Is it safe for me to drink these "older" Isopure Smoothies?

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I recently received a 12-pack of Isopure Smoothies that I ordered online. After drinking 1 of them, I was looking at the bottle and I noticed that it said "Best by January 5 2012."

Are these safe to drink? It's not an expiration date - it merely says "best by . . ."

The ingredients are filtered water, whey (milk) protein isolate,peach puree concentrate, orange juice concentrate,phosphoric acid, non-dairy creamer (sunflower oil, maltodextrin, sodium caseinate, mono- and diglycerides, dipotassium phosphate, soy lecithin), milled flaxseed, pectin, natural & artificial flavors, malic acid, cellulose gel, sucrose, cellulose gum, fish oil, sucralose

Since I bought the stuff off of Amazon, I received a request to rate the seller, so I explained how I wouldn't have purchased these drinks if I had known that they were older. I was immediately contacted by the seller, who said that he wished I had told him about my problem with his product before writing my review, because now he had to take his ad down (or something like that). There was no apology or offer for me to return the product. Plus, I have already destroyed the box, and I would have to pay shipping (which was expensive due to the weight of the 12 bottles).

What do you think?

Is there an ingredient in the mix that might be spoiled a month after the "best by" date?

All opinions are welcome!

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
BTW - they have 32 grams of protein and taste good - that's why I originally purchased them!

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
IMO they would be fine because its non dairy. I would drink them. I say if they taste fine then keep drinking them.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
as long as you didnt get sick and they taste ok, then you should be good

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't have given bad feedback to the seller before contacting him and letting him know there was a problem. First I would have contacted the seller and let them know. He was probably upset that you are giving him bad feedback. I would be upset too. You don't just give sellers bad feedback like that. It's just rude.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just enjoy them.

When I worked at ***, we used to "penny out" the expired products that we wanted to each other. Many times it was Isopure and old ABB drinks. I drank them very long after the sell-by date, for years, and never got sick.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't have given bad feedback to the seller before contacting him and letting him know there was a problem. First I would have contacted the seller and let them know. He was probably upset that you are giving him bad feedback. I would be upset too. You don't just give sellers bad feedback like that. It's just rude.
I would have. That's the seller job to check the exp.date

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Just enjoy them.

When I worked at ***, we used to "penny out" the expired products that we wanted to each other. Many times it was Isopure and old ABB drinks. I drank them very long after the sell-by date, for years, and never got sick.
Now that's the news I've been waiting to hear!

Thanks.