Hawthorn Berries for BP

Jbrooks

Awards
  • Established
I have read alot that for BP one should take 3G a day into 3 doses. My question is what Brand/version of Hawthorn should I get? some things say the leaves are best and the fruit is not as good . So I think I have confused myself the more I read on it

What do folks here reccomend

Cheers

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly, i just take Bio Mend. It has hawthorn berry in it as well as a few other anti oxidents and its cheap. one of my staples year around

i would also suggest vitaberry if your looking for an all around anti oxident

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
the standardized extract is the real deal....the ones I got have hawthorn extract (141mg per cap) which is standardized to 1.8%/2.5mg of vitexin. also in each cap is regular old hawthorn berries at 424mg per cap. so they are about 500 or so mg per cap with a mix of standardized and berry. I take 6 of them a day when on a harsh PH and it actually keeps BP relatively in check. If anything you might hit the bottom of high normal, but usually you'll be on the high end of normal, not in high normal. When not on harsh PH's? it will keep you way low, REALLY effective. But make sure to get the EXTRACT/standardized version....not some random berry powder....

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the standardized extract is the real deal....the ones I got have hawthorn extract (141mg per cap) which is standardized to 1.8%/2.5mg of vitexin. also in each cap is regular old hawthorn berries at 424mg per cap. so they are about 500 or so mg per cap with a mix of standardized and berry. I take 6 of them a day when on a harsh PH and it actually keeps BP relatively in check. If anything you might hit the bottom of high normal, but usually you'll be on the high end of normal, not in high normal. When not on harsh PH's? it will keep you way low, REALLY effective. But make sure to get the EXTRACT/standardized version....not some random berry powder....
There you go answer right there.

Jbrooks

Awards
  • Established
Excellent thanks for explaining. Which brand is this ?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Excellent thanks for explaining. Which brand is this ?
Its from one of the 2 big Health/nutrition store chains, various places have the extract....usually any large nutrition/health store or large line of herbals sold on the net has an herbal extract subset. You just have to make sure its the standardized extract when reading the ingredients.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Just eat a bowl of cheese. Cheese cures everything >.< num num num num

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
swanson makes a damn good extract.

Jbrooks

Awards
  • Established
Can you PM me a link to the one you reccomend. I went to their site they seem to have quite a few as well as other brand names

Thanks for your time sir

Jbrooks

Awards
  • Established
ok thanks everyone I had missed an earlier PM and now purchsed

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you PM me a link to the one you reccomend. I went to their site they seem to have quite a few as well as other brand names

Thanks for your time sir
just search hawthorn.. its a 120ct bottle.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm using Puritan's Pride extract (150mg, 2% Vitexin), and it seems good and economical. This brand does have a very pungent odor to it - not sure if it really matters or not. Some of the other brands I've tried didn't have much of a smell to them.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm using Puritan's Pride extract (150mg, 2% Vitexin), and it seems good and economical. This brand does have a very pungent odor to it - not sure if it really matters or not. Some of the other brands I've tried didn't have much of a smell to them.
They piss me off with there buy 2 get 3 free deals lol.. to much work to figure out how much I'm paying per bottle haha. My parents use them.. I use Swanson.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They piss me off with there buy 2 get 3 free deals lol.. to much work to figure out how much I'm paying per bottle haha. My parents use them.. I use Swanson.
I use swanson for a lot of things too. I've even used their Testofen before. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from them a week or so ago - Vitamin C, Coq10, Taurine, Magnesium Taurate and some 5HTP. Hard to beat their prices. I'm pretty sure I went with Puritan's Hawthorne because is was slightly cheaper at the time, but it does have a really strong odor to it.