Taurine

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.17%

Taurine

Can anyone shed some light on what taurine is and what is supposed to do as a supplement has I have introduced into my lean gains supplement pack ????

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.78%

Taurine prevents cramping by aiding in the movement of important nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium in and out of our cells. Low levels of potassium can cause severe cramping during intense exercise.

Taurine may attenuate exercise-induced DNA damage and enhance the capacity of exercise due to its cellular protective properties.

One study examined the effects of providing either three grams a day of taurine or a placebo to 30 overweight college students for seven weeks. Those in the taurine group had lower triglyceride levels in the blood, along with a reduced atherogenic index, a measure of the ratio of HDL cholesterol (the good kind) to triglycerides in the blood. Taurine increases HDL production by boosting the activity of the protein carrier of HDL, apolipoprotein.

Taurine carries out multiple processes that make it an excellent choice for keeping the body in optimal working order. It is vital for fat digestion, aids in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, helps the immune system in its role of fighting free radicals and has been shown to lower cholesterol levels.

Taurine may lower Blood Pressure in Hypertension patients. This usually requires four weeks of daily supplementation (6,000mg) with Taurine before its Blood Pressure-lowering effects occur.
    ~ Still Around ~
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.17%

Thankyou very much I take 3grams half hour before I train . Do you think this is enough .
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.78%

Being that Taurine is so cheap...I suggest taking upwards of 10g throughout the day. Take 3g three times a day to take advantage of all the benefits Taurine has to offer.
    ~ Still Around ~
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.17%

Thankyou very much indeed . I will do just that

Similar Forum Threads

1. should we all be on taurine?
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 11:35 PM
  2. Taurine