Which brand proteins taste good with water?

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
trying to cut out some calories so im trying to use water instead of milk in my shakes but most taste like ass

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutrapro is pretty good in water. I really like Get Diesels proteins, they taste damn good.

steppinRazor

Awards
muscle milk. tried and true..

on the cheaper end of the spectrum - american iso's cake batter tastes frikkin amazing w/ water. im not sure of the actual quality of ingredients tho

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not a fan of muscle milk personally.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I like Syntha 6 taste damn good.
Keep your eye out for some Nimbus proteins coming out as well mane.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Syntha 6 taste damn good.
Keep your eye out for some Nimbus proteins coming out as well mane.
Too much fat and sugar in syntha 6 for me. Tastes good, but too rich for me especially after a hard workout when I'm really thirsty.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Too much fat and sugar in syntha 6 for me. Tastes good, but too rich for me especially after a hard workout when I'm really thirsty.
I hear ya.
In my eyes though I think it's more a MRP.
I was usually taking gainer shakes with 80g+ of carbs each day....
That's almost over with soon :)

therealest77

trying to cut out some calories so im trying to use water instead of milk in my shakes but most taste like ass
MAP by Primordial Performance, Strawberry Lemonade and Orange Mango. Can't go wrong...

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
they dont sell map at nutra i beleive and if i remember the cost is very high

FiveStarSupps

FiveStarSupps

Awards
I don't know who is from where but Bioflex's Hydroflex in Chocolate or Banana is MAGIC! I'll never drink or even stock any other protein... Mostly as well because it's pure hydrolysed whey at a good price compared to other hydrolysed products. You just can't go wrong with hydrolysed isolate and hydrolysed caseinate all rolled up into one bag!

That's my 2 cents anyway :)

FiveStarSupps

FiveStarSupps

Awards
Oh my point was its only available in Aus lol

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Milkkkkkkkkkkkk

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Syntrax Nectars - the roadside lemonade is best tasting protein with water that i've ever had

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
i need something good tasting similar to nutrapro, loved the taste and the fact i can pound it down without any stomach discomfort

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because of its thickness, protean works great in milk. I always cut milk in contest prep.. best idea I've ever done.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I like Protean and Myofusion in water. Good texture and taste even in just water

steppinRazor

Awards
I like Protean and Myofusion in water. Good texture and taste even in just water
i was reading in someones review of myofusion that it has the consistency of a raw egg. any truth to this? hope not, cuz i got some comin in the mail here soon...

ive had other protein blends "gel up" and i gotta say its the nastiest **** you'll ever experience, especially after a hard workout..

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
Syntha 6 and Myofusion from what I've tried

Both were vanilla

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
i was reading in someones review of myofusion that it has the consistency of a raw egg. any truth to this? hope not, cuz i got some comin in the mail here soon...

ive had other protein blends "gel up" and i gotta say its the nastiest **** you'll ever experience, especially after a hard workout..
IMO myofusion is one of the best proteins, good texture and taste

So far I've had 2 5lbs tubs of it and everytime it has been really good

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think when it comes to water, it has more to do with the consistency of the shake than the taste itself. Not saying a crappy tasting shake will taste good watered down or not, but I have found that most protein powders are better in less water. The more watered down the worse. It sucks when you use minimal water because you'll have to add more to get all of the liquid out, but the first go around with minimal water will make most proteins taste just fine in water.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I do not drink any other flavor except chocolate :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

raw egg? lol i drink raw egg whites.. but never had a powder even come close!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the need to build muscle protein tastes really good with water actually.I was pretty surprised

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I just pour 100% liquid egg whites in mine :)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a heads up on the Myofusion. I was told that Gaspari is stopping the production of the original blend and continuing with the Myofusion Probiotic Series. It has a 1g less protein, 4g more carbs, and the addition of brown rice protein and probiotics. Still great with water. I've had the chocolate, vanilla, and chocolate pb. They should have cinnamon bun coming out too.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cinnamon roll...and they already have it.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup CB
U know you're only getting half the protein from the raw version right? :)

To the OP: Isopure is thin and clean.

raw egg? lol i drink raw egg whites.. but never had a powder even come close!

nimbustim

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nimbus Nutritions Proteins all taste GREAT in water......Swiss Chocolate Peanut Butter & Old Fashioned Vanilla.

US Sourced Protein
cGMP Compliant

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sup CB
U know you're only getting half the protein from the raw version right? :)

To the OP: Isopure is thin and clean.
I dont care lol.. i drank 36 egg whites a day in one of my preps when i was far behind.. 12, 3x a day mixed with a scoop of protein and blended up. I shed fat and held muscle so god damn fast.. every day i consider doing it again haha.

steppinRazor

Awards
got my MyoFusion today...strawberries and cream..meh

tastes more like raspberries..and yeah..not as good tasting as i had hoped. not terrible tho. think i'll go tried and true w/ chocolate next round..

steppinRazor

Awards
I dont care lol.. i drank 36 egg whites a day in one of my preps when i was far behind.. 12, 3x a day mixed with a scoop of protein and blended up. I shed fat and held muscle so god damn fast.. every day i consider doing it again haha.
thats insane. im intrigued tho., what was the rest of your diet looking like??

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I got my mom drinking syntha-6 :D
It's pretty good.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
I got my mom drinking syntha-6 :D
It's pretty good.
Quality stuff I've had it before, I got my friend who started working out to use it

Now using NutraPro chocolate, tastes pretty good and ofc I bought it a few days before it went on sale. 25$ for 5lb.......

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Quality stuff I've had it before, I got my friend who started working out to use it

Now using NutraPro chocolate, tastes pretty good and ofc I bought it a few days before it went on sale. 25$ for 5lb.......
Never tried the Nutra Pro.
Like mentioned keep ya eye out for some Nimbus proteins :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, just making sure you knew as I KNEW u probably did. ;)

I got screwed years back and was livind about it as I was throwing down gallons of the stuff only to find out LATER half of the nauseating sludge was USELSS!

Gasket - BLOWN :p