Himalaya Liver Care aka Liv52

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
How good is this stuff? I don't see any Milk Thistle, NAC, R-ALA, etc.
I got a good price $12.99 - so I figured I'd try it...

Could this replace NAC during a M1T cycle?

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Never really heard feedback on it, but it's an Aurvedic fomula (traditional herbal formulas from India), that paradigm of healing is usually strictly herbal. Heard some good things about Aurvedic remedies just not that particular product...

size

Awards
  • Established
NAC is good stuff to take. I believe Liv52 contains silymarin which is essentially milk thistle

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Capers (Capparis spinosa) - Well-documented hepatic stimulant and protector. Improves the functional efficiency of the liver.

Wild Chicory (Cichorium intybus) - Powerful hepatic stimulant, increases bile secretion, acts on liver glycogen and promotes digestion.

Black Nightshade (Solanum nigrum) � Promotes liver and kidney health and has shown hepatoprotective activity in cases of toxicity induced by drugs and chemicals.

Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) � Tonic for heart and liver. Regulates hepatic cholesterol biosynthesis.

Negro Coffee (Cassia occidentalis) � Digestive and hepatic tonic.

Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) � Stimulative tonic for the liver.

Tamarisk (Tamarix gallica) - Hepatic stimulant; also provides digestive support

Recommended Dosage:
Directions for Tablets: Take 1 or 2 tablets twice a day, preferably with meals.

Caution: Keep out of direct light and out of reach of children. The use of natural products provides progressive but long-lasting results. Allow several weeks for full benefits.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the wild chicory plays a similar role that the milk thistle (silymarin) in cleansing the liver...overall looks good. Always a plus to cleanse the kidneys as well...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Oh it cleans the Kidneys??

boby-at

Awards
liv. 52 is good but some people (like me) tend to be quite sensitive to cassia products - works extremely laxative with me, especially over 3 tabs/day

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh it cleans the Kidneys??
"Black Nightshade (Solanum nigrum) � Promotes liver and kidney health and has shown hepatoprotective activity in cases of toxicity induced by drugs and chemicals."

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
liv. 52 is good but some people (like me) tend to be quite sensitive to cassia products - works extremely laxative with me, especially over 3 tabs/day
Guess that could pose a problem ;)

The reason they put that in the blend is because the bile, that cleanses the liver, carries the toxins and fatty build-up to the bowels to be eliminated from the body...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info, I have gotten stomach aches since being on - I thought it was 5 weeks of Nolva doing it

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
"Black Nightshade (Solanum nigrum) � Promotes liver and kidney health and has shown hepatoprotective activity in cases of toxicity induced by drugs and chemicals."

Oh Good!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
It is regarded as the hands-down best Liver Supplement?

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Bumping this...anyone have any opinions on taking liv52 during and post oral cycle? How does this compare to the many other liver products people use, like NAC,milk thistle, etc.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Been using for several months now and love it..I get the 120 count bottles from Sam and take 2 in the morning and 2 at night while on cycle, 3 per day when not on. It doesn't give the short term little burst in energy that NAC does, but it does just make me feel better overall and I "think" it along with apple cider vinegar has been clearing up my chronic cystic acne.

I'm not sure what is doing it exactly, but my skin is clearer than it has been in years. Even while on cycle this last time I did not get the usual messy flare up of lesions and cysts. Liver values looked good after a lengthy oral cycle.

I'm going to use it long term. Since NAC/MT is so cheap, one could reasonable stack it with Liv 52 while on cycle if they are really concerned about their liver. I went with Liv 52 solo because supposedly, MT messes with the androgen receptors...not that I have seen or felt any difference.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutra carry this now? Im gonna check. I have been taking 2 tabs ED ever since i got of oral methylated gear. I have heard some bb's swear it is better than NAC/MT combo.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
NP carries it for 1/3 of what my local supp shop has it for. Viva la NP!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i just saw that. Im on my trial with it so far so good.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The farts on it during the first few weeks are..like wow..just something pretty special. There were some icky things in my liver.

lol

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I hate to bump an old thread but its better than starting a new one. Any of u guys still using it? Anyone know how it compares to SAMe and others? After reading on it it sounds like one if not the best.

Mike

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Have to agree with Rodja. This thread was done BEFORE Cycle Support from Anabolic Innovations was done by Lake Mount D. It is now sold at Nutra Planet here: Anabolic Innovations and is often in the top 10 best sellers there. Or if you like you can get the capped version by the name of Life Support.

IMO there are ALOT of other things to be concerned about when on a cycle then just the liver and Cycle Support address them as well.

CROWLER

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Have to agree with Rodja.

IMO there are ALOT of other things to be concerned about when on a cycle then just the liver and Cycle Support address them as well.

CROWLER
I totally agree. I know for fact, cholestrol is out of whack. Just wondering.

BTW I will be using cycle support to hopefully correct that problem:thumbsup:

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
liver longer

liver longer from thermolife, albeit quite expensive might be a really good option!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cholesterol can't be regulated unless the liver is functioning well. They are not seperate issues.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Cholesterol can't be regulated unless the liver is functioning well. They are not seperate issues.
I have read about this. Bloodwork for my liver came back fine. HDL is low though, mostly due to my smokeless tobacoo habit. So u are telling me that my liver is not working well even though liver values are in the normal range?

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
hey bioman

I have question maybe you could answer. with the concern of raised cholesterol levels during cycles, would be advised to back off of whey proteins which are really loaded with cholesterol and go with Egg instead?

just a thought

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have question maybe you could answer. with the concern of raised cholesterol levels during cycles, would be advised to back off of whey proteins which are really loaded with cholesterol and go with Egg instead?

just a thought
If you use WPI, then there is about 5mg of cholesterol per serving. Why do you have so much hate for whey?

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
i cant affor wpi all the time

Im old school, im 44 now, the old guys in the gym i trained in growing up always used egg....and said anything coming from dairy will make you look soft and more thick skinned. So, i just hate dairy products really from a pre contest bodybuilding aspect. Dont get me wrong, i love pizza and ice cream like the next guy...but not for guys that come up to me and ask how to get lean. My first response has always been cut out the dairy and the sugar.

oh well, other than that, i guess im hating the price increase too. Most whey concentrates are between 20 to 60mgs of cl per serving. I look into the isolate.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im old school, im 44 now, the old guys in the gym i trained in growing up always used egg....and said anything coming from dairy will make you look soft and more thick skinned. So, i just hate dairy products really from a pre contest bodybuilding aspect. Dont get me wrong, i love pizza and ice cream like the next guy...but not for guys that come up to me and ask how to get lean. My first response has always been cut out the dairy and the sugar.

oh well, other than that, i guess im hating the price increase too. Most whey concentrates are between 20 to 60mgs of cl per serving. I look into the isolate.
Cutting out dairy is old-school brotelligence. There have numerous studies showing the benefits of dairy on body composition and performance.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
liver longer from thermolife, albeit quite expensive might be a really good option!
thanks for the kind words. i like to stack life support (didnt like cycle support flavor) with liver longer for all anabolic steroids cycles that i do. im trying to get Ron to put out more data/test on users taking liver longer while on/off methylated orals.

i was reading a thread, here, about a month ago and a guy posted that he was taking milk thistle and liver longer, got tested before and during (dont know about after) but his liver values were 35% lower while on a cycle with superdrol. results were surprising none the less. that is why i feel very comfortable when doing any type of cycle when i have some life support and liver longer....**** even the names make me feel warm and fuzzy inside and prob. lower my blood pressure 2 points.:head:

Redeemer

Awards
Been using for several months now and love it..I get the 120 count bottles from Sam and take 2 in the morning and 2 at night while on cycle, 3 per day when not on. It doesn't give the short term little burst in energy that NAC does, but it does just make me feel better overall and I "think" it along with apple cider vinegar has been clearing up my chronic cystic acne.

I'm not sure what is doing it exactly, but my skin is clearer than it has been in years. Even while on cycle this last time I did not get the usual messy flare up of lesions and cysts. Liver values looked good after a lengthy oral cycle.

I'm going to use it long term. Since NAC/MT is so cheap, one could reasonable stack it with Liv 52 while on cycle if they are really concerned about their liver. I went with Liv 52 solo because supposedly, MT messes with the androgen receptors...not that I have seen or felt any difference.
Good point. This liv 52 might be good stuff but there is no reason or excuse to eliminate the NAC.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For my next long oral cycle I think i will do cycle support with NA-R-ALA and maybe Liv 52... Funny for year I never spent a cent on health but now that i am "older" I realize how bad that was.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
What I was referring to with liver function and cholesterol relates more to the stress we put on our livers during cycle and how this stress directly impacts the synthesis and output of cholesterol. This gets reflected in what the HDL/LDL ratio ends up as.

IMO, one can add cholesterol modulating supps during a cycle but without active liver support..it probably won't do much good. You have to actually attack the problem by both supporting the liver AND using a chol supp and even then, depending on what oral compound you are running, your lipid numbers will likely get skewed..but not as bad as without support.

Harsh orals like M1T are going to stress the liver to the point of "choleostasis"..ie to the point where the liver stops synthesizing cholesterol..especially the good HDL fractions. On these types of compounds it's especially important to add some kind of liver/chol support though I would shy away from statins in this situation.

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
It s a lot cheaper if you buy the DS(double strength) version of liv52..

How do you guys dose this on an oral cycle if cycle support is used also..?

sunilji

Awards
Liv 52 is a herbal preparation which is supposed to have protective effects on the liver. It is often prescribed in liver diseases. Liv 52 DS is the Double Strength preparation and presumably only half the dose is required to produce the same effect.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Bumping this...anyone have any opinions on taking liv52 during and post oral cycle? How does this compare to the many other liver products people use, like NAC,milk thistle, etc.
Heard in other threads that NAC blows Liv52 away.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strong 8yr. bump.....