Anyone ever LOSE focus & Energy when taking a PWO?

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
I was feeling a tad sluggish today so I went with 3 scoops of Supersize vs my usual 2 scoops pre workout and I just could not get in the zone at the gym. I felt weak, foggy, disconnected and actually started getting pissed off at myself. Barely even broke a sweat before I barged out and went home to woosahh!

By no means am I blaming SS, I just think I went over my reccomended dosage.

Anyone else ever do this? Feels bad.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I could have any dose of Focus XT preworkout and feel focused :D.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long have you been using it? Any idea how much caffeine is in 3 scoops? Maybe you over did it on the stims.

I'd say go back to 2 scoops and see how the next workout goes. Also, could have been just "one of those days"

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Maybe considering taking a break off stims for a little while?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't because I take da focus xt:) and some green tea usually helps me too.

be on the look out for a stim free focus xt too :D

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had that happen with some but not usually. I know this sounds like shilling but I really do love Focus XT as my pre workout and the focus it gives me. I recently did a log for another pre workout and really ended up missing the effects from Focus XT.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had that happen with some but not usually. I know this sounds like shilling but I really do love Focus XT as my pre workout and the focus it gives me. I recently did a log for another pre workout and really ended up missing the effects from Focus XT.
Shiller :p

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was feeling a tad sluggish today so I went with 3 scoops of Supersize vs my usual 2 scoops pre workout and I just could not get in the zone at the gym. I felt weak, foggy, disconnected and actually started getting pissed off at myself. Barely even broke a sweat before I barged out and went home to woosahh!

It's the nitrates. They are a very strong vasodilator which means awesome pumps, but also means dramatic drop in blood pressure.

Knocking down the dosage will help. A third less powder is a third less nitrates and a third less likelihood your BP will drop low enough to sap your performance.

Another thing you might do is sip on it while you warm up. Keeping moving will keep your blood pressure up. A little bit of caffeine can help as well.

Also, based on the demeanor of this discussion, I get the impression that we should all be taking Focus XT as well. :p

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gave my brother some for free since I had an extra tub. He asked me if I had anymore because he told me he literally felt more focused. it works.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have never felt that way with ANY preworkout.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like what usually happens to me right before I get sick....or like mentioned (and what I'd chalk it up to), you could just be having one of those days...you work out first thing in the morning? sleep ok the night before?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like what usually happens to me right before I get sick....or like mentioned (and what I'd chalk it up to), you could just be having one of those days...you work out first thing in the morning? sleep ok the night before?
Could be signs of over training too

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, if i am just way to tired, or over-stimed myself.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like what everyone else is saying; a "one of those days" situations or possibly a need to take a break from stims. I don't necessarily remember taking a pre and feeling worse after, but I've certainly mega dosed and felt no benefit. Back in the day, I knew when I was pounding 3 scoops of Jack3d and not feeling a thing, I needed to cycle off hardcore. Interesting point about the nitrates, as well.

liveactioncow

Awards
I've really only experienced this with Muscle Marinade at a full scoop dose, backed it down to half scoops and seemed to clear it up at the expense of not feeling nearly as invincible. I've since dropped it and switched to Maximize V2. Sometime body chemistry doesn't agree with these formulas, no matter how well they worked for the dude-brah a or b

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes.

Sometimes the caffeine seems to make my ADD go nuts and I get focus for sh*t.

I have quite a few times taken a dose of [whatever I have on hand] and instead of a workout, I took a nap.

It seems the older I get, the more often it happens :(

RealBigga

Banned
Awards
Ultima too potent and I get tired from it sometimes.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
It's the nitrates. They are a very strong vasodilator which means awesome pumps, but also means dramatic drop in blood pressure.

Knocking down the dosage will help. A third less powder is a third less nitrates and a third less likelihood your BP will drop low enough to sap your performance.

Another thing you might do is sip on it while you warm up. Keeping moving will keep your blood pressure up. A little bit of caffeine can help as well.

Also, based on the demeanor of this discussion, I get the impression that we should all be taking Focus XT as well. :p
What he said! If I take any pwo containing nitrates too early, I get tired and yawny... That's why I take it around 10 min before and sip on it during workout :)

In my experience, people do tend to believe that a higher dose equals a better performance/stim feeling... "I have never tried this product before, but I'm used to stim, so I'll max it out... and I even add another scoop"... Sometimes, it might work.. Sometimes, you feel like **** and blame the product..

Ahigher dosage doesn't equal a better effect... Many times, less IS more.. That's what the "assess your tolerance" is all about, imho.... Finding your sweet spot and stick with it... Me, I would be thrilled if I could get away with 1 scoops with some PWOs...

I don't mean this as any disrespect or anything like that, just some simple thoughts about how I experience things :)

Have you decreased the dosage to 2 scoops again and see how it goes ? You might even wanna try 1 scoop :)

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

how often do you take stims?
also somtimes the body just wants to rest regardless of what you put in it.from time to time i just take the extra day off when i feelliek that.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
What he said! If I take any pwo containing nitrates too early, I get tired and yawny... That's why I take it around 10 min before and sip on it during workout :)

In my experience, people do tend to believe that a higher dose equals a better performance/stim feeling... "I have never tried this product before, but I'm used to stim, so I'll max it out... and I even add another scoop"... Sometimes, it might work.. Sometimes, you feel like **** and blame the product..

Ahigher dosage doesn't equal a better effect... Many times, less IS more.. That's what the "assess your tolerance" is all about, imho.... Finding your sweet spot and stick with it... Me, I would be thrilled if I could get away with 1 scoops with some PWOs...

I don't mean this as any disrespect or anything like that, just some simple thoughts about how I experience things :)
:)
Have you decreased the dosage to 2 scoops again and see how it goes ? You might even wanna try 1 scoop
this is also true

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
I'm pretty sure you have a too high tolerance for stims, this has happened for me in the past too. If I was tired and drank a cup of coffee it would just make me more tired.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stims put me to sleep and make me feel like crap if I am beyond tired, like if i have been up for 24+ hours. they work great if i only got 6 hours of sleep, but when i am up for to long, stims just make me feel worse.

After a 12 hour night shift, if i work out, i dont use stims. I can get through my workout with the stim, but if i take the stim, i will feel sick.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Stims put me to sleep and make me feel like crap if I am beyond tired, like if i have been up for 24+ hours. they work great if i only got 6 hours of sleep, but when i am up for to long, stims just make me feel worse.

After a 12 hour night shift, if i work out, i dont use stims. I can get through my workout with the stim, but if i take the stim, i will feel sick.

Yupp, being overstimulated can have the opposite effect... And being overstimulated for a long period can make the stims pretty much useless as well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes.

Sometimes the caffeine seems to make my ADD go nuts and I get focus for sh*t.

I have quite a few times taken a dose of [whatever I have on hand] and instead of a workout, I took a nap.

It seems the older I get, the more often it happens :(
I stopped taking any pre-workouts years ago because of this. They would do one of two things, either get me so wired that I couldn't concentrate or made me yawn and feel lethargic. Now, a big glass of OJ seems to do me right.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Yupp, being overstimulated can have the opposite effect... And being overstimulated for a long period can make the stims pretty much useless as well.
also ifyou just dont have the vitamines and food your body needs caffeen will just make it works. take a multi and have a PM sandwish THEN your prewo 1hr later and see how that go's

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
anadraulic state GT made me feel terrible. Tired weak and unmotivated.
i gave it to my friend and he said it was so bad too he threw it away which i found weird cause i had heard it was suppose to be the chit.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i gave it to my friend and he said it was so bad too he threw it away which i found weird cause i had heard it was suppose to be the chit.
I liked it.

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
how often do you take stims?
also somtimes the body just wants to rest regardless of what you put in it.from time to time i just take the extra day off when i feelliek that.
Just on workout days. I took 2 weeks off of stims and that sememd to help. Right now I'm just using Cellucor C4 PWO and it works pretty nice actually.

Hikeon3

Hikeon3

Awards
Woulda paid you to ship it to me. Haha. Could save me about 20 bucks for my next tub.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i always gain energy but at times can lose focus if the particular product has too strong of a stim

then there is ultima, insane focus but after my lift i become uber relaxed and may or may not fall asleep upon completion of my postWO meal.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i always gain energy but at times can lose focus if the particular product has too strong of a stim

then there is ultima, insane focus but after my lift i become uber relaxed and may or may not fall asleep upon completion of my postWO meal.
I so wanna try Ultima but it's so friggin' expensive. :(