just curious if anyone has used this and your thoughts on it please

tks

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haven't used it...I like the profile of 750mg Agmatine & 500mg HICA though...interested in trying it out...I believe there are a few logs of it over at one of the 'other' forums....if you use it let us know how it goes for you..

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I like agmatine but what exactly is HICA supposed to do?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like agmatine but what exactly is HICA supposed to do?
tis a metabolite of Leucine....

"One you don’t hear a lot about is A-alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic acid more commonly known as HICA.

HICA is the most recent amino acid to be surrounded with new research relating to augmented muscle development.

During metabolism the Amino Acid L-Leucine is broken down into smaller components. These smaller components are known as ‘metabolites’ of the original compound. HICA is a metabolite of the Amino L-Leucine.

HICA is present when Leucine is burned within the muscle cells. HICA then signals the need to increase the muscles anti-catabolic processes. Recent studies from a Finnish university can be seen below.

In short, those athletes supplementing with HICA added more lean mass and less fat than those athletes not supplementing with HICA. The athletes supplementing with HICA also reported that their muscles were less sore following exercise.

So the studies show athletes using HICA benefited from increased recovery and increased protein synthesis, something we all aim to achieve when training!"

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
tis a metabolite of Leucine....

"One you don’t hear a lot about is A-alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic acid more commonly known as HICA.

HICA is the most recent amino acid to be surrounded with new research relating to augmented muscle development.

During metabolism the Amino Acid L-Leucine is broken down into smaller components. These smaller components are known as ‘metabolites’ of the original compound. HICA is a metabolite of the Amino L-Leucine.

HICA is present when Leucine is burned within the muscle cells. HICA then signals the need to increase the muscles anti-catabolic processes. Recent studies from a Finnish university can be seen below.

In short, those athletes supplementing with HICA added more lean mass and less fat than those athletes not supplementing with HICA. The athletes supplementing with HICA also reported that their muscles were less sore following exercise.

So the studies show athletes using HICA benefited from increased recovery and increased protein synthesis, something we all aim to achieve when training!"
Sounds pretty damn good. How much did they use per day in the study?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds pretty damn good. How much did they use per day in the study?
I want to say 500mg...but I'm not for sure...there are several studies floating around...will see if I can find some..

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I want to say 500mg...but I'm not for sure...there are several studies floating around...will see if I can find some..
Thanks I'd appreciate that. SNS have any plans of capping some HICA soon?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I could just get some BCAAs and be fine... problem solved. Total gimmick product.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks I'd appreciate that. SNS have any plans of capping some HICA soon?
pretty sure we aren't, no.

So I could just get some BCAAs and be fine... problem solved. Total gimmick product.
haha, could be....much like HMB was...I'm not running out to buy this one just yet...just waiting for any valid/real world feedback to surface...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hernandez910 Weight Loss 13
MeatHead1o1 Training Forum 15
hvactech Supplements 1
Supplements 2
Supplements 5