Hard gainer, inquiring further about test boosters human growth etc

stonay

Awards
Hey Guys and Girls!

Im new to the site and just wondering if i could pick your brains about a few things!
Im a super hard gainer and for the last few months i have got my diet in line and feel way better for it!

Im 24 years old and in total trained for 4 years and im just trying to maximise my results like everyone else is a hard gainer, since its so hard to gain normally.

In the past i have taken testosterone boosters, upon reading reviews and carefully choosing supplements which have really good reviews.

What im basically asking is, apart from eating like a horse, is there any other supplements that can assist me in gaining apart from the basics like post workout protein, creatine, multi vitamins?

Also its hard since im in Australia and a lot of supplements are banned, but i no for a fact that certain places sell "Emonster" but from what ive read online and on this forum, it seems everyone is totally against it which makes me uninterested in putting my health at super risk that you guys have aforementioned.

What would you guys suggest? at the minute apart from my diet im having my protein (pre & post), creatine, vertargo carbs during workout, along with "X-tend" intra workout. Was considering a human growth hormone, and a test booster stack, or something similar along the lines of "Emonster" but not as un safe that that is...

Hopefully you guys and girls can help me out, i want to gain as much and will do whatever it takes to achieve my goals, and hopefully you guys can help me :)

Thanks

Chris

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well a test booster is going to give you more aggression, increase recovery slightly, enhance nitrogen retention, and maybe increase strength a little, but you're not going to see any weight gain benefits from this unless you truly are eating in caloric surpless, and eating the right foods at that.
Can you post your diet?
And at age 24 I wouldn't waste your money on GH supplements if using them solely for weight gain. Just isn't gonna happen to be honest.

stonay

Awards
Well a test booster is going to give you more aggression, increase recovery slightly, enhance nitrogen retention, and maybe increase strength a little, but you're not going to see any weight gain benefits from this unless you truly are eating in caloric surpless, and eating the right foods at that.
Can you post your diet?
And at age 24 I wouldn't waste your money on GH supplements if using them solely for weight gain. Just isn't gonna happen to be honest.

thanks for the reply! well i dont have the exact measurements in ounces or pounds, there in kilograms :/ dont know if that will help but

** ON TRAINING DAYS

breakfast

protein- animal "real gains" protein 155g, 125g oats, 1 teaspoon olive oil and banana in blender

mid morning - 200g(rams) vegetables (sweet potato, carrot, broccoli)

lunch - either 350g of pasta or 400g of tuna and brown rice

mid afternoon - 200g vegetables (sweet potato, carrot, broccoli)

pre workout - Animal "real gains" protein 155g

during workout - 1 scoop "x-tend" 2 scoops "vertago" carbohydrates in 800ml of water

post workout - 2 scoops "proto whey" protein and 1 1/2 scoops "vertago" carbohydrates in 600ml of water

dinner - either steak/ pasta/ or brown rice and tuna (roughly around the same as lunch, steak varies though)

after dinner - 150g baked beans

before bed - Animal "real gains" protein 155g and 4-6 small scoops of "phenibut" (mainly for better sleep)

hope the conversions not to much of a pain in the butt! the only difference on non training days is the pre, during and post workout supplements

stonay

Awards
also, 2 scoops of creatine with the INTRA WORKOUT mix!

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
I'm a hardgainer too. What I noticed works best for myself is a diet with something like 40 / 40 / 20 macros and I have to eat so much calories to gain weight, and I mean ALOT

I also used to have a weight gainer twice a day, in the morning and pre-workout. I got like 1200 calories from those alone. I would still use one but it gets pretty expensive, one tub lasted me like a week.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your carbs look like they're up there. Your protein needs some tweaking though, and more fats.
155g of protein in one sitting is far too much. You are wasting. If you're doing a shake try no more than 60g protein.
My shakes look like this: 40-50g protein, 70-80g carbs, 25g fat.

I would suggest making your meals into full meals instead of protein here and carbs here, eat meat with your vegetables.
Also, you're a hard gainer so you really need some red meat.
You need red meat at least once a day for now until you start gaining more. Try using some sort as your second meal, and always use it as your post workout meal so it sits in your stomach and slowly feeds your body all it's BCAA needs.

At 181 lbs you should be aiming for 4k calories with a protein/carb/fat ratio something like 30/45/25.
If you're still not gaining with this, add 200 calories. Keep doing this until you see the gains. If you start losing definition it's really not a huge deal but you could up the protein and lower the carbs a little in that case.

Make sense?

stonay

Awards
Your carbs look like they're up there. Your protein needs some tweaking though, and more fats.
155g of protein in one sitting is far too much. You are wasting. If you're doing a shake try no more than 60g protein.
My shakes look like this: 40-50g protein, 70-80g carbs, 25g fat.

I would suggest making your meals into full meals instead of protein here and carbs here, eat meat with your vegetables.
Also, you're a hard gainer so you really need some red meat.
You need red meat at least once a day for now until you start gaining more. Try using some sort as your second meal, and always use it as your post workout meal so it sits in your stomach and slowly feeds your body all it's BCAA needs.

At 181 lbs you should be aiming for 4k calories with a protein/carb/fat ratio something like 30/45/25.
If you're still not gaining with this, add 200 calories. Keep doing this until you see the gains. If you start losing definition it's really not a huge deal but you could up the protein and lower the carbs a little in that case.

Make sense?
seems pretty legit to me! so you think try and aim for more of a fuller meal in between with the vegetables? like maybe chuck in some chicken with them even? and with the steak issue, try and aim for that most nights as my dinner meal?
Also thanks a lot for the help dude! i know its a big goal to aim for but i want to try and reach 200lbs by the end of the year. I dont know how realistic it is, because im pretty much basing my life around being the best i can, so im hoping for maximum results (like everyone). One more thing, would you recommend any other supplements that would help compliment the diet im on at the moment? just curious, i dont mind saving my money but im willing to do anything if it helps :)

stonay

Awards
I'm a hardgainer too. What I noticed works best for myself is a diet with something like 40 / 40 / 20 macros and I have to eat so much calories to gain weight, and I mean ALOT

I also used to have a weight gainer twice a day, in the morning and pre-workout. I got like 1200 calories from those alone. I would still use one but it gets pretty expensive, one tub lasted me like a week.
Jeez! you were smashing through the tubs! haha what do you do now diet wise? just try and eat as much/ more than you did to compensate for the tubs you dont go through?

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
Jeez! you were smashing through the tubs! haha what do you do now diet wise? just try and eat as much/ more than you did to compensate for the tubs you dont go through?
Exactly, I try to each as much as I can but still with the same macros. Now I get like 3000 calories a day, which isn't enough for me to gain weight. I'm even thinking about throwing in some junk food to get to 4000 again.

stonay

Awards
Exactly, I try to each as much as I can but still with the same macros. Now I get like 3000 calories a day, which isn't enough for me to gain weight. I'm even thinking about throwing in some junk food to get to 4000 again.
Its the hardest part, getting to the calories you need each day! hopefully you can get back into the shakes and easily get over the 4000 calories you need! :)

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I agree about not needing GH boosterat your age. Yours is probably optimal and the boosters really only seem to support natural pulses. Don't mess with GH at your age whether real or just supps, most of which are extremely useless for someone your age.

You are doing right. Maybe consider more of a paleo diet. Perhaps your metabolism is high and gains can be tougher when young and metabolism raging. Gains will happen. Just keep going. I was around 24 or 25 before I started getting huge gains. I could not get or keep any weight on until then no matter what I did.

stonay

Awards
Yeah, I agree about not needing GH boosterat your age. Yours is probably optimal and the boosters really only seem to support natural pulses. Don't mess with GH at your age whether real or just supps, most of which are extremely useless for someone your age.

You are doing right. Maybe consider more of a paleo diet. Perhaps your metabolism is high and gains can be tougher when young and metabolism raging. Gains will happen. Just keep going. I was around 24 or 25 before I started getting huge gains. I could not get or keep any weight on until then no matter what I did.
i notice i make slow gains, but not like everyone wants to :( haha. Sorry for sounding uneducated here, but whats a "Paleo diet" ? Im definitely going to look into it, just wondered if you could give me a little insight first. Thanks for the advice too! i always want to do more to try and gain so thanks :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eating enough is the hardest part and probably why nobody wants to hear it. If you spent as much time researching and planning your food as you possibly do on supplements...you would be on the right path. If you want to be 200lbs then start by getting at least 200 grams of protein in each day and fill in the other macros accordingly. See what happens with the scale and adjust...eat it up champ!

stonay

Awards
Eating enough is the hardest part and probably why nobody wants to hear it. If you spent as much time researching and planning your food as you possibly do on supplements...you would be on the right path. If you want to be 200lbs then start by getting at least 200 grams of protein in each day and fill in the other macros accordingly. See what happens with the scale and adjust...eat it up champ!
Your totally right, i had been lured in, in the past by the whole "its all about supplements" gimmick. Which i have corrected, but the researching and planning will definitely be shifted a ton in comparison to the small doses i had of it in the past. Thanks for the advice also! I'm 100% dedicated to hitting that goal, so im going to get everything in a better order. thanks again for the advice! and wake up call also! haha :)