed", but then again - many of us are actually responsible for allowing these political dimwits to have this kind of power.

How many of us believe that marijuana and cocaine, and other drugs should be banned? A significant number. How many of us believe that cigarettes should be banned or heavily taxed? A significant number. Hell, some of us even support bans on sodas and other sugary drinks ... bans on transfats ... you name it.

That's the pols do it folks - they pick one politically insignificant constituency after another ... they isolate it ... and they start banning stuff in order to solidify their political control over us. Hell, ObamaCare has a 10% tax (TEN PERCENT TAX) on tanning your tally whacker (or any other body part) in a tanning salon. Reason? Because HE NEEDS $$ for OBAMACARE and the sexy ladies who own the tanning salons are politically insignificant to him they can HATE HIM EN MASSE but it does nothing to damage him!

Will we ever learn?

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Well..I live in the UK, but I have an American address on base that I can still get everything from America... It's only a matter of time until the U.S. jumps on the bandwagon

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Not sure how Big Pharma + Govt. works in the U.K. but if it is anything like here they would rather you buy their pharma pills and have to take like 15 others to combat the side effects from the first rather than take specific stuff that is herbal that has very low if any side effects.

My condolences to you guys in the U.K.
And we are going to have hell on our hands soon in the U.S.

Those dimwits want to control and ban everything from supplements, to internet.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
reading this just made me very sad!

scares me to imagine where this is all going...

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I don't get how this one company is being told to remove all these products, but then all these other UK supp sites still have them for sale ???

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
I don't get how this one company is being told to remove all these products, but then all these other UK supp sites still have them for sale ???
They simply haven't been contacted by the MRHA yet.

jin

jin

Awards
  • Established
the only way to beat these people is to ignore them.
they tell you to do something, ignore them
want you to pay taxes, ignore them
want you to fight in their wars, ignore them

cop? ignore him.

they will lock us up, but eventually, too many people will ignore them and the whole thing will fail.

of course, military doods, coppers, you guys have to find your nuts and grow a conscience,
defend the constitution per your oath,
and IGNORE illegal orders, refuse to jail people for nonviolent victimless crimes, and basically just leave us all alone.

otherwise, we are looking at civil war in this country.