Weight loss stack, Please advise/critique

BlueCollared

Awards
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up my girlfriends first fat loss stack. She's been doing Zumba a few times a week, as well as The Bar Method. For those of you with girlfriends you guys need to get your girl doing "The Bar Method." Its adds all kinds of flexibility. :veryhappy:
Her diet is on point, so now she would like to add in a few supps to make sure that she gets the most out of the time she is putting in.

So far in my nutraplanet cart I have:

ALA caps
CLA supreme caps
Raspberry Ketones caps
Reduction PM
Alpha T-2
Orange Triad

I was figuring on the Alpha T-2 to be the thermo, while everything else will essentially act on non stimulatory ancillaries to the stack. Might as well take advantage of the ridiculous deals on NP.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Anyone think of a better thermo?

Thanks in advance.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
That's a hefty stack for a starter...stick with wpi,fish oils, multi and good diet and a low stim To assess tolerance.alpha t2 or shift with alphaburn. Basic but damn effective

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up my girlfriends first fat loss stack. She's been doing Zumba a few times a week, as well as The Bar Method. For those of you with girlfriends you guys need to get your girl doing "The Bar Method." Its adds all kinds of flexibility. :veryhappy:
Her diet is on point, so now she would like to add in a few supps to make sure that she gets the most out of the time she is putting in.

So far in my nutraplanet cart I have:

ALA caps
CLA supreme caps
Raspberry Ketones caps
Reduction PM
Alpha T-2
Orange Triad

I was figuring on the Alpha T-2 to be the thermo, while everything else will essentially act on non stimulatory ancillaries to the stack. Might as well take advantage of the ridiculous deals on NP.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Anyone think of a better thermo?

Thanks in advance.
As already stated, that is a pretty big stack - definitely far too much for a FIRST stack, especially if she's NEVER used any of those products before. Not to mention, saying "her diet is on point" means nothing, since most who say this, when it is scrutinized, are far from "ideal". The ONLY supplement in your list I would recommend she even bother using at this point is Orange Triad - that said, if her diet is indeed "on point", then she has no need of a multivitamin, since she should be getting all of her mineral and vitamin needs from her nutrition.

Before you look at ANY supplements, make sure she is doing the RIGHT kind of training for fat loss - if she wants to "get the most out of the time she is putting in", then she should be concentrating on doing the training and exercises that ARE going to give her the BEST return on the time she is giving. Whilst Zumba might be ok for cardio and The Bar Method for flexibility (stretching or something like yoga would be just as effective here), she is neglecting the MOST EFFECTIVE training she can do for fat loss - RESISTANCE TRAINING! Once you get her doing resistance training, then there are a couple of supplements she can add in, but they are still BASIC staples - creatine, good fats (CLA is a waste of time, and she should be able to get all her good fat requirements from her nutrition), possibly protein (again though, she should be able to get all her protein needs from her nutrition), and maybe BCAAs (not necessary though). Adding anything should not even be a consideration IMO until she has been training SERIOUSLY for quite some time - at least a few months - or is ALREADY VERY lean (<12-15% bodyfat) and just wants to get that little bit leaner (although, if she's already lean, then adding in resistance training will make a huge difference).

I recommend that you check out a few training (and nutrition) articles I have written on what to do re effective and successful fat loss and add in what she is MISSING before you turn to the LEAST important component in her progress!

~Rosie~