ALCAR: WoW

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:

Been taking 1 gram per day split up into 500mg doses usually taken morning then afternoon. I must say this stuff is outstanding. Gives you an energy boost unlike the boost from caffeine. My mood was also greatly enhanced and I had a greater sense of well-being. I am not seeing the fat repartitioning effects just yet ( I am also taking green tea and r-ala) but I am sure it is a little too subtle for me to see. Overall great product, I will definitely be using this for years to come...

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I really like alcar....I just ordered some bulk powder from mike.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I really like alcar....I just ordered some bulk powder from mike.

smi2le.net is supposed to have a good bulk deal coming in the next few weeks. :drunk:

Their price is actually pretty decent right now....which is nice when you're dumping down 4-6 grams per day :blink:

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Ya I plan on using a lot so I got the 500g from Mike...not too bad a price.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's me favorite supp in the whole world although the claims of fat repartioning et cetera really don't seem to hold much water in the real world. It also seems to get addicting. If I run out for a week or two I seriously crave it until I can dose again. I can feel that first dose oozing into my brain..ahhhh. lol

2grams/day is just right for me.

waitlifter82

Awards
smi2le.net is supposed to have a good bulk deal coming in the next few weeks. :drunk:

Their price is actually pretty decent right now....which is nice when you're dumping down 4-6 grams per day :blink:
6 grams a day?!?! How's that feel?

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
It's me favorite supp in the whole world although the claims of fat repartioning et cetera really don't seem to hold much water in the real world. It also seems to get addicting. If I run out for a week or two I seriously crave it until I can dose again. I can feel that first dose oozing into my brain..ahhhh. lol

2grams/day is just right for me.

Ditto. I think I would probably give up protein powder and everything else before I gave up ALCAR. Seems to take the mind off of appetite while dieting as well as a slight stim feeling. Also seems to potentiate other stims.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
6 grams a day?!?! How's that feel?

if you've ever taken GO twice per day then you already know. I like ALCAR and especially the effects it has on mitochondria. Just be sure to stack it with ALA.

waitlifter82

Awards
if you've ever taken GO twice per day then you already know. I like ALCAR and especially the effects it has on mitochondria. Just be sure to stack it with ALA.
Why do you have to add ALA in the mix?

waitlifter82

Awards
http://www.kentnutrition.com/

has it for $17.95 for 250 caps @ 500mg each, I get my green tea, ALA, dextrose, and CLA there as well
At that price, it's 14.36 cents per gram

Mike's site sells it for 6.40 cents per gram (getting the 1/2 kilo). Of course this way, you have to cap it yourself or chug it down raw (not reccommended).

It always comes down to price vs. convienience

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I am going to be getting the powder soon so I will see how it is to down the powder.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why do you have to add ALA in the mix?

I think you need it as an antioxidant. High doses of alcar are oxidative. I also love alcar, but I cycle off for a couple of months every few months. One thing I've noticed is that I seem to hold less water while using alcar. When I drop it, I'll gain a couple pounds of water within a week or so. When I start back, I drop some. I love 1-2 grams first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I've turned a couple of friends who don't even lift/diet/exercise on to alcar, and they use it regularly. It's also great for weaning off of stims. It's something I'll always take, like a multivitamin or vitamin C.

edit: regarding the powder - I personally love the taste of alcar and crave it. My wife also loves it. My friend likes the taste so much he dumps it in a glass of water to savor the flavor!

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Lol I hope I like the flavor that much...I already use enough powders that make me want to gag.

waitlifter82

Awards
I think you need it as an antioxidant. High doses of alcar are oxidative. I also love alcar, but I cycle off for a couple of months every few months. One thing I've noticed is that I seem to hold less water while using alcar. When I drop it, I'll gain a couple pounds of water within a week or so. When I start back, I drop some. I love 1-2 grams first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I've turned a couple of friends who don't even lift/diet/exercise on to alcar, and they use it regularly. It's also great for weaning off of stims. It's something I'll always take, like a multivitamin or vitamin C.

edit: regarding the powder - I personally love the taste of alcar and crave it. My wife also loves it. My friend likes the taste so much he dumps it in a glass of water to savor the flavor!
Where did you get the powder?? Is it flavored? I got it from 1fast and it is one of the most putred substances on earth.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Where did you get the powder?? Is it flavored? I got it from 1fast and it is one of the most putred substances on earth.

I've bought from 1fast and smi2le.biz. Both taste the same. Just dump it in your mouth and chase it with Crystal Light if you don't like it. ****, I do B5 that way and it is much worse than ALCAR.

I don't mind the taste of ALCAR, but it tends to burn my throat if I don't drink anything afterward.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
2grams mixed in 12 ounces of water barely tastes like anything. agree b5 is the most vile tasting **** on earth.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
3000g split into three doses throughout the day worked awsome for me.
They were caps so taking it was no prob. Cheap too.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I'd been using 1g per day and saw no effect. Weird because so many people seem to love ALCAR.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
3000g split into three doses throughout the day worked awsome for me.
They were caps so taking it was no prob. Cheap too.
Wow, 3 kilograms per day, eh? heheh

Just kiddin, anyways I take somewhere around 3g per day as well. Have been taking it for well over a year; it's just something I don't notice anymore.

Of course, unless I forget to take it.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
all these words like addicting and craving are making me a little worried. Do you guys rely on this stuff once you become used to it, so that missing a dose will make you feel bad? And does the user develop a tolerance?

I'd like to give it a try but any supp that makes me rely on it is not good in my book. Missing a day and feeling like **** sounds a little too addicting IMHO. But like I said I haven't tried it so what's it like?

Brian

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
LOL...oops...yeah..I meant 3g.

Hypo: I don't take it right now because I like to save it for cutting periods. It's a pretty subtle effect, so I don't think it's actually "addictive" per se, but it does seem to create a good mood in about 50-60% of the people that take it. Plus, it helps to use fat for fuel.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I don't find it addictin and I don't feel bad when I miss a dose.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
I'd been using 1g per day and saw no effect. Weird because so many people seem to love ALCAR.
Same here. I finished my 75 gram bottle in about 4 weeks, and I never felt a thing.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
I think the effect is nearly not noticable,but you can get used to it,cause there is an effect and no sides.-that´s how a good supplement should work,and you shouldn´t expect more.

A great addition could be Pyruvate-i used to take.It´s a strong anti.ox. and helps in the Krebs-cycle.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I think the effect is nearly not noticable,but you can get used to it,cause there is an effect and no sides
Fastflight, I was talking about ALCAR increasing energy levels. I didn't see that.

I think you're talking about fat reduction. Anarchy stack seems to work for me, so yes I think I've seen that effect.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Yea,me too,try it with caffein and pyruvate for enrgy/recovery;for me it works for endurance power and smooth muscles.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Is ALCAR supposed to have a strong vinegar/Acetic Acid smell? My Fast purchased powder is pungent. Pure or not, it's a powerful stimulant to me, almost too strong at a gram per dose.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Pungent is a great description for it. I have a kilo from BSL and it's the same way.