Anyone else abandoned supplements?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Not trying to be "holier than thou", but wouldn't you say that if using every supplement under the sun resulted in the best possible gains, you could get within 95% of that just using food and a grocery-store multi vitamin?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Suppliments have their place, but they never replace good nutrition.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love this post because I am and always have been a huge believer in proper nutrition, rest, and good habits to make the best gains physically and mentally. A lot of people want a quick fix and an easy route, so they look to supplements for the magic elixir. It was only after I had my diet dialed in many years ago that I looked to supplements for the extra edge. They have a place and are very effective once you are in tune with yourself.

On a side note- I don't know the typical demographic here because I just stumbled across this place, but I am so glad that I did. I'm not the body builder type, rather I enter endurance events, play rugby, race DH, etc. so I may not be the norm around here. That being said, this is the only forum I have found where people actually seem to know what the hell they are talking about and aren't flaming everyone. People here seem serious about whatever they are into, so there is a ton of valuable information floating around. So, thank you, AM!

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
I use supplements for the mental aspect, probably not a great technique but that's why I take preworkout, Bcaas, protein, ect

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Not trying to be "holier than thou", but wouldn't you say that if using every supplement under the sun resulted in the best possible gains, you could get within 95% of that just using food and a grocery-store multi vitamin?
Yes, I agree. I've not come off everything, but I have severely minimized things to see how I'd react. One word for the wise: Eat good. :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
after my m1d cycle followed by a LX mini cut i will more than likely focus on food, recovery, and training only, atleast for a while that it...side note; probably drop a multi also...

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Nothing like when your diet is spot on and the supplements just go to work perfectly!