Aminos...

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.22%

Aminos...

Are amino acid supplements like necessary? do they help a lot like recovery etc? Are they worth buying?

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

With a thread like this you are just going to get opinion and speculation. Also you may get a ton of arguing back and fourth for about 15-20 pages or more for and against. So in the end you will end up making your own decision and starting a thread like this really doesn't get you anywhere.

Here, I will start with my opinion that that do help a lot with recovery but are not necessary. They are worth buying if you have the extra money for them and can really help especially while dieting. Take my opinion and all others with a grain of salt though. Seriously you will not end up with anything that useful after this thread has been up for several weeks. Just a lot of back and fourth, maybe some arguments, dumb pictures, internet tough guys and infantile behavior.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.06%

Even if you're perfectly healthy, or if you want to increase your health or athletic response, increasing your intake of Aminos through nutritional supplements is advised. L-Arginine was a popular Amino Acid supplement, for example, of bodybuilders and athletes well before it hit the mainstream consciousness. L-Arginine increases the body's production of human growth hormone (HGH), which is critical to increasing muscle mass. Additionally, N-acetylcysteine (NAC) boosts the body's production of antioxidants and antioxidants neutralize free radicals.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.31%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Here, I will start with my opinion that that do help a lot with recovery but are not necessary. They are worth buying if you have the extra money for them and can really help especially while dieting..
    Same opinion here. NP had a great deal on modern BCAA which I love so I stocked up. I take 10 grams throughout the day and 10 grams while I train, does help with recovery.

BCAA's have anti-catabolic properties and can increase protein synthesis.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

i use them during school because i go around 3 hours without a meal (class time) so i sip on BCAAs during that time. also, during a cut, they are VERY beneficial.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

If you have the money and are a very serious bodybuilder or just want better muscle gains ,and fatloss

try recoverpro 125 servings for 39.99 and a nice taste http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/a....html?sel=4055

Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I think they are. I use them like no other when dieting.. but when bulking.. i use em intra and immediate post, but only because i can afford it. I would have no problem leaving it out when bulking.. but i wouldnt attempt cutting without em.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.22%

ok appreciate the input i probably will try recoverpro if i ever deicde to go into an all out cutting cycle :P
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

That is going to depend on your diet, training style, etc., but I personally love intra-workout drinks based on my lifting times and structure. Personally I like more comprehensive formulas like AEN Intrabolic and Omega Sports Strive.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Masciaman View Post
    ok appreciate the input i probably will try recoverpro if i ever deicde to go into an all out cutting cycle :P
    good choice bro
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Arrow

Recoverpro is one of the supplements that I still take. I like that it doesn't have any "extras" in it... just BCAA. The flavor is good too, which is a big deal to me because it helps me get my water intake up at work.

It's tough to sip through a gallon or even a 1/2 gallon of water at work. But I throw in a scoop of recoverpro and the hint of flavor goes a long way for me. And as mentioned above, let's say I run into a situation where I have 3 or 4 hours with a heavy caseload, I'd like to think a bit of aminos might decrease the potential for catabolism during that time period.

T-bone said it very well in that opinions will vary. Too add to that, the anti-aminio crowd will have 2 points. The first being that their expectations were unreasonably high. The second reason being more scientific in that a diet with a enough complete proteins should theoretically provide you with plenty of aminos. I NEVER eat enough complete proteins so I like to think my BCAA mixes are productive for me

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pill Aminos
    By votum in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM
  2. aminos. Any thoughts?
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 12:03 PM
  3. Casein/Aminos
    By MrBrightside in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9