Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just purchased some of this stuff and I'm trying it out tonight. It came in a huge jug. I'm gonna have to go out and get a spray bottle or something. Just opened it up and poured some in my hands and rubbed on. Anyone else use this?. Not sure how well my hairy ass body will absorb it.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
I've heard about it on SHR and always wondered if it was worth the money.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I put it on the top of my feet when I ran it. Mike Mahler also suggest to do the same. He advocates it use pretty heavily and has his own bloods online.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is hard to figure out how much to use exactly because it doesn't come with any type of measurement device.
I think it was a lot of sprays. Like 12-14? But I only used like 4-6. 2-3 per foot. I will start using it again when spring hits.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm. I'm stumped.

Let's see what others have to say lol.

I found the application guide at the ancient minerals site. It doesn't say how much is in a teaspoon for the oil but I'll email them and ask. Either that or I will go to the dollar store and see if they sell empty spray bottles and pour some in there. Not sure about that either though because with a bottle like that you are not going to get a metered spray like with the bottle that would come with the smaller size version.

bpclipper10

Awards
  • Established
Read about this stuff. Interested to see how u like it. Considering trying this one

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Used it for months

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys I found this on the bottle last night,

"3g elemental magnesium per fl.oz/30mL."

Missed that last night, must have been tired. So 1500 mg per Tablespoon.

I did sleep very deeply last night. Felt good when I woke up. Think I'll start with about 3 Tablespoons or 4.5 grams.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a staple for me

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been getting great sleep these past two days. It doesn't knock me out but when I sleep I sleep deep and straight through. Last night I tried 3 Tablespoons worth. I poured out each TBSP into a measuring cup. Then I poured a little out in my hand each application. It was a little too much I ended up pouring some back into the bottle. Certain areas of the skin burn from this product. It is very oily. When it drys it leaves an annoying white residue which I'm guessing is the magnesium. Its kind of ridiculous, when its dry I look like I've rolled around in flour or something. So far I think it is worth the hassle though because of the great sleep I'm getting. Hopefully this continues.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I tried some other cheap version a while back. It came in a sprayer and i rubbed it all over my upper body. I really couldnt tell if it was working or not and stopped using it, but my jew senses tell me that i need to bust it back out and use it...

I just wasnt completely convinced it was going through the skin, but i guess its the same concept as the epsom salt baths. So if one works so should the other.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried some other cheap version a while back. It came in a sprayer and i rubbed it all over my upper body. I really couldnt tell if it was working or not and stopped using it, but my jew senses tell me that i need to bust it back out and use it...

I just wasnt completely convinced it was going through the skin, but i guess its the same concept as the epsom salt baths. So if one works so should the other.

This version is supposedly the best. My first night I had great sleep. Last night(my second night) I had great sleep as well. So far I think it is working. If you rubbed that much on and didn't notice anything I don't think it was working for you.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
is this stuff better than the Swanson brand, which goes for about 1/3 the price?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Same as Swanson, I have used both, Swanson's is much cheaper LOL. Stuff is legit.

pnut143

pnut143

Awards
Are we just talking about a magnesium supplement that gets absorbed transdermally?

For me, I always just get magnesium citrate as local grocery store (it's next to the stool laxatives). In the bottle, there is around 14g magnesium citrate for 1$. As long as you know how to measure out your portions you will be fine, but if you don't... Gonna be on the toilet for a while.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anything that improves sleep - SUB'd!

Keep us posted T-BONE

SupremeMMA

Awards
I've been interested in this for a while now but I'm skeptical don't know it will work with ZMA at night and Epson salts baths 1 - 2 times a week. That's a lot of Magnesium, guess I have to do the research.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Been curious about this as well. Currently using Ionic Magnesium Fizz which is mostly mag carbonate. Seems to work quite well for me..sleep, muscle tightness, and relaxation all improved.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been interested in this for a while now but I'm skeptical don't know it will work with ZMA at night and Epson salts baths 1 - 2 times a week. That's a lot of Magnesium, guess I have to do the research.
The cool think about topical magnesium is that your skin will only absorb as much magnesium as your body will allow.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used way too much last night. The stuff drys up and turns into this white chalk like substance. No fun. Didn't get very good sleep last night at all. I'll start using less and email the company to see if they can ship me an empty spray bottle.

redrobe

Awards
I used the spray on magnesium oil for a couple months. I did not experience any benefits for sleep or whatever else it's supposed to help with.

Also read that you'd have to practically soak in a bath of magnesium oil to get the amount absorbed that the makers of the oil claim. Some chemistry forum. Supposedly it's much harder to absorb the magnesium molecule transdermally due to the size of the molecule?

I recall reading that if our skin absorbed minerals that easily we would die from absorbing toxic levels of minerals everytime we went swimming, etc.

Something to at least read up on if you're wondering about the claims that transdermal is superior.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I did a three month run of transedermal mag and noticed nothing at all :/
but! my test level is/was so low that it probably canceled out any possible benefit, so..
yeah as usual I don't count, Ima freak lol

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are severely deficient in magnesium it could take months for your body to reach the point where its no longer deficient

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
If you are severely deficient in magnesium it could take months for your body to reach the point where its no longer deficient
Yeah but after my blood results I thought
was a better idea to get the test level back at least to normal (lol i have 0.56 on a 3 to 8 range, where 3 is a 80yo man..)
and then give it a try again.
Altho', i have to say I kinda hate transderm

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I was curious if this would help out with my newly acquired and horrible case of tennis elbow. Any thoughts? I know magnesium in general is good for tendonitis, muscle problems, etc and I ran into this stuff while doing some research online.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
I use Natural Calm before bed for the past 3 weeks and it has helped alot with sleep apnea and just getting an overall good nights sleep. I wake up without a headache and actually feel like getting out of bed.....

Been curious about this as well. Currently using Ionic Magnesium Fizz which is mostly mag carbonate. Seems to work quite well for me..sleep, muscle tightness, and relaxation all improved.

SupremeMMA

Awards
The cool think about topical magnesium is that your skin will only absorb as much magnesium as your body will allow.
Wasn't aware of that, thanks

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You only have to leave the product on for 20 minutes. After that you are suppose to shower or rinse off the residue. It does help me feel calm, but not enough to induce sleep. At first it made me feel sleepy but not anymore. I can still feel the calmness though. It is a pain in the butt though applying it and then sitting around in your drawers waiting 20 minutes for it to dry. You can't sit back on anything because then you will get it all over your furniture. You have to sit straight up and not lean back or relax for 20 minutes. Then you have to go take a shower and if you already took one that day then you are just gonna waste a new pair of clothes. Not to mention if you take more than one shower a day you can really dry out your skin. Maybe I will start putting this on during the day instead but that doesn't make much sense for the calming sensation it provides. It does seem to help minimize painful joints. I rub it on my knees and when I happen to have pain in one of them the pain dissipates somewhat.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the candid feedback

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
For me it isn't. Also I do not take it off, just stand by a fan and it will dry in 5 minutes. Also rub it don't just spray, you rub it and massage into your skin.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Just make sure you dont get it in your cuts! I put it on after shaving one day and it was the worst stinging pain ever.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I leave mine on over night....

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Good thing to add to my list of things to take when I finally stop Librium. :p Thanks!

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Intredasting.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Can't leave it on overnight. It burns on my skin and feels itchy. I haven't been using it for a few days now.
It is supposed to burn especially if you are deficient in magnesium as most are. Some people will have a reaction but it won't just a burning sensation but actual skin rash.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is supposed to burn especially if you are deficient in magnesium as most are. Some people will have a reaction but it won't just a burning sensation but actual skin rash.
mine still itches every now and again. Love, mag, oil