Fenugreek actaully bad for testosterone cause it raises estrogen?

hawaiijedi

Awards
I thought that fenugreek is supposed to be a sood test booster but I didn't know women take it to increase estrogen and breast milk production. How is this good for us dudes? I also read in the advanced forum that Dr. D said he would stay away from fenugreek. Anyone have a good explanation or know more about this?? Even *** has the fenugreek in their male vitamin packs.....

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Weird nobody replied to this since I'm also searching for this to get clarified.

Even found at this link
Livestrong.com/article/469985-does-fenugreek-increase-testosterone-levels/

Fenugreek and Testosterone

As of June 2011, a thorough review of available literature reveals no studies that support the use of fenugreek in raising testosterone levels. A study showing no effect on testosterone levels, however, is readily apparent. In a 2009 study published in "Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise," fenugreek supplementation was conclusively shown to have no effect on the hormonal profile of the test subjects. In a study on male and female rabbits published in "Contraception" in 2006, fenugreek not only lowered circulating androgens, including testosterone, it decreased fertility in both genders.
This could explain why many users feel nothing when taking fenugreek products or products containing them.

xspeed9190

Awards
Would love further follow up on this. I tried MP ZMA Max and was excited to see it has this fenugreek. While only 50mg i was sure to notice something....nope now im interested in trying Animal Stak or Battle Fuel. Trib vs Fen
Im mostly concerned about gyno
PjS

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Fenugreek is crap. Has been known for quite some time. There may be a little merit in Testosurge, but that's about it.

xspeed9190

Awards
Fenugreek is crap. Has been known for quite some time. There may be a little merit in Testosurge, but that's about it.
Do you think Tribulus is any better? I am looking for that extra edge. I see that on BB.com animal stak is rated pretty high with a lot of reviews. I also am worried about gyno. i lost 90 lbs over the past year and i dont want to develope gyno and ruin all my hard work. anyone hear of any side effects ???

xspeed9190

Awards
Go with DAA bros
Ok cool ill have to look that up. I have been doing p90x for a year now and got great results but i still have some residual belly fat and some fat around my pecs, my doctor when i was younger said it was gyno but its almost all gone now and i dont feel any tissue. I am just scared to take something then acctually develope into gyno

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
In 4 knowledge

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do you think Tribulus is any better? I am looking for that extra edge. I see that on BB.com animal stak is rated pretty high with a lot of reviews. I also am worried about gyno. i lost 90 lbs over the past year and i dont want to develope gyno and ruin all my hard work. anyone hear of any side effects ???
No, tribulus is only good for boosting libido. If you're worried about gyno with DAA, run it with Erase/L-Dopa.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
I am just asking because i have never tried one. And thats the only thing im worried about.
Well no worries to be had brosef, if you were taking a ds like SuperDrol or M14add then maybe we would have a problem but I have NEVER heard of gyno from a natty testy. Hopefully an expert on this can chime and support or reject this

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Would be great then if there would be a version of HCGenerate without fenugreek.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I don't know I'm taking testopro which has testofen (has fenugreek 300mg, but also has 600mg of other stuff in it) and DAA and my Test numbers via blood test have shown an increase. It may be all DAA I'm not for sure, but I will say it's helping me keep strength and lean out quite well.

I noticed a lot of the supplement companies have built in AI's with fenugreek, i'm wondering if that is how they are raising the test without the estrogen.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't get gyno from any natty test boosters, idk where they are getting this lol
It could have been me or ???, but I started getting an erect sore left nip while on Lit Up and IGF-2. I can take IGF- without issues so I surmised it was the DAA in Lit Up. Stopped the Lit Up and things are good. Kind of sucked because I kind of liked Lit Up.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
People have reported Gyno issues with DAA. Mainly if you already had a bit of high body fat. It's rare but it does happen. Herbal AI's have always been enough to take care of it though, it's not needing a high level serm or anything.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
People have reported Gyno issues with DAA. Mainly if you already had a bit of high body fat. It's rare but it does happen. Herbal AI's have always been enough to take care of it though, it's not needing a high level serm or anything.
I was probably in the 10 to 12 range. Calipers and a scale at anti aging doctor said around 10 or just below, but I don't think I look around 10 percent. I am very lean from professional and big wave surfing for 35 years. I almost bought another tub of Lit Up to try again, but opted for Assault a few days ago. You think I would be safe to give another try. 44 years old, 5'11" and 168 to 172. Would love to add a little lean mass and I already consume maybe 4000 calories a day to crazy metabolism and active lifestyle.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I was probably in the 10 to 12 range. Calipers and a scale at anti aging doctor said around 10 or just below, but I don't think I look around 10 percent. I am very lean from professional and big wave surfing for 35 years. I almost bought another tub of Lit Up to try again, but opted for Assault a few days ago. You think I would be safe to give another try. 44 years old, 5'11" and 168 to 172. Would love to add a little lean mass and I already consume maybe 4000 calories a day to crazy metabolism and active lifestyle.
DAA should be a staple imo. If you are getting a little sensitivity in the nipples I'd get something like Erase/Erase Pro. Should be enough to stunt any sides like that from DAA.

xspeed9190

Awards
DAA should be a staple imo. If you are getting a little sensitivity in the nipples I'd get something like Erase/Erase Pro. Should be enough to stunt any sides like that from DAA.
Awesome thanks for the info guys. So trib/fenu are our DAA is in.
And stack with erase
Sounds like a plan

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
not a fan of DAA. fenugreek is good, its in 8-10 T boosters. all of those companies are not putting something that boosts E in T boosters.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
not a fan of DAA. fenugreek is good, its in 8-10 T boosters. all of those companies are not putting something that boosts E in T boosters.
This is not a valid point. I can name 50 companies with CEE and glutamine products. Different extracts of fenugreek MAY bypass the estrogen issue, but realistically, Testosurge is the only extract I feel has a chance of doing so (but the research hasn't been published yet unfortunately).

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't get gyno from any natty test boosters, idk where they are getting this lol
From what I have seen there have been a fair number of people reporting this. I had my nips get a little itchy day 3-4 of using DAA. It tells me A: its doing something alright and B: it does have an effect that could be related to that area.

Go with DAA bros

DAA I know I have enjoyed results from. Fenugreek, I cannot remember it ever working solo(Had a bottle of just it) but when used in a mix-supp there was results. Also raising estro a little is not a horrible thing, only if it raises too fast and/or closes the gap with test/estro balance does it become an issue.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
I would stay far away from fenugreek, Dr D says its HIGHLY estrogenic

But if you must try fenugreek at least go for Testofen because its 50% fenusides which is the testosterone boosting ingredient in fenugreek

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been using Testofen for a long time and love it

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Basically we have come to the consensus that different stuff works for different people, find what works for you and stick to that

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I think I recall reading someone in the forum suggest running a low dosed ai while on daa as a preventive measure.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
Well crap I'm running Titanium XL as part of my PCT and DAA.
If a SERM is part of your PCT I wouldn't worry about elevated estrogen from fenugreek or DAA

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Weird nobody replied to this since I'm also searching for this to get clarified.

Even found at this link
Livestrong.com/article/469985-does-fenugreek-increase-testosterone-levels/

This could explain why many users feel nothing when taking fenugreek products or products containing them.
the testofen is intended to raise free T, not total T... but this boring anyway. Testofen is probably working mostly through insulin/glucose metabolism.

Can someone please suggest one negative physical effect of testofen (fenugreek)? Weve been selling this stuff for years without a single report of gyno.

-eric

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
the testofen is intended to raise free T, not total T... but this boring anyway. Testofen is probably working mostly through insulin/glucose metabolism.

Can someone please suggest one negative physical effect of testofen (fenugreek)? Weve been selling this stuff for years without a single report of gyno.

-eric

Just the way this is phrased...

People have drank water for years without a report of Gyno...(yet it has flouride in it which riases estro)

I think the statement is that it does nothing to raise test levels, but minutely raising estrogen levels wont create gyno.

It probably comes down to cost/benefit ratio.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just the way this is phrased...

People have drank water for years without a report of Gyno...(yet it has flouride in it which riases estro)
Your right. this fits right into the rest of this thread. We should stop drinking water.

I think the statement is that it does nothing to raise test levels, but minutely raising estrogen levels wont create gyno.

It probably comes down to cost/benefit ratio.
I dont know about the cost benefit ratio but I know people using a quality fenugreek supplement are usually getting stronger, leaner, and feeling more sexually potent. Im just wondering exactly what this supposed increase in estrogen is doing that is so horrible.