is PLCAR worth it?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.14%

is PLCAR worth it?

Hey guys I'm pretty limited on money but I have seen some good stuff on it. What's some peoples experiences on it?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

its amazing, i've been running it along with ALCAR for the last 40 days, just opened my 2nd 100g tub of the plcar
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.72%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

^ I would avoid running ALCAR with PLCAR. Although they have their benefits, the combination has been shown to be inferior than either alone for certain benefits. Try alternating between alcar and plcar cycles...I love it.

OP, PLCAR is the only carnitine that can directly elevate muscle carnitine stores. Further, it has been shown to combat general fatigue and may increase natural energy.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.31%

TLCAR is also good stuff. But they all have different uses, and I wouldn't use them all together. I don't know why, but they don't work as well when combined.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.72%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    ^ I would avoid running ALCAR with PLCAR. Although they have their benefits, the combination has been shown to be inferior than either alone for certain benefits. Try alternating between alcar and plcar cycles...I love it.
    Have you got any more info on this? Everything i've read has always hyped the two together
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.24%

OP, PLCAR is the only carnitine that can directly elevate muscle carnitine stores. Further, it has been shown to combat general fatigue and may increase natural energy.
    You always seem to impress me hahah. Good stuff man.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.31%

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Have you got any more info on this? Everything i've read has always hyped the two together

Not from what I've seen.

Probably the best thing to take with ALCAR is NA-RALA.

Almost everywhere I've read, says not to take PLCAR and ALCAR together.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

I really like plcar but it's not the cheapest. Really I use about .5-1g prework out with coffee and again before work in a propel as I drive in.

It is not a pre work out type energy. Closer to a vitB6 or bowl of oats type energy. I find I can think quicker and more clearly as well.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.72%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    I'm very pressed for time these next few days, but I'll try to get it to you next week. The study was with respect to testosterone-like effects (which believe it or, ALCAR and PLCAR can produce in lacking individuals if administered longterm).
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.72%

I'm very pressed for time these next few days, but I'll try to get it to you next week. The study was with respect to testosterone-like effects (which believe it or, ALCAR and PLCAR can produce in lacking individuals if administered longterm).
    no rush! i'll do some looking around It'll work out cheaper for me too if i start cycling them.
  11. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.96%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I would be interested in this as well.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.21%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

I would be interested in this as well.
    Same here. Thanks Cooper for flexing the mind muscle on us
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  13. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.96%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Did a quick search and stumbled upon this

PMID:15072869

Still looking though as thats not really helpful. They found the combo of alcar and plcar did not significantly effect total and free test levels but Coop mentioned "test like effect" (he didnt say actual test levels) so this probably isnt what he was referencing.

And then there was this one PMID 15039515

Which showed the effect the carnitines had on fatigue decreased when alcar and plcar were combine
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.31%

I think l-carnitine-l-tartarate has the greatest effect on test, since it upregulates the androgen receptors
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I think l-carnitine-l-tartarate has the greatest effect on test, since it upregulates the androgen receptors
    On the contrary, ALCAR likely has the most significant effects on testosterone: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8232773. Upregulating ARs is of minimal concern in natural athletes.

Still could not locate the study I mentioned earlier. It is saved on my drive at school along with other carnitine research so I may just head there later today. Josh found another good one showing that the combination of carnitines may not be as beneficial as you think.
  16. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.96%

On the contrary, ALCAR likely has the most significant effects on testosterone: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8232773. Upregulating ARs is of minimal concern in natural athletes.

Still could not locate the study I mentioned earlier. It is saved on my drive at school along with other carnitine research so I may just head there later today. Josh found another good one showing that the combination of carnitines may not be as beneficial as you think.
    I vaguely remember reading something that hinted PLCAR being superior for testosterone levels. I only remember because it seemed odd to me and thinking it may have been possibly the propionyl acted as a BCAA and thats why an effect on testosterone levels were seen.

I tried to find it again but couldnt it may have been an article and not an actual study
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.72%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I vaguely remember reading something that hinted PLCAR being superior for testosterone levels. I only remember because it seemed odd to me and thinking it may have been possibly the propionyl acted as a BCAA and thats why an effect on testosterone levels were seen.

I tried to find it again but couldnt it may have been an article and not an actual study
    I have read that too. The caveat is that it was administered for 6 straight months at 2g/day.

ALCAR is my personal favorite, but it also goes along with my lifestyle. With alcohol, ALCAR serves a dual function of preventing neurodegeneration while also normalizing testosterone levels in response to a negative external stimulus. Also, while this could be placebo, 2g alcar the morning after drinking appears to lessen the effects of the hangover .
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.31%

ALCAR is definitely more of a nootropic than the others
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  123 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%

Also, while this could be placebo, 2g alcar the morning after drinking appears to lessen the effects of the hangover .
    Trying this this weekend. You'd better be at the party.
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.72%

Quote Originally Posted by allieninja View Post
    Trying this this weekend. You'd better be at the party.
    I'm doing it in 1 hour. And tomorrow. And the day after. And none of that will be at your party

Happy birthday though!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.16%

I have read that too. The caveat is that it was administered for 6 straight months at 2g/day.

ALCAR is my personal favorite, but it also goes along with my lifestyle. With alcohol, ALCAR serves a dual function of preventing neurodegeneration while also normalizing testosterone levels in response to a negative external stimulus. Also, while this could be placebo, 2g alcar the morning after drinking appears to lessen the effects of the hangover .
    that's weird because i've found ALCAR to give me significantly worse hangovers. it's bad enough that i won't touch ALCAR until i feel completely normal again. i want to also add that i'm a huge fan of ALCAR and that has been the only downside that i've found to it.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  123 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%

I'm doing it in 1 hour. And tomorrow. And the day after. And none of that will be at your party

Happy birthday though!
    I can't believe you are missing the pink limo with jacuzzi.
  23. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Does this hold true for other forms of Carnitine or just ALCAR + PLCAR? (was aware of this but hadn't I am not sure if I have seen anything regarding the combination of others)

As for the OP. I love PLCAR. Regularly toss some of it in with my Ultima and love the added benefits.
  24. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.72%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Does this hold true for other forms of Carnitine or just ALCAR + PLCAR? (was aware of this but hadn't I am not sure if I have seen anything regarding the combination of others)

As for the OP. I love PLCAR. Regularly toss some of it in with my Ultima and love the added benefits.
    It should not apply to the other carnitines. Obviously there is overlap between GPLC and PLCAR, but that's as far as it goes.
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

It should not apply to the other carnitines. Obviously there is overlap between GPLC and PLCAR, but that's as far as it goes.
    Alright that is what I thought. Thanks I'd rep you but I hardly rep anyone so it still says I gotta spread my rep around
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Coop, u mention cycling carnitine use.. I've been on 1.5-2g alcar daily for about a year now.. Should I come off for a bit? If so, Should I expect any negative sides?

Most importantly- Could the long term use be negatively affective test/androgen levels?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.72%

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Coop, u mention cycling carnitine use.. I've been on 1.5-2g alcar daily for about a year now.. Should I come off for a bit? If so, Should I expect any negative sides?

Most importantly- Could the long term use be negatively affective test/androgen levels?
    Cycle off for a month.
    No negative sides.
    It wouldn't affect androgen levels if you come off it (unless there is some HEAVY external stressor which I doubt you have).
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Cycle off for a month.
    No negative sides.
    It wouldn't affect androgen levels if you come off it (unless there is some HEAVY external stressor which I doubt you have).
    K my bottle Is almost gone so I guess I shall.

Define heavy external stressor? Lol does life count?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  29. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.72%

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    K my bottle Is almost gone so I guess I shall.

Define heavy external stressor? Lol does life count?
    Just cycle off lol. You should be cycling everything
  30. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.1%

Just cycle off lol. You should be cycling everything
    Sorry for turning this into the Carnitine Ask Coop thread...but, is this implying cycling off all carnitines of just cycling between the different forms? I tend to cycle between forms, and therefore haven't cycled completely off like in awhile like I try to with everything (LCLT seems to be the new BA or creatine being in everything now a days from pres to intras etc).
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.72%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Sorry for turning this into the Carnitine Ask Coop thread...but, is this implying cycling off all carnitines of just cycling between the different forms? I tend to cycle between forms, and therefore haven't cycled completely off like in awhile like I try to with everything (LCLT seems to be the new BA or creatine being in everything now a days from pres to intras etc).
    Yeah you can just cycle off the individual salts. It may be beneficial to take carnitine in some form in the long-long-run.
  32. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.1%

Yeah you can just cycle off the individual salts. It may be beneficial to take carnitine in some form in the long-long-run.
    Alright that makes me feel better.

Similar Forum Threads

1. SNS PLCAR-500 Available!
    By Clickster in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 04:47 PM
  2. PLCAR
    By phantom in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 06:09 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 10:33 PM