Great thread!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I've had great luck running Relora long term. You get used to it/take it for granted until you go without it for a week and really notice the difference.

Makes me curious what Relora and Ani would do.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I've never heard of Relora. I need to read up on it.

Holy crap, I don't know how I had not heard of this. I read up for the last few hours and it seems like a pretty amazing supplement for stress. I just ordered some and will be adding to my ani stack.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Because of the dhea increase from taking it , my libido gets a healthy increase.
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.74%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Re: Anti Anxiety Supplements

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I've never heard of Relora. I need to read up on it.

Holy crap, I don't know how I had not heard of this. I read up for the last few hours and it seems like a pretty amazing supplement for stress. I just ordered some and will be adding to my ani stack.
    Update us?

- Valdez
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Update us?

- Valdez
    Absolutely. I should have it on Wed and will start with a twice daily dose with the Ani and alpha gpc.

I have an exec meeting with a Fortune 1000 company on Thur and then another the following Wed, along with a presentation for approx 15 people. These will be good gauges for me because I already know what to expect and my normal routine would be to take 1-2 hours before:

750 Ani
    300 A-GPC
    100 Bacopa
    100 L-theanine

I'm going to only take the Ani and A-GPC along with the Relora. I don't expect much for the first meeting because I will have only around 24 hours of it in my system. The follow week should be a good measure because that will be a full 7 days and most people seem to be reporting 4-5 days for it to have full effect.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Because of the dhea increase from taking it , my libido gets a healthy increase.

Me too. A little bit of fat loss and boosted libido are great side effects.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I used the Relora and Sensoril combo 6 years ago for some time and it gave major improvements in anxiety.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

So I received my Relora on Tuesday evening and took a dose. They are 300mg pills. Slept like I normally do, but my youngest is getting a cough, so we were up several times through the night. Yesterday I took only my Ani, AGPC, and a Relora. Fairly stress free day with everyone leaving the office early, so I started prep for my meeting today. Took another mid afternoon dose of Ani, AGPC, and Relora and admittedly, I had a really noticeable calming feeling about an hour later. I normally getting really anxious and rewrite reports several times, but my mind kind of just slowed down. Nothing crazy, but worth noting.

Went to sleep about 11 and my poor daughter was up all night and I only got about 4 hours of sleep, but I woke up at 5am feeling pretty refreshed and awake. Ate some steak and eggs and made a shake for the drive into work then took the Ani, AGPC, and Relora. Again, about an hour or so later, I had the feeling of sedation come over me. Very calming, but I needed to have an edge going into this meeting, so I drank a 1/2 cup of coffee. Had my exec meeting and the best way to describe it was "fluid" I had no anxiety, but I also had no real inflection in my talking. It made for a very concise, calm delivery, but under energized.

Right now as I type this, I am in a loud restaurant with a lot going on around me, but I am pretty laser focused on writing this. I don't feel any stress from the shouting and commotion around me, which is odd.

It's only been a couple of days, but I do feel like I can say the effect Relora has on me initially is very similar to a benzo like Valium. I will keep up the Ani, AGPC, and Relora only and report back on it over the weekend or next week to see what may change or if it stays the same.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.03%
    Achievements Activity Pro

How do you guys like 5-HTP?
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.06%

So I received my Relora on Tuesday evening and took a dose. They are 300mg pills. Slept like I normally do, but my youngest is getting a cough, so we were up several times through the night. Yesterday I took only my Ani, AGPC, and a Relora. Fairly stress free day with everyone leaving the office early, so I started prep for my meeting today. Took another mid afternoon dose of Ani, AGPC, and Relora and admittedly, I had a really noticeable calming feeling about an hour later. I normally getting really anxious and rewrite reports several times, but my mind kind of just slowed down. Nothing crazy, but worth noting.

Went to sleep about 11 and my poor daughter was up all night and I only got about 4 hours of sleep, but I woke up at 5am feeling pretty refreshed and awake. Ate some steak and eggs and made a shake for the drive into work then took the Ani, AGPC, and Relora. Again, about an hour or so later, I had the feeling of sedation come over me. Very calming, but I needed to have an edge going into this meeting, so I drank a 1/2 cup of coffee. Had my exec meeting and the best way to describe it was "fluid" I had no anxiety, but I also had no real inflection in my talking. It made for a very concise, calm delivery, but under energized.

Right now as I type this, I am in a loud restaurant with a lot going on around me, but I am pretty laser focused on writing this. I don't feel any stress from the shouting and commotion around me, which is odd.

It's only been a couple of days, but I do feel like I can say the effect Relora has on me initially is very similar to a benzo like Valium. I will keep up the Ani, AGPC, and Relora only and report back on it over the weekend or next week to see what may change or if it stays the same.
    Be careful with regular use of Relora. Everyone that I had recommended the Relora to, had some withdrawal issues after using it consistently and then running out. They'd tell me something similar. After they ran out, for 2-3 days they experiences headaches, depressed mood, and anxiety.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    How do you guys like 5-HTP?
    It works great for me if I take it with dinner (at least some carbs). I'll get a good night's rest and wake up feeling more refreshed. More is not better. Unless you are making up for a serotonin defficiency, such after discontinuing an SSRI, use 25-50mg of 5htp.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    It works great for me if I take it with dinner (at least some carbs). I'll get a good night's rest and wake up feeling more refreshed. More is not better. Unless you are making up for a serotonin defficiency, such after discontinuing an SSRI, use 25-50mg of 5htp.
    Hm I don`t feel any serotonin deficiency after discontinuing SSRI.

Will try 5-HTP as a replacement for SSRI,that`s for sure.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.06%

Hm I don`t feel any serotonin deficiency after discontinuing SSRI.

Will try 5-HTP as a replacement for SSRI,that`s for sure.
    That's a good thing. If you are still taking an SSRI and plan on using 5-HTP, I would consult with your prescribing doctor first, before starting the 5-HTP. 'Serotonin storm' is an uncomfortable state.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Be careful with regular use of Relora. Everyone that I had recommended the Relora to, had some withdrawal issues after using it consistently and then running out. They'd tell me something similar. After they ran out, for 2-3 days they experiences headaches, depressed mood, and anxiety.
    Good to know, I will keep that in mind. I had been reading that it takes 5-7 days to build in your system, so I did not anticipate it coming on so quickly. If this is indeed how it works with me, I'll either keep it, or drop it if there are side like that. Hell, kava kava, does the same thing for me, but I have concern over the liver issues.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Day 5 taking Relora twice a day, 300mg tabs and what I can say to this point is that it seems to work well with Ani for me. Ani calms my mind and lets me think clearly by pulling my thoughts together and allowing me to recall better. The Relora seems to work more on the body. I seem to feel an overall calmness physically, which again, reminds me of a benzo. It is a really nice feeling, but it may be a little counter productive to fitness. Yesterday at my muay thai class, I was just not there in the zone that I need to be in. It was kind of a "whatever" feeling in my body, and I didn't have the aggression. Same thing at the gym this morning. Made me kind of just wander to my next sets, instead of feeling a purpose to get in there and kill weights.

To this point, I think it is very interesting and physically calming supplement. I like it, but will likely spot dose before events that I want to be relaxed at, instead of taking it all the time. Since I now know it doesn't need to build up in my system.
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.74%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Re: Anti Anxiety Supplements

Day 5 taking Relora twice a day, 300mg tabs and what I can say to this point is that it seems to work well with Ani for me. Ani calms my mind and lets me think clearly by pulling my thoughts together and allowing me to recall better. The Relora seems to work more on the body. I seem to feel an overall calmness physically, which again, reminds me of a benzo. It is a really nice feeling, but it may be a little counter productive to fitness. Yesterday at my muay thai class, I was just not there in the zone that I need to be in. It was kind of a "whatever" feeling in my body, and I didn't have the aggression. Same thing at the gym this morning. Made me kind of just wander to my next sets, instead of feeling a purpose to get in there and kill weights.

To this point, I think it is very interesting and physically calming supplement. I like it, but will likely spot dose before events that I want to be relaxed at, instead of taking it all the time. Since I now know it doesn't need to build up in my system.
    Awesome updates man very detailed. Thank you kindly brother.

- Valdez
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.35%

Regarding 5-HTP, iīve taken some time ago and i didnīt notice anything special but..

Last summer i recommended it to a friend who was a little depressed and it causes some side effects. Gas, GI issues, stomach pain, etc.. She even had to go to the hospital at the fifth day. She didnīt say that was taken 5-HTP and doctors said that was some poisoning food.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17%

Quote Originally Posted by Wary View Post
    does anyone remember NeuroBalance like 3-5years ago? That was such an AMAZING supplement for anxiety. It was liquid phenibut but the delivery was different with no-side effects and i never really noticed a tolerance, altho I was very careful cause if how expensive it was and how great it was. now i see guys posting 5 supps for anxiety lol before it was just neurobalance that's all you needed.
    I'm late on this but YES I love this stuff. Apparently the delivery system it used was patented thus the death of the supplement. Boy how I miss it though
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.75%

I bought myself some demiurge and took it before my physics exam and had 0 test anxiety and was so relaxed and focused. That stuff is good.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.35%

Sometimes i take Suntheanine L-Theanine, but never felt it like today..

The dosage isnīt always the same.. Range between 75-300mg.

Today iīve taken 300mg and after a about 20 minutes i felt a relaxed state and some kind of sedating effect i never felt before, even with 300mg.

It should be always this way
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.03%

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleM101 View Post
    Sometimes i take Suntheanine L-Theanine, but never felt it like today..

The dosage isnīt always the same.. Range between 75-300g.

Today iīve taken 300g and after a about 20 minutes i felt a relaxed state and some kind of sedating effect i never felt before, even with 300g.

It should be always this way
    You mean mg?
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.35%

You mean mg?
    Right right.. my mistake. Edited

If they were g, i would be relaxed for sure
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.03%

So I am experiencing some real anxiety these days.

I`ve had anxiety for a long time so I`ve learned how to manage it somewhat.

I`m compiling an order form iherb,should I add suntheanine to help take the edge off and try to prevent it from escalating?
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.87%

He-ell yes. Theanine plus ashwaganda are keeping me mellow despite the annual holiday in law attack.

Take the theanine on an empty stomach in the morning, then again sometime in the afternoon for best results.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Of all the OTC anxiety fixes, I think that L-theanine (suntheanine) has proven to be the one that almost everyone agrees works well. It is backed with a lot of research and testing, so that adds to the credibility. I don't take it everyday because it does really mellow me out and I need a little edge, but it is great for spot relief. 100mg to start, or 200mg if I need a real chill.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anti-Anxiety supplements
    By ms8172 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 12:58 PM
  2. best supplements for anxiety?
    By bill86 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
  3. Anxiety and Depression Supplements
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM
  4. Best supplements for anxiety
    By machine528 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
  5. Do anti-anxiety type meds lower cortisol?
    By rkretz in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 05:07 PM